Do we have any idea who Diaz is actually looking at for OC?

Heard he’s ravaging the bars in San Antonio and the oil fields if Texas in hopes of finding the next great assistant coach.

Advertisement
I think Manny is resisting a spread offense because he wants to protect his defense. A lot, if not most, spread teams seem to have bad defenses. An over-simplifation, sure, but we all joke the Big 12 can’t play defense. As a DC Manny believes in the old school idea of slow, methodical drives to rest his defense and keep the opposing offense off the field. Analytics prove this works, technically.

The modern game has changed, however, and hopefully Manny sees what Coach O did at LSU and realizes its that way or the highway.

The 4 teams in the playoffs have offenses ranking 1, 2, 3, and 5. Defense doesn’t matter anymore. You need to be able to function on that side of the ball to give yourself a chance but the offense is the single most important thing.

I have also been thinking he’s more worried about preserving his defensive stats and avoiding the spread or playing with pace on offense

Or is this board just throwing names around ? I would love to hear some actual names he is interested in or does no one know yet?
1577550523426.gif

U been a member too long to be asking these questions

Georgia would pay us to take Coley

Choosing Coley is equivalent to getting drunk at a Police Station and proceeding to drive my car, which is parked immediately in front of the Police station, after pounding 3 shots of bourbon.

Coley as a WR coach...absolutely

Diaz begged Mike Bobo to take the job and Bobo told him to go shiit in his hat.

The question is not who Manny is looking at, the question is what piece of shiit OC would come work for a lame duck 2nd year coach whose program just lost to FIU, Duke, and LA Tech.
Maybe a guy that wants to be the one that shows the college football community that he got the team out of the gutter.

Advertisement
No, nobody knows ****.

Don't worry though, names will continue to be thrown around with no connection besides a want based on one's personal preference.

Whenever he hires someone, people will then ***** how it wasn't their guy. They will say how we could have had them with no knowledge of anything between the school and said coach. They will talk about how we went cheap or overpaid. In the event it's a good hire, they will talk it down saying how it doesn't matter, Diaz sucks, etc. It never ends with some.

the only thing that never ends is the horrendous head coaches we hire, and the slurping fans who adore them.

Advertisement

The question is not who Manny is looking at, the question is what piece of shiit OC would come work for a lame duck 2nd year coach whose program just lost to FIU, Duke, and LA Tech.

This wouldn’t surprise me at all. Nobody with a pulse will come here while Diaz is HC.

Diaz likes to keep his terrible hires under wraps.

Remember no one heard the name Dan Penos until it was too late.
yep. We’ll hear some names. CIS will probably publish some sort of “we’re hearing apple white” proclamation and then we’ll land on a guy who is meh. If enos was the guy that shanny wanted all along, I can’t even begin to think who his “all along plan B” guy is.

The 4 teams in the playoffs have offenses ranking 1, 2, 3, and 5. Defense doesn’t matter anymore. You need to be able to function on that side of the ball to give yourself a chance but the offense is the single most important thing.

I have also been thinking he’s more worried about preserving his defensive stats and avoiding the spread or playing with pace on offense

Two teams in the playoffs are ranked 1 and 2 in defense. They are both important and to say one doesn’t matter anymore is ridiculous.

Idk about that... Mike Bobo got hired few weeks ago by South Carolina.

Advertisement

He’s fooled all the idiots on here into thinking he has a great defense by taking the air out of the ball on offense. Bytch *** runs the playclock down to 5 on every snap to protect his defensive stats.

Quite possible that we're working on the buyout right now of whoever is the OC at Incarnate Word. Dude just has to give his 2 weeks notice at Applebee's if things advance.

Advertisement
yep. We’ll hear some names. CIS will probably publish some sort of “we’re hearing apple white” proclamation and then we’ll land on a guy who is meh. If enos was the guy that shanny wanted all along, I can’t even begin to think who his “all along plan B” guy is.

You know how the Presser will play out: “Sister Mary Boniface was OC at Blessed Heart College but she’s been on my radar for some time....”

That may be Ferman spreading nonsense too. Any other outlets reporting that?

He’s fooled all the idiots on here into thinking he has a great defense by taking the air out of the ball on offense. Bytch *** runs the playclock down to 5 on every snap to protect his defensive stats.
This is one of the reasons why I am doubtful that he would ever hire an OC who runs an uptempo spread system. Manny wants a slow, run first to set up the pass offense despite the “modern, cutting edge” bone he threw the fans after he was hired. He literally said the spread is not “Miami’s brand” so color me skeptical that he suddenly had an epiphany. People will say “he’s desperate to save his job” but what they are forgetting is that Manny genuinely thinks he can win with a pro style offense because that’s the way Miami did it in the 80’s. And like you said, he wants to protect his defense with an offense that bleeds the clock.

Just like Golden went down with his passive read and react defense, Manny will go down with his pro style offense.

Advertisement
Back