Does anyone have actual intel on Tyreic Martin?

Lulz at us counting on this guy. This is the difference between us and the elite teams. Until we get a deep, elite and monstrous DL stacked with NFL talent, we will always be playing catchup.

No one is counting on him. He'll still probably be 3rd string next season. He's a total enigma, and people are fishing for more info.

Or he’s a talented developmental player who was:

1) redshirted due to injury year One
2) Was behind veterans year 2

Not playing does not equal bad. Context.

Advertisement
Lulz at us counting on this guy. This is the difference between us and the elite teams. Until we get a deep, elite and monstrous DL stacked with NFL talent, we will always be playing catchup.

This ^ staff needs to figure this out

Advertisement
Two things to your point:

1) Rs-Soph year is here
2) Has there been any pictures of him recently? I have no idea what he looks like now.

He doesn't look like a DT.

Photo?

7529452.jpg

He looks good but more like a DE then DT

Advertisement
Or UM DT's can look like this also. But Tyriec Martin looks a little to light to be playing inside.

14053941_1551612194864977_5859563518894876767_o.jpg

Cqve0mNUIAEdvhm.jpg

Last edited:
not a um level player

More info please.

Jonathan Ford came in here late in the summer and instantly jumpedhim on the depth chart.

Ford is a kid i viewed to be raw... was higher on the depth chart by the time they got to stretches. Martin wont log real minutes here if he doesnt have a good promison winter workout/spring.

Got it. IDK if we know his caliber though until after more time this year. The biggest difference between the two is size and pedigree. Ford came in at 6'5 320, already playing at DT, so when you are that big with his quicks you don't have to do much to do well. Martin came in at 6'3 260, at DE with the thought to move him inside. So he has needed to add weight (through injury), didn't have the body to play immediately, and learn a new position. Trust me these sound like excuses, but I think they have to be accounted for in his process.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I am excited about how far we came this year, but it concerns me that going into year three we are back to worrying about the most essential position on any Miami team, DT. This class needed to have a couple future 1st or 2nd round picks at DT. DT and QB must be addresses every year. Mark at lease got a qb the last two years even if that is always a crap shoot. Nesta is great, if he signs, but there should be another as good plus maybe a third as back up to one flipping. You cannot play football as Hurricanes without top flight DTs, period. QB needs to be Miami quality but that mean great college QB; DT need to be NFL 1rd types or as close as possible.

This is what a prototypical Miami DT recruit should look.

qni3eebwikejjgzlssnp

images

Who is this kid???!?!

Jordan Davis committed to UGA but wasn’t given a letter of intent on early signing day

6’6” and 330, little tall for a Miami prototype DT. Ours where more 6’1 to 6’3 or 4. Hard for tall guy to get low in short yardage or avoid blocks to get into backfield quick. More NT space earner for 3-4.

Advertisement
Back