Do we have enough talent ?

At full strength, we're 2nd best team in the ACC. If we have injuries, turnovers, or come out flat, we can get caught. FSU is at a point where they can have those things and still overcome it.

After we lost Duke last year:

FSU - they were just more talented, top to bottom. An upset this year isn't out of the question, but they've just got more
VT - Early turnovers buried us, but we were the better team
Duke - No Duke, Dorsett, or Coley. If Coley doesn't get hurt, we win that game
Pitt - Coley single handedly wins that game for us. No Coley, we lose
Louisville - Completely flat and we get our *** kicked

We're talented than every team we play this year except FSU, but if Duke & Coley get hurt, the gap closes quick.

Advertisement
Probably not, but we do have top 10 talent.

Not yet, but are slowly gaining. If we can hold onto this class, and add some , and have a strong 2016 class. we will be top 20.

LOL, dude if we need to wait until 2016 to get back into the top 20 we'll be starting from scratch. Golden really has two years,this year and next to get us back to respectability (top 20). No matter what this board says, the admin of the Athletic department, school, and staff have a goal of winning the 6th. They all feel they are on track to be competing for that in 2015 and 2016. A failure to hit the top 20 this year and next and Golden is very likely not here in 2016. Beauty of this year is we get a pretty good idea of what type of team we have on 9/1. You go to Louisville and win, you are a top 20 type team. You lose, you probably are not. Granted it's just one game, but you take that pulse every game.

For sure, it's the other variables that have me worried, injuries mainly. The offense will still be heavily reliant on Duke, and while I think the defense will improve, if DP goes down the defense won't be the same and that improvement goes out the window imo. I also do think we beat FSU this year. They are not winning 28 (or 29 with the extra playoff game?) straight games and another national title, there gunna drop one this year, we're at home and crazy **** happens in rivalry games. So yeah, we got the talent to win 10 or 11 games, but other things like injuries or lack of growth by the D can really hold us back.

Advertisement
Not only talented, but experienced, and far deeper than we've been in years. No reason why we can't get there if we get above average QB play.
We have the best talent in the coastal bar none. No excuses. Get to the **** title game

Do we have the talent? **** yea.......

Will the players execute their assignments or will they be placed in the right spots to make plays?
We will find out on Labor Day....

The D has been so bad...but the offense last year was equally embarrassing vs any team with a defensive pulse. It's quite possible the offense is going to be the biggest liability this season.

Advertisement
The D has been so bad...but the offense last year was equally embarrassing vs any team with a defensive pulse. It's quite possible the offense is going to be the biggest liability this season.

Seriously how do you figure that? Miami is loaded at RB and WR, solid & experienced at TE and on the OL.
If one of the two QB's just takes what's available the offense could be great.

Probably not, but we do have top 10 talent.

Nah, we have top 20 talent. We have top ten talent all over but we still have spots on the starting 22 that are mid major level. A solid 15 and great 2016 class would put us firmly I got the top ten.

Gotta see better play calling, in my opinion. I like Coley as a recruiter, but I am not a fan of his play calling. Not yet, at least.I hope that changes this year.

Seriously how do you figure that? Miami is loaded at RB and WR, solid & experienced at TE and on the OL.

Gotta see better play calling, in my opinion. I like Coley as a recruiter, but I am not a fan of his play calling. Not yet, at least.I hope that changes this year.

I agree with that, my hope is some of it was due to our QB situation LY.

Advertisement
We have more than enough talent to win the Coastal, but not enough to win the conference. Too wide a talent gap between FSU and Miami.

And the 2015 class, other than the RB group, will only make that gap wider unless there's a ton of attrition in the coming months. It's simply not good enough.

Advertisement
We have more than enough talent to win the Coastal, but not enough to win the conference. Too wide a talent gap between FSU and Miami.

And the 2015 class, other than the RB group, will only make that gap wider unless there's a ton of attrition in the coming months. It's simply not good enough.

Agreed. I like the RBs, I like the WR from La. Patchan, McIntosh and Perry are decent but after that our class is very very meh. It's hard to judge OL, and I'm not saying our class is garbage, it is decent but at this rate we are just falling farther behind with 2015. FSU is stacking and we are just meh. Things can change quickly but for now it's just what it is.

Is this really a question? I think an overwhelming majority on this board would agree that the only team with more talent than us on our schedule is FSU.

That includes VT, UNC and Nebraska.

Of course, when you factor in coaching...

We don't have the depth of talent like an FSU has, but we definitely have the talent to win the Coastal and get to the game. I just want this team to look prepared and hungry come 09/01 and not let Louisville **** slap us

We have the talent to win the whole thing.

Problem is that to have a truly special year you need a couple breaks. Last year our season ended when Duke got hurt.
3 year's of NCAA turmoil and self imposed recruiting restrictions didn't allow us to recruit the talent to overcome Duke's or Morris' injury.
Good thing is that, despite the turmoil, we've recruited well enough to have a handful of recruiting gems in each class, so that now we finally have a team with talent throughout the 2 deep.

Another thing we all forget is chemistry.

FSU seems to be a train wreck right now. Bunch of talented but entitled prima donnas.
Just this week one of their best players was jack hammering people in no tackle drills, and even pushed a running back into The Rapist's knees.
Darby was kicked out of practice with Fisher berating him all the way to the locker room.

At Miami it's all about brotherhood, and at FSU it seems to be all about "me."

Training camp is the time when chemistry bonds are built, and we are doing that, while our rivals are fuucking up every week.

I'll predict it right now. FSU loses 2-3 games this year in the regular season, including getting curb stomped by The Canes.

Advertisement
Back