Do we have any idea who Diaz is actually looking at for OC?

Al Golden had a different role yet he still went down trying to protect his defense.

The one thing, even if it was to his detriment, I respect about Golden was his loyalty to his best friend, Mark. That defense was his as much as it was Mark's and he wasn't going to scapegoat Mark on it. Very few people are friends like that this day, so in his case, I get it.

Advertisement
The one thing, even if it was to his detriment, I respect about Golden was his loyalty to his best friend, Mark. That defense was his as much as it was Mark's and he wasn't going to scapegoat Mark on it. Very few people are friends like that this day, so in his case, I get it.

Yeah....he just scapegoated everyone else including the offense to try cover for it...he would also sabotage the offense to try protect his defense. What a guy!!
Will manny by the same.....time will tell I suppose.
I see a lot of Al Golden in manny

Yeah....he just scapegoated everyone else including the offense to try cover for it...he would also sabotage the offense to try protect his defense. What a guy!!
Will manny by the same.....time will tell I suppose.
I see a lot of Al Golden in manny

It was certainly ugly, but Mark was his ride or die. To be frank though, those other guys canned deserved it, he just wasn't ever able to play the role completely like Al Pacino did in killing off Fredo.

What is frustrating about Golden -- and this is something Manny needs to realize -- is that he could've kept his putrid defense and still won big if he had just implemented a modern offense.

These dudes resistance to running an up-tempo offense is costing them their jobs. Your defense's stats (which I will again reiterate, in Manny's case, are overrated anyway) don't mean **** if you can't put points on the board. So what are you really protecting at the end of the day? Your defense is on the field just as much if your offense keeps punting and getting 3 and outs.

They also discount the energizing effect a dominant offense can have on a defense.

Advertisement
I can see a few didn't understand the point of my question . People are starting these threads talking about these names but literally anyone can throw out any name and it means nothing unless Manny is actually considering him. It blows my mind someone doesn't know the short list yet of who he is looking at as Manny knew he was getting rid of Enos well before the bowl game. Sorta a pointless thing to discuss IMO if we don't know actual people in the running . Like last year it was Enos v Fedora or Fedora v Applewhite and those made sense as those guys actually talked to Diaz . It wasn't **** just being thrown at a wall.

Of course Clemson, Ohio State, and LSU have 3 of the best DCs in the game of football. Oklahoma also has one of the best now. LSU was awful on defense this year despite having some of the best talent on that side of the ball in the country.

You have to score points to win games, then the recruiting will fall into place. Then, you load your defense up and you can be a playoff team.
LSU didn’t become a juggernaut until they upped their tempo opened up their offense and sacrificed some defensive stats. Their defenses were better statistically when they were losing 3 or 4 games per year and playing slow plodding football like we play.

LSU didn’t become a juggernaut until they upped their tempo opened up their offense and sacrificed some defensive stats. Their defenses were better statistically when they were losing 3 or 4 games per year and playing slow plodding football like we play.

Again, that's the way Manny likes it and what not. Chit, why do y'all think Manny said TWENTY-FIVE points was enough to win the ball game against Carolina Blue. It's too bad he hired a lame DC from mighty La. Tech.

So having realize this now. I don't expect Manny to hire some 21st Century OC anytime soon.

Advertisement
Back