Does anyone have actual intel on Tyreic Martin?

PittsburghCane

Redshirt Freshman
We are all reevaluating what we have on our rosters and I have been wondering alot about Martin. I always see comments that he isn't good or starting material or this or that, but I don't think I have ever seen or heard an actual report from anyone on him. I am sure there is something out there I have missed but I would appreciate someone or anyone with real knowledge about his current development that can shed light on what we have.

He's been list at 270 since he signed as a DE and is moving inside so he's got to have gotten bigger. He redshirted his frosh season and was low on the chart this season but with two years in the defense he knows the plays. Also two years with Kul has to have done something for him. As well as two years with Felder.

Any insight for this cat?

Advertisement
He was injured last year according to the Herald. Why he never played a snap this year is the real question. Diaz said he flashed some during bowl practices.

I have no "real knowledge". I has wat you call artificial intelligence.

He doesn't look ready physically. When he signed, I said forget about him until his RS-Soph year at the earliest.

If Kool can make him a productive player, he should get a huge raise.

Advertisement
Last thing Pete said was weight room and strength related. **** if he can even produce some at DE I’d be happy. If he hasn’t gotten too heavy of course

Two things to your point:

1) Rs-Soph year is here
2) Has there been any pictures of him recently? I have no idea what he looks like now.

He was a project from the beginning at DT. These smaller guys who come in as DT are always going to take a few years to develop, if they do develop. Briggs, if he signs here, will take time too.

People tend to forget that with freshmans playing so often at different positions that it's still very tough for most DT to flourish until he's been a program for about 3 years.

Advertisement
Martin should probably be playing for the University of Louisiana Ragin' Cajun Potato Skins

He was a project from the beginning at DT. These smaller guys who come in as DT are always going to take a few years to develop, if they do develop. Briggs, if he signs here, will take time too.

People tend to forget that with freshmans playing so often at different positions that it's still very tough for most DT to flourish until he's been a program for about 3 years.

you're a program

1) Rs-Soph year is here
2) Has there been any pictures of him recently? I have no idea what he looks like now.

He doesn't look like a DT.

Photo?

7529452.jpg

Advertisement
Lulz at us counting on this guy. This is the difference between us and the elite teams. Until we get a deep, elite and monstrous DL stacked with NFL talent, we will always be playing catchup.

I'm glad that you said that about Briggs because I think people are really taking the fact that we need DT's and are blowing out of proportion what this guy's impact can be in the near future. He's a guy that I don't expect much from until probably his third year in the program. A bit different from Martin in the sense that he's a better prospect that I expect to begin excelling by his third year whereas with Martin I predicted third year before he even begins to contribute at all.

Advertisement

1) Rs-Soph year is here

He doesn't look like a DT.

Photo?

7529452.jpg

Gracias. Looks fit but if he can add more muscle leading to the season, coupled with hopefully what he's gotten for two years in great coaching we might have something. [MENTION=12910]Brooklyndee[/MENTION] any info on his development?

We need to recruit more DT's , I don't mind projects just cannot have a roster full of them

Advertisement
Back