Votes: 195 49.1%
  • Heck no. He is a coRch

Votes: 37 9.3%
  • OP is a ***

Votes: 39 9.8%
  • Epstein didn't kill himself.

Votes: 104 26.2%

• Total voters
If the plan is really that everything stays in place except Taggart is replaced with Bob Stoops, I'd feel better than if they cleaned house. My only remaining concern would be if Bob Stoops has really updated his charting expertise.
Can you elab

Advertisement
Stoops and Leavitt worked together at K-State
They were co DC. Never worked together again. 25 years apart. Can’t believe Stoops loved working with Leavitt. Could be wrong. Just don’t buy that Stoops as an alpha is just whoever is here is okey dokey. Control freaks control. He has the power to control.

FSU has talent but they are a team that was starting to erode under Fisher but Taggart accelerated the problems a lot. I think it's a 3 year minimum rebuild to get them back to where Jimbo had them when they were good. Probably 4 years. Does he have the patience for that at his age?

To answer the question, no he doesn't scare me but he'll make the games more competitive than this year obviously. I think he can get them to a notch (okay 2 notches lol) below Clemson at best so at best: top 20-15.

Advertisement
FSU has talent but they are a team that was starting to erode under Fisher but Taggart accelerated the problems a lot. I think it's a 3 year minimum rebuild to get them back to where Jimbo had them when they were good. Probably 4 years. Does he have the patience for that at his age?

To answer the question, no he doesn't scare me but he'll make the games more competitive than this year obviously. I think he can get them to a notch below Clemson at best so at best: top 20-15.

For the life of me I just can't figure this whole thing out if it turns out to be true. He probably has more money than he knows what to do with so why the **** would he go to the dumpster fire that is FSU? I guess he just really needs to be a coach or maybe $8M per year is just too hard to pass up.

Seems strange to tell a guy like Stoops that he doesn't get to choose his own people. What big time coach is going to put up with boosters telling him who he has to have on his staff. I don't believe this story one bit.

For the life of me I just can't figure this whole thing out if it turns out to be true. He probably has more money than he knows what to do with so why the **** would he go to the dumpster fire that is FSU? I guess he just really needs to be a coach or maybe $8M per year is just too hard to pass up.
They have a pretty stacked roster. Grab some JUCO OL, grad transfer QB & convince Akers to come back.. might win 10+ first season.. which just accelerates recruiting/rebuild.

Advertisement
We owe that f*** Stoops a receipt for the 2000 National Title he won where he should've played us and got thoroughly embarrassed. I digress, but he's a decent hire with a credible name yet he doesn't scare me at all as long as we keep improving ourselves by getting our offense in full gear.

Older coach, that had gotten burned out in his last stop now going to another school. Not something to be frightened of, especially when one looks at the fact that Stoops will now be in a far more competitive recruiting environment. OU was Top 2 for **** near every kid in their recruiting territory. Let's see stoops fight in an environment where you have 5-6 schools worth a ****.

Advertisement
I'm concerned. He's a big name with a history of winning. The guy only had 4 seasons with less than 10 wins at OU. Miami? Has won 10 games 1 time in 16 years.

I think he instantly steps on campus, pulls recruits and makes that program better. I also think he'll put together a well rounded, competent staff. That only mistake he can make is bringing Mike to be the D-Coordinator.....he's not good.

In his era there werent a ton of good teams in Big 12 hes 1-4 in BCS games and 9-9 in bowl games

Advertisement
My guy says no, so we'll see. I would be very surprised if this happened, in parricular the staff bs.

Good regular season coach, terrible big game coach. One of his nicknames is the sarcastic Big Game Bob!

Advertisement
Back