Do we need Thomas Burns?

u can play football on track scholarship, the track players can walk on as football player if want and when become starter or on 2 deep switch from track to football scholly its been done here before.

Not true. If your on the football roster your scholly has to change from track to football

99.9% sure, the scholarship does not change to football until they actually play in a game.

this is correct. Step on the field and track scholly converts to foozeball 😎

Advertisement
You guys keep saying track scholarship but you can't play football on a track scholly...

Serious question then: can a football scholly player run track?! basically, are the rules different depending on NCAA sport and scholarships?

The quality of trolls has really dropped on the site. My 9 yr old niece has more football knowledge than this clown.

For somebody to ask if a football scholly player can run track, just shows that they know absolutely zero about college football or the Miami Hurricanes.

Answer the question then pendejo...If I asked it, obviously, it's bc I don't know the answer, genius. You know what? forget it ****, go play with your 9 year old niece instead.

Didn't somebody suggest a policy that in order to be permitted to post you must have a minimum of 100 posts?

Deserves some careful consideration.

Wow dude, are you retarded? How do you get to 100 if you can't post until you have 100? Didn't attend UM, did you? If you did, I'm asking for my tuition refund
More evidence this policy should be put in place

Oh I'm sorry, forgot to glance at your CIS Cred listed so pathetically to the left of your commentary...21k+ posts, eh? **** primo, that means you have averaged ~11.1 posts/day for the last 5+ years...that sounds like fat, pathetic, small crank, little man living in his **** mama's basement to me Primo!!! Sorry I don't post on here like a 13-year-old **** bc I have responsibilities in life like laying waste to our nation's enemies and laying the Bomba a tu mama ;) But carry on with yourself, don't let my words discourage you.
I would never let the words of an emotional train wreck discourage me

hVx4s/200.gif#31[/URL]
Didn't somebody suggest a policy that in order to be permitted to post you must have a minimum of 100 posts?

Wow dude, are you retarded? How do you get to 100 if you can't post until you have 100? Didn't attend UM, did you? If you did, I'm asking for my tuition refund

Oh I'm sorry, forgot to glance at your CIS Cred listed so pathetically to the left of your commentary...21k+ posts, eh? **** primo, that means you have averaged ~11.1 posts/day for the last 5+ years...that sounds like fat, pathetic, small crank, little man living in his **** mama's basement to me Primo!!! Sorry I don't post on here like a 13-year-old **** bc I have responsibilities in life like laying waste to our nation's enemies and laying the Bomba a tu mama ;) But carry on with yourself, don't let my words discourage you.

[video]https://media1.giphy.com/media/buNf3AeHhVx4s/200.gif#31[/video]

hVx4s/200.gif#31[/URL]

200.gif

Let me help you out.

Thanks for your service. Kill a terrorist for me and my momma that lives upstairs.

Advertisement

This is what 11.1 monsters/day for the last 5+ years will do for you.

u can play football on track scholarship, the track players can walk on as football player if want and when become starter or on 2 deep switch from track to football scholly its been done here before.

Not true. If your on the football roster your scholly has to change from track to football

99.9% sure, the scholarship does not change to football until they actually play in a game.

this is correct. Step on the field and track scholly converts to foozeball

No. If you don't know the rules don't pretend too. If your involved with the football team and also run track your scholly must be with football. The ncaa is extremely strict on this and if your a walk on it will hinder your financial aid as well.

You guys keep saying track scholarship but you can't play football on a track scholly...

Serious question then: can a football scholly player run track?! basically, are the rules different depending on NCAA sport and scholarships?

The quality of trolls has really dropped on the site. My 9 yr old niece has more football knowledge than this clown.

For somebody to ask if a football scholly player can run track, just shows that they know absolutely zero about college football or the Miami Hurricanes.

Answer the question then pendejo...If I asked it, obviously, it's bc I don't know the answer, genius. You know what? forget it ****, go play with your 9 year old niece instead.

Plenty of *** wipes here that want to question your knowledge, and not answer your question. It is really simple . . . I don't like your question I move on without commenting . . .

To answer your reasonable question, football players can run track. The rule at question is actually a "Miami" NCAA rule. When we were on probation we had a few kids come to Miami on track ship, that were also able to play football. It circumvented the rules apparently.

Advertisement
Football players can run track; track guys who play football become football players who run track. Keeps teems from using the track team to get more than 85 scholarship players.

this is correct. Step on the field and track scholly converts to foozeball

No. If you don't know the rules don't pretend too. If your involved with the football team and also run track your scholly must be with football. The ncaa is extremely strict on this and if your a walk on it will hinder your financial aid as well.

incorrect

you have to play in a game to count as a football counter. I hate it when people are given the info and still want to question ****.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/tam/genrel/auto_pdf/comp101-4-multi-sport-sas.pdf

Football is a unique and popular sport; therefore, the Association recognized that it had tobalance the need to prevent members from circumventing financial aid rules with thehigh demand for participation in the sport. Several years ago, the members of the NCAA

adopted the ability for athletes in one sport who were not recruited or offered financialaid by football to actually participate in practice sessions without having to count againstfootball’s limit of 85 counters. However, if the walk-on proves to be a quality footballplayer and earns the privilege of playing in an actual contest, he or she would thenbecome a counter against the football limits.

Football players can run track; track guys who play football become football players who run track. Keeps teems from using the track team to get more than 85 scholarship players.

track guys have to play in the game . . . unless they were recruited for football. it is in link above

Advertisement

Plenty of *** wipes here that want to question your knowledge, and not answer your question. It is really simple . . . I don't like your question I move on without commenting . . .

To answer your reasonable question, football players can run track. The rule at question is actually a "Miami" NCAA rule. When we were on probation we had a few kids come to Miami on track ship, that were also able to play football. It circumvented the rules apparently.

How many players have we had, big time players, that have slid over to track and run events, over the last 10-20 years. Plenty. And it's not a secret. Even casual fans know that. There's nothing stopping a football scholarship player from running track and this is common knowledge.

To not know this raises suspicion, especially with someone that just started posting, and also with all the recent influx of trolls.

But you go on being the stellar mod that you are.

Forgetting about football abilities, as a comparison Thomas Burns is faster than Chris Henderson. A comparison can be made between both players 10th grade times as there is a grade difference between them. I will not use hurdles as there is technique involved.

The one common race they both entered as juniors was the 200m--

Christopher Henderson……....200m--- 21.92…. Apr 1, 2015.... FHSAA 4A District 16
Thomas Burns…............…..200m--- 21.56 …. Apr 21, 2016.... FHSAA 3A District 16

Henderson as an 11th grader ran the 200m in 21.24 and it can be reasonably anticipated that Burns will succeed this time possibly by quite a bit as a junior.

I know that Henderson has played ball more as a RB at Columbus but is now going to be a DB. He is also taller and somewhat heavier.
However, Burns is being groomed and has played as a DB in high school.

My personal opinion is lets see how Burns turns out after playing the 2017 season and then go from there. How is his football abilities, his size, etc

Burns in limited game film does show that he is a rather hard tackler despite his lean size. He has great closing speed.
Thomas Burns - Hudl

Last edited:

this is correct. Step on the field and track scholly converts to foozeball ��

incorrect

you have to play in a game to count as a football counter. I hate it when people are given the info and still want to question ****.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/tam/genrel/auto_pdf/comp101-4-multi-sport-sas.pdf

it depends on how the player was recruited. if the football staff has any contact with a kid, then he technically counts as a football counter when he begins practicing in the fall/first day of classes.

so for instance, the fact that we've actually offered and he committed makes it very unlikely thomas burns will be able to participate with our football team in any manner and not be considered a football counter.

here are the rules outlining what the NCAA considers "recruited". if a player falls under any of these, they are counted as a football counter as soon as they enroll with financial aid.

15.02.8 Recruited Student-Athlete. For purposes of Bylaw 15, a recruited student-athlete is a student-athlete who, as a prospective student-athlete:

(a) Was provided an official visit to the institution’s campus;
(b) Had an arranged, in-person, off-campus encounter with a member of the institution’s coaching staff (including a coach’s arranged, in-person, off-campus encounter with the prospective student-athlete or the prospective student-athlete’s parents, relatives or legal guardians); or
(c) Was issued a National Letter of Intent or a written offer of athletically related financial aid by the institution for a regular academic term.

Last edited:
Advertisement

How many players have we had, big time players, that have slid over to track and run events, over the last 10-20 years. Plenty. And it's not a secret. Even casual fans know that. There's nothing stopping a football scholarship player from running track and this is common knowledge.

To not know this raises suspicion, especially with someone that just started posting, and also with all the recent influx of trolls.

I know they can run track. That wasn't the question and surely wasn't the context either. The question revolved around status of scholarship since folks are saying that a track scholly athlete becomes a football scholly athlete once they take a snap in a game. I was wondering how the rule is applied for football scholly players going over and actually hitting a meet officially. Someone answered my question on here, basically stipulating that men's football is the highest varsity sport in the hierarchy and trumps all other sports when it comes to the application of a scholarship. Got it

I know they can run track. That wasn't the question and surely wasn't the context either. The question revolved around status of scholarship since folks are saying that a track scholly athlete becomes a football scholly athlete once they take a snap in a game. I was wondering how the rule is applied for football scholly players going over and actually hitting a meet officially. Someone answered my question on here, basically stipulating that men's football is the highest varsity sport in the hierarchy and trumps all other sports when it comes to the application of a scholarship. Got it

Stay woke

The best way to handle Burns is to convince him to come on a track schollie and have him be solely on the track team for 2018. Then in 2019, convert his track schollie to football so in effect he ends up like a 2019 commit.

Exactly!

Advertisement
Back