Do we have enough talent ?

Advertisement
More. The coaching part remains to be seen. Got my popcorn ready either way.

we are better than 100 in defense from last year..

we are better on offense than last year

this years schedule is harder than last year..

coaches that have improved..Coley 2nd year seems more fluid with play calling ( his style not jedds or Jimbos)...HIs

Hurley might be a upgrade at LB coach ( not talent but just coaching)...soon to find out, these kids will ball our for Barrow to show him its still his team..

Leadership is better on both sides..23 yr heap..Chick, denzel, duke all vocal..

stars that can make a difference..

Chad, Dallas, Owens, kaaya...young and scarey good

Advertisement
To make it to the ACCCG?...DEFINITELY! Had enough talent last year. Just **** the bed.

To beat FSU?...Odds are no. If we had David Cutcliffe/Bud Foster-like coaching, I'd say possibly.

We don't have the depth of talent like an FSU has, but we definitely have the talent to win the Coastal and get to the game. I just want this team to look prepared and hungry come 09/01 and not let Louisville ***** slap us

Advertisement
To make it to the ACCCG?...DEFINITELY! Had enough talent last year. Just **** the bed.

To beat FSU?...Odds are no. If we had David Cutcliffe/Bud Foster-like coaching, I'd say possibly.

we had talent but no depth..when Dorsett and Duke went down we were doomed..easy to see

coaches that have improved..Coley 2nd year seems more fluid with play calling ( his style not jedds or Jimbos)...HIs

Hurley might be a upgrade at LB coach ( not talent but just coaching)...soon to find out, these kids will ball our for Barrow to show him its still his team..

how do you know this? from reading other people's practice reports?

Coley has improved? in what game did you notice that?

we had talent but no depth..when Dorsett and Duke went down we were doomed..easy to see

Bingo, first level talent yes, depth is still a question mark. Miami wins at least one more game LY if Duke doesn't get hurt.
The FSU game was there for the taking, but the lack of experience, depth and some bad breaks killed them.
Louisville is a huge game IMO, a win sets the tone and provides confidence and momentum after what happened in the bowl game.

Advertisement

how do you know this? from reading other people's practice reports?

Coley has improved? in what game did you notice that?
I was assuming from the plays being shown using ..tight ends, rbs more involved..over the middle throws..not chuck and hope for luck..

should have stated IMO....my bad..

We have more talent than id say 10 teams on our schedule so we have enough to get there and while were not more talented than FSU I think we have enough to pull off an upset with some luck.

Advertisement
The fact that we're not red shirting freshman is an indicator of the talent level.

I think we have three weaknesses that will be exposed this season.

1. We still lack talent on the defensive side. DT position is not up to snuff. Defensive line and linebacker speed is still an issue. While we have some speed, not near enough to cover.

2. Much of our talent is still young. We've really upped our talent this year but we are going to be counting on true freshman to contribute - not the scenario you want. The fact that we're not red shirting these guys is all the proof you need that our talent is suspect.

3. QB talent is on the team but for various reasons, it's not going to translate on the field this year. While Heaps will probably end up as a serviceable QB, our real talent is either too inexperienced (Kaaya) or not right in the head (Olsen). Let's hope Kaaya is beyond his years or that Olsen does a 180 or that Heaps proves more than serviceable.

Last edited:

Bingo, first level talent yes, depth is still a question mark. Miami wins at least one more game LY if Duke doesn't get hurt.
The FSU game was there for the taking, but the lack of experience, depth and some bad breaks killed them.
Louisville is a huge game IMO, a win sets the tone and provides confidence and momentum after what happened in the bowl game.
If only Duke's run wouldn't have gotten called back tho...smh.

If only Duke's run wouldn't have gotten called back tho...smh.

I feel like that play defined our season. We were seemingly one play away every game from being terrible or great.

Advertisement
Back