Do we need Thomas Burns?

Advertisement
Forgetting about football abilities, as a comparison Thomas Burns is faster than Chris Henderson. A comparison can be made between both players 10th grade times as there is a grade difference between them. I will not use hurdles as there is technique involved.

The one common race they both entered as juniors was the 200m--

Christopher Henderson……....200m--- 21.92…. Apr 1, 2015.... FHSAA 4A District 16
Thomas Burns…............…..200m--- 21.56 …. Apr 21, 2016.... FHSAA 3A District 16

Henderson as an 11th grader ran the 200m in 21.24 and it can be reasonably anticipated that Burns will succeed this time possibly by quite a bit as a junior.

I know that Henderson has played ball more as a RB at Columbus but is now going to be a DB. He is also taller and somewhat heavier.
However, Burns is being groomed and has played as a DB in high school.

My personal opinion is lets see how Burns turns out after playing the 2017 season and then go from there. How is his football abilities, his size, etc

Burns in limited game film does show that he is a rather hard tackler despite his lean size. He has great closing speed.
Thomas Burns - Hudl

Forgetting about his brother this kind of speed you can always find a place for...he is listed at 5-11/157 and if that height the S&C people can always put 20-25 lbs on him over a year or two year max without any loss of speed. He is a hard tackler as the film shown unlike Henderson who has never played CB and will have to learn the position almost from scratch.

Not true. If your on the football roster your scholly has to change from track to football

99.9% sure, the scholarship does not change to football until they actually play in a game.

this is correct. Step on the field and track scholly converts to foozeball ��

No. If you don't know the rules don't pretend too. If your involved with the football team and also run track your scholly must be with football. The ncaa is extremely strict on this and if your a walk on it will hinder your financial aid as well.

incorrect

you have to play in a game to count as a football counter. I hate it when people are given the info and still want to question ****.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/tam/genrel/auto_pdf/comp101-4-multi-sport-sas.pdf

Nope.

You are wrong and way to cuss at me as a moderator. Solid.

99.9% sure, the scholarship does not change to football until they actually play in a game.

No. If you don't know the rules don't pretend too. If your involved with the football team and also run track your scholly must be with football. The ncaa is extremely strict on this and if your a walk on it will hinder your financial aid as well.

incorrect

you have to play in a game to count as a football counter. I hate it when people are given the info and still want to question ****.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/tam/genrel/auto_pdf/comp101-4-multi-sport-sas.pdf

Nope.

Question **** is cursing at you now? lol so many soft shoulders . . .

cursing at you would be something like this:

dumb muther****er you are an idiot.

of course i wouldnt say that to you or any other poster. naturally if i would have said it i would have had to say your . . . because the irony would be too much for anyone to call anyone else dumb while saying your instead of you are . . . Oh I digress.

regardless we see a different interpretation of the rule book. i believe a track player has to play in a game, and that makes them a counter. Or they have to have been recruited to some extent by football team to be a counter. I do not believe a track star who practices with the team is a counter, assuming they weren't recruited by the football team.

incorrect

Nope.

Question **** is cursing at you now? lol so many soft shoulders . . .

cursing at you would be something like this:

dumb muther****er you are an idiot.

of course i wouldnt say that to you or any other poster. naturally if i would have said it i would have had to say your . . . because the irony would be too much for anyone to call anyone else dumb while saying your instead of you are . . . Oh I digress.

regardless we see a different interpretation of the rule book. i believe a track player has to play in a game, and that makes them a counter. Or they have to have been recruited to some extent by football team to be a counter. I do not believe a track star who practices with the team is a counter, assuming they weren't recruited by the football team.

lol well played

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back