Do we have a shot against FSU?

Advertisement
Hopefully, they will turn it over 9times. It could happen.

Go Canes!

1667233812793.png

Travis is what scares me we are not good at containing the QB on 3rd down. We have lapses when we can't tackle and Travis and Ward are both pretty elusive.
Travis, Ward and Wilson are dangerous. No one else is much of a threat on a game by game basis, but we'll probably allow some scrub on their team to shine.

Norvell does scheme it up pretty well for his RB's though. Even a jag like Toafili has a good ypc.

I hate to type that. But it looks pretty grim. Even if our D plays great, FSU can move the ball and score. Not likely to hold FSU to under 20. Based on what we saw Saturday, how do we get to 20 without cheap scores? Is it as grim as I think it is? Give me some hope. I am dreading Saturday.
Yes, we would have a better chance if TVD was playing.

Advertisement
Assume TVD is out. How do we do it? Give me some hope, folks!

We need to allow Garcia to roll out more, prevent the F$U DL from having a predictable point at which to pressure him. We need to take what the defense gives us in the passing game, lots of underneath crossing patterns. If Thad and Rooster are mentally checked out, we need to see if we can hit Parrish and Stanley on wheel routes.

We really need X and a couple of the dinged-up OLs to get health enough to be full-go for this game.

I assume FSU will put 7 in the box and take away the run game and force Garcia to pass. If that's the case, that offense we saw on Saturday gives me no hope of any passing attack. Just totally anemic.

I have been complaining about this week in, week out, but I would like to see Gattis take some deep shots. Maybe a WR makes a spectacular play or you get a PI call. I realize our OL has not been particularly stout and providing time for deep throws but, this same unit more or less gave TVD time to throw downfield last year. The lack of a deep passing game has been peculiar to me.

They’re not good. They’re competitive though. We look like a bottom 3 acc team. It’s a rivalry. We have a shot but we gotta play a bit above our heads if tvd is out

Advertisement
I hate to type that. But it looks pretty grim. Even if our D plays great, FSU can move the ball and score. Not likely to hold FSU to under 20. Based on what we saw Saturday, how do we get to 20 without cheap scores? Is it as grim as I think it is? Give me some hope. I am dreading Saturday.
Yes just get gattis a melention so he won't make it to the game

Advertisement
Advertisement
Interesting some of the parallels between the two teams the last few years

When Willy was there that was the bottom of their program. Norvell is a solid coach that walked into a nightmare

He’s done a solid job of righting the ship after a disastrous start

Kinda sounds familiar peeking into our immediate future

I would take our situation over theirs because of our overall investment, better recruiting etc but it will take a game like we had last year against them (by them this time) for us to win

TVD had the worst first half a QB could possibly have and we still shoulda won

We will need a lot to go our way, but it’s not a hopeless feeling. I don’t see is being below them for long

Just my opinion though

****, didn’t know we had so many vaginas in this thread. Usual suspects though, so not too surprised.

It’s a rivalry game. Anything can happen. You guys are talking like FSU is some sort of Top 25, good football team.

Tighten up your a$$holes and sack up, it’s a very winnable game as long as we don’t shoot ourselves in the foot. If Our defense plays like it did last week (and we were without Mesidor), we absolutely have a chance.

Advertisement
Back