Votes: 195 49.1%
  • Heck no. He is a coRch

Votes: 37 9.3%
  • OP is a ***

Votes: 39 9.8%
  • Epstein didn't kill himself.

Votes: 104 26.2%

• Total voters
Solid hire but if he is not picking the staff. He is just a face of the program.Just a water down Richt. He is going to have to step up his recruiting game also because now has to fight off more than Texas for kids with less resources.

Advertisement
Sorry man I'm an adult another adult doesn't scare me

I don't know about this. There's a person, somewhere out there, I'm pretty sure you would be (and should be) scared of. It's ok. Like, I'm kinda frightened of Tyra banks and emeril lagase.

Advertisement
To be clear, if they announce that Stoops is coming in and cleaning house and has millions to spend on each assistant, I would be f me. The reclaim my legacy mode.

I have a hard time believing he would want to keep Briles and Leavitt. Hard to even write that without laughing. He picked Lincoln Riley. Now it is just whoever happens to already be on the payroll?

I played golf with a close family member of his a couple of years ago and I was told he had no interest in coaching anymore. Could that have changed? Sure. But he’s not a guy that is going to go out and put in a ton of extra hours.

I think he’s a good hire for them just from the standpoint that he will stabilize their program. That’s what they need right now.
Then he is taking the job to get out of the house and some away time from the ole ball and chain

Advertisement
I think in this day and age of college football, the head coach isn’t as important as the admin’s commitment to winning and spending money

Ed Orgeron lost to Troy at home with a loaded roster. But they fired the AD and hired a ridiculous support staff for Coach O. Now they are rollin

Advertisement
To be clear, if they announce that Stoops is coming in and cleaning house and has millions to spend on each assistant, I would be f me. The reclaim my legacy mode.

I have a hard time believing he would want to keep Briles and Leavitt. Hard to even write that without laughing. He picked Lincoln Riley. Now it is just whoever happens to already be on the payroll?
Stoops and Leavitt worked together at K-State

Advertisement
The fact that if the rumors are true Stoops isn’t **** canning the entire staff leads me to believe FSU and Stoops are clueless about the program. That reeks of not having money to pay the staff out, Stoops not having control, or FSU is focusing on trying to bizarrely salvage a recruiting class by canning the head coach but keeping the staff on short term (Stoops cans them after the signing period).

With that said he is a good coach, a good hire, and a definite step up from Taggart. That isn’t debatable. Richt is a solid comparison. The staff will make or break this hire same as Richt.

I just don’t follow the logic of “the only thing wrong with FSU football was Willie Taggart”. That is amazingly optimistic, short-sighted, and just flat out insane.

Exactly. If Bob Stoops is just taking over Willie Taggart's staff then this is a recipe for failure.

I don't get all the hand wringing about certain people being "problems" for us. They're not even in our division. So the only real possibility of being an immediate "problem" is on the recruiting front and our problems will extend beyond FSU if we're not holding our own in that arena sooner rather than later and it certainly won't be due to just one competitor school.

Advertisement
Back