Does anyone else find it odd...

Advertisement
Or it could be that they feel he was getting enough burn and producing while still *****ing and moaning and now they see a spot for them to fill.
I’m sure the coaches will wish him well too.
He is a better person and football player then when he entered, why he chose to leave after having a sensational game last week is beyond me.

Absolutely not. If you’ve ever played sports at any level higher than high school you understand. That’s their boy. You’re around eachother almost 24/7. People leave for whatever reason but no matter what happens you’re friends for life
Of course they’re friends for life....You’re missing the point.

If your boy was late to practice, got screamed at in front of the team, and then walked out.... you’re gonna do everything u can to get your brother back. You’re gonna go on social media and show him love. You’re gonna tell him he needs to be home. Your not just gonna wish him luck and peace out......

Unless u don’t want him on the team, or think he’s right to not wanna be on the team.

Or nobody outside of the program truly knows what is going on and fans just want to rip the kid for making a personal decision?
Nah dude, this isn’t about whether what he did was right or wrong. It’s about his teammates reactions to what he did.

Advertisement
I just can’t see him making such an obviously dumb move because he’s homesick.

He’s not gonna play in the season prior to becoming draft eligible... that’s a pretty big deal for a kid whose family’s future depends on that draft.

You mean like being a 4/5* recruit that every college was recruiting and then quitting your HS team b/c you got sand in your ******?

Seems like everyone is trying to read too much into this ... wouldn't be surprised if the kid has depression/mental issues.

You mean like being a 4/5* recruit that every college was recruiting and then quitting your HS team b/c you got sand in your ******?

Seems like everyone is trying to read too much into this ... wouldn't be surprised if the kid has depression/mental issues.
The kid absolutely has mental health issues. My point tho wasn’t about what he did or why he did it.

I was talking about his teammates reaction to what he did... i wouidve expected to see them trying to get him back... they didn’t.

Advertisement
I think it's time to let this go. We all wish the kid the best of luck in whatever direction he decides to go. It sounds like this situation is complicated on many levels . I am sure anyone associated with UM football- whether it be players or coaches or support staff - will be more than happy to assist him if he asks for help. That's just the kind of place Miami is.

Tomorrow is another game - let's support the guys, particularly the seniors , for a win.

Advertisement
Maybe the younger WR’s who are rumored to be unhappy saw JT being treated different, and rubbed them the wrong way causing some tension in the locker room? This is pure speculation on my part as I have ZERO insider knowledge. Maybe guys like Pope think/believe he’s just as good and given the opportunities he would produce. You need to believe you are the best to be the best. It goes hand in hand. My $0.02 on the current atmosphere down in Coral Gables...

Go Canes!

Let's just wish the best for jt4, the man made a decision, coach richt and the other coaches are not gone budge on. So we are where we are at, this is what happens when you got alot of young guys and no real leadership on offense besides the coaches. Just go back to what gauthier said about "guys being to sensitive to the coaching". Again, randy moss got dismissed from Fsu and they still won a national title, so while jeff thomas is a nice weapon to have, he doesnt understand the whole game of football just yet, its not about you always getting the ball, its about you consistently playing your position properly and at a high level no matter who or what the qb is doing!.

Football is always going to be a "next man up" mentality type of game, no one player with the exception of qb, can hold a team hostage, but even than, they'll just work around the qb to as well. The players on this team who are committed to being Great at UM not gone respect the guys but so much who want to roll out, especially the defensive players. The young receivers think just because they making a few plays in practice every now and than that they should be a starter. At UM it aint about hating on the next man in front of you, its about everybody worjing their hardest to get each other better, and may the best man win. To many haters on offense, and once Ahmon went down, alot of the young guns felt like they were entitled to that spot.

Again to all the young wanna be know it all offensive players, learn the playbook, learn your routes and than learn how to run those routes properly, be consistent and you'll be in the mix before you know it, cry babies go home!
Problem with your response is that JT was a starter already. he did all the stuff on the field besides catching passes. he was singled out numerous time this season by commentators in the booth that he was a vicious blocker and was an example to younger receivers of how to play the position when you don't have the ball in your hand!

The truth will eventually come out with time. But I'm not going to throw JT under the bus when I have not seen anything that point to him not know his position. This is very disturbing that the coach can't recruit the players on the squad let alone recruit guys coming in that are now jumping ship!!

Advertisement
This is another guy that never should have been a starter! There are 5 WRs that preformed better then him and yet Richt felt the need to make him a starting WR! The nonsense is just unbelievable on this team right now!!

Name the 5 guys

Of course they’re friends for life....You’re missing the point.

If your boy was late to practice, got screamed at in front of the team, and then walked out.... you’re gonna do everything u can to get your brother back. You’re gonna go on social media and show him love. You’re gonna tell him he needs to be home. Your not just gonna wish him luck and peace out......

Unless u don’t want him on the team, or think he’s right to not wanna be on the team.

From every report it has been ongoing and this was the last chance. How do you know they haven’t been privately telling him that? I’m sure they did what they could but once his mind was made up it didn’t matter. So you go on twitter and wish your boy the best

From every report it has been ongoing and this was the last chance. How do you know they haven’t been privately telling him that? I’m sure they did what they could but once his mind was made up it didn’t matter. So you go on twitter and wish your boy the best
The reports said that jt decided to leave the team after being dressed down by a coach. When your boy does something that stupid, u don’t wish him well, u tell him to get his head out of his ***.

Advertisement
Back