Do the players respect the coaches?

Advertisement
The hill moment was simply a snapshot of what is really going on with this program. Zero respect for Manny among the players. I had to hit rewind and show my wife. NO successful coach would ever allow that garbage. I agree with the above that the players don't respect themselves either. Manny knew the night before when the game prep was a joke, that his team was in trouble. But he has no clue what to do or how to fix it. Even if he did, he does not have the balls to do it.

Sad to see us go from the talk of college football at the beginning of the year, to what we are now

Advertisement
You know how some people just have Presences when being around them that demands respect? Or like when you were young and you knew you could get away with stuff with mom but if dad seen you, would get your *** beat?

diaz doesn’t have that leader of men, i demand respect trait
Urban and Saban are two guys that come to mind. When they walk in a room, they demand respect. I dont feel that with Diaz. I dont think I've seen a televised game yet where they didnt mention Diaz getting his start as an espn intern. This resonates with the players.

Advertisement
Capture manny clinic.JPG

No they don't respect Manny Diaz.

I said this before they hired him. Miami is a unique place. South Florida produces athletes who have great speed and athleticism, but who have low IQ's and who are emotional divas.

It takes a very special kind of coach to be able to manage that. Diaz doesn't have it. Enos doesn't have it.

What we need is an ******* coach who can get these kids focused and motivated every single week. And we need to be running schemes that are SIMPLE and allow the kids to play fast without having to think or make decisions.

That's the key for Miami.

Diaz is never going to work out. You can give him whatever coordinators you want, it's never going to work.

Advertisement
Perhaps @DMoney can provide more detail, but didn't Jarren have a meltdown a couple weeks ago and pull some shlt that would've gotten him booted from most programs?

Mandy the hippie let him stay and further cemented himself as a cuck in his team's eyes.

He's a soft coach and his players don't fear or respect him.

The players run over him. They have zero respect for him.

It became clear to me during the UNC game. I saw it then and mentioned it on this board

We all look for others to blame when deep our hearts we aren't sure if we're good enough. Players blame coaches. The coaches blame players. If the 100 or so people most directly involved with this program do not go to the end of the Earth to improve THEMSELVES first we will continue to suck forever.

Advertisement
LOL, Hill was a cancer before He got here, why do some of y'all act like this latest incident is a revelation???
Hill was just praised repeatedly as one of the guys in recent weeks before the fiu game that spoke up when the pseudo turn around happened after ga tech, stop with that nonsense

You know how some people just have Presences when being around them that demands respect? Or like when you were young and you knew you could get away with stuff with mom but if dad seen you, would get your *** beat?

diaz doesn’t have that leader of men, i demand respect trait
Its less a fear thing so much as a charisma thing. Ive been around leaders I feared that everyone hated, so they got terrible results. Ive been around leaders that were super friendly and nice that everyone loved and kicked @ss for. Its all in the leadership and attention to detail.

Hard to say without speaking to the players directly. I will say this; players know when their coaches are incompetent clowns. And if our players think our coaches are as bad as we as fans do, then I'll say there's no respect for the coaches. It's pretty easy to tune out a coach who doesn't know what he's doing and I could see that happening with our team.

Advertisement
Back