Do you use Discord

Do you use Discord

• Yes

Votes: 99 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 111 52.9%

• Total voters
Advertisement
If I had a PC I would have discord. But I have a PS5 so no, I don’t have it.

Advertisement
It’s kind of a pain handling roles, setting servers, invites and it’s weird functionality. Good for getting instant notifications but the discussion /posting threads are lame. Use it because crylpto nerds post support info there. PIA IMO

Advertisement
The question is is anybody making revenue off this. I’ll bet you the answer is no. At least not in the traditional way that revenues made
Most of the guys making revenue charge subscription fees through Patreon or similar. Then once you pay they send you an invite code. Then they have bots that keep track of the invitees and boot them out after a month(or time frame you paid for) if a new payment isn't received.

Most of the guys making revenue charge subscription fees through Patreon or similar. Then once you pay they send you an invite code. Then they have bots that keep track of the invitees and boot them out after a month(or time frame you paid for) if a new payment isn't received.

OK thanks. A revenue subscription stream doesn’t surprise me - I was tunnel visioning advertising revenue. Since the Internet is mostly based on advertising revenue, even as the world is kind of partially transitioning to a subscription model, at least partially anyway. Shlt you're even seeing subscriptions with with cars. But people still have to buy shlt. I was just kind of selfishly trying to step back and seeing if there was some long-term monetizing play here. But I really don’t have that much knowledge about the technology to be comfortable in understanding the financial stability of its future.

I actually know about the most about this from the kids in my family that game

Advertisement
OK thanks. A revenue subscription stream doesn’t surprise me - I was tunnel visioning advertising revenue. Since the Internet is mostly based on advertising revenue, even as the world is kind of partially transitioning to a subscription model, at least partially anyway. Shlt you're even seeing subscriptions with with cars. But people still have to buy shlt. I was just kind of selfishly trying to step back and seeing if there was some long-term monetizing play here. But I really don’t have that much knowledge about the technology to be comfortable in understanding the financial stability of its future.

I actually know about the most about this from the kids in my family that game
No problem.

I am not sure of the long term stability of it either. Its hard to gauge these new apps and websites. So many of them start up gain some steam, then die out a couple years later. You probably know more about it than I do, since I am pretty sure gaming is what the majority of discord users use it for. I have never actually used it so I am not sure if they have advertising or anything like that, in which they make money from.

Advertisement
Gamers been using discord for a minute to organize and get together. Has voice/mic features. It will take traffic away from board.

Gamers been using discord for a minute to organize and get together. Has voice/mic features. It will take traffic away from board.

I use it for my streaming community and gaming team. It will peel some eyes since it's real time, but the channels that can be created and access to them would be a boon. Keeping trolls out and we may actually be able to have a true insider board. I would be 100% in.

Advertisement
Back