Does King come back next year?

Advertisement
I have posted on here about Milton several times, expecting King to go to the NFL, feeling he has accomplished everything in his college career at the mature age of 23.

If Milton is close to what he was before the injury, I would take him in a heartbeat. Milton was better than current UCF QB Gabriel is now, and Gabriel is putting up some big numbers at UCF this season. But Milton was special, especially in big games against big time opponents.

We should at least kick the tires on Milton to see if he can help us

Advertisement
if he wants to be a Qb, its best for him to come back with a weaker draft pool and another year w lashlee. he'd have a burrow or trask type season. if he wants to play in the league and not as a QB, hes gone. either decision, i wont blame him since he is 23 or so and a senior
Has he ever played another position?what makes people think he can just jump to the nfl and be a receiver when so many receivers that actually play the position cant make it to the nfl.

i dont understand the need for milton unless kosi, matchota, or tate leaves
he may be back physically but mentally he will need time to get to where he was

we have tvd who will have a whole year under lashlee with two stud soph rbs, and an oline that will be presumably better
if we get garcia
well have kosi, tvd, garcia, matchota, and tate
we dont need 6 qbs

Advertisement
As everyone points out come back to play Alabama but if i am King it will not get much higher next year "IF" he goes for 450 combine yards against a horrible NC defense and finish with a GREAT game in the bowl vs UF or Georgia. If both happen he is what he is... and the NFL will give him a chance to be a backup or practice squad.

If he fails in the next 2 games or preforms like he did at Clemson then his best bet come back.

Last edited:
Give me a real deal Dual Threat quarterback to go against Bama in 2021.. someone with leadership skills like King.

Advertisement
Cuts the other way too. Why leave when you can lead this team as a contender, potentially go down in Miami history AND make money off your likeness next year? He won’t be a starting QB anywhere next year in the NFL.
This is a very good point. Being able to make money off his likeness as the starting quarterback for a major college football contender in a major market is a big deal. No idea what the $$ looks like but could be the difference in him staying vs. leaving for sure..

King is gone and heard that he even reached out to Mckenzie Milton and told him his intentions of going to the league so. Let's just enjoy this season it will be historic and besides Milton is a beast if he's healthy enough....
You heard? Lmao

Or did you just read that on rivals/canes warning.

Advertisement
He told you that?
He's the #2 rated edge rusher with 38 Qb pressures 6.5 sacks and 14 TFL. He will play 2 more games maybe the 3 if we play a NY6 game and call it a career. You can't teach that kind of motor. I think he's a poor man's Leonard Williams from the Giants and that might be underselling him. He hopefully continues with Greg to build our pipeline back to successful star players becoming successful stars in the league for years to come.

Cuts the other way too. Why leave when you can lead this team as a contender, potentially go down in Miami history AND make money off your likeness next year? He won’t be a starting QB anywhere next year in the NFL.

this is from a fan's perspective, not a player's. i just don't think these guys THINK this way.

He's the #2 rated edge rusher with 38 Qb pressures 6.5 sacks and 14 TFL. He will play 2 more games maybe the 3 if we play a NY6 game and call it a career. You can't teach that kind of motor. I think he's a poor man's Leonard Williams from the Giants and that might be underselling him. He hopefully continues with Greg to build our pipeline back to successful star players becoming successful stars in the league for years to come.
And his injury history isn’t pretty especially the concussions. Y’all dudes keep over looking that. One more year could solidify him in the 10-15 range. Rousseau not playing this year might have cost himself from going even higher.

Advertisement
Back