Do the players respect the coaches?

LoungeLord

Junior
I keep hearing all sorts of kumbaya coming from Manny or Hecht, but the results say they don't. Does he really have an authoritative position with them, or just "I'm a good guy" position? I don't think he puts the fear of God, or of any authority in them.

Or are the players just so brain dead it doesn't really matter one way or another?

Advertisement
You know how some people just have Presences when being around them that demands respect? Or like when you were young and you knew you could get away with stuff with mom but if dad seen you, would get your *** beat?

diaz doesn’t have that leader of men, i demand respect trait

Sure doesn't appear they do. He's an awkward dork with a widow's peak and a lisp, 150 pounds soaking wet and has never played a second of contact sports. Why would a bunch of mostly inner city 18-21 year old kids respect and fear him?

I think they "like" him, he's akin to the nice easy going uncle who gives you a new flashy gift every Christmas (chains, rings, dancing etc). But there's nothing about him that commands respect or accountability.

Advertisement
I keep hearing all sorts of kumbaya coming from Manny or Hecht, but the results say they don't. Does he really have an authoritative position with them, or just "I'm a good guy" position? I don't think he puts the fear of God, or of any authority in them.

Or are the players just so brain dead it doesn't really matter one way or another?
Your second good post. What happen, you get laid ? To answer your question, No. They couldn't possibly when they having a dancing with the stars vibe going on while getting their hats handed to them.

why would they respect a guy that was about to be Temple’s coach? that was here for three years of continued mediocrity? that NEVER PLAYED football? of course they dont respect him they know he has no business being here.

Advertisement
Care to elaborate? I was at the game and I can't stomach going back to watch the TV broadcast.
Hill caught a personal foul penalty. He comes off the field and manny is trying to talk to him and he’s walking away from him and manny has to walk him down 😂😂😂. I’m sure Hill emotions was high but that spoke a lot to me. Ain’t no player doing that to Saban or Dabo or any respected coach for that matter. Especially one that gave you another lifeline.

Hill caught a personal foul penalty. He comes off the field and manny is trying to talk to him and he’s walking away from him and manny has to walk him down 😂😂😂. I’m sure Hill emotions was high but that spoke a lot to me. Ain’t no player doing that to Saban or Dabo or any respected coach for that matter. Especially one that gave you another lifeline.
****, I wish there was a gif of that!

Advertisement
Sure doesn't appear they do. He's an awkward dork with a widow's peak and a lisp, 150 pounds soaking wet and has never played a second of contact sports. Why would a bunch of mostly inner city 18-21 year old kids respect and fear him?

I think they "like" him, he's akin to the nice easy going uncle who gives you a new flashy gift every Christmas (chains, rings, dancing etc). But there's nothing about him that commands respect or accountability.
That's what you think? You think they don't respect him because of his appearance? Stop and think about how stupid that is for a second.

Advertisement

You think he would've done that with Bud Foster? Hellllllllllll no.

You think he would've done that with Bud Foster? Hellllllllllll no.

yeah, but foster would be too plastered to know the kid's name. and hill probably would have fainted from the smell of jack daniels, so it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

No, I don't think the players respect him at all. I also think, sadly, kids who have an inherent respect of authority and their superiors are in large part a dying breed as well. ****, some imbesol on here posted around the time JT4 quit that maybe the coaching staff (CMR at the time, obviously) "hadn't earned Jeff's respect". Chew on that for a minute.

No, he doesn't have their respect. In another thread Manny was talking about how some guys were lackadaisical and joking around during the week. If so, it is Mannys job to put an end to that crap! Not just sit there and let them think this is how you prepare.
Agreed. Asked the guys who played for them what Howard or JJ would do if anybody even thought about half-azzing something. They all said the same thing, the games were the easiest part of their week. JJ use to say that a kid's scholly was a one-year renewable. I get the impression that the kids knew who was in charge. Dancing on the sidelines down to FIU? lol. Those former players that made this program must be in intensive care after watching that fiasco. As I have said, this program is becoming, or has become, a caricature of it's former self with all the antics, lack of "seriousness", ****** coaching and all the rest from the top down. We are the Potemkin Village Hurricanes now.

We went back to the site of the Orange Bowl, and, interestingly, the guy with a REAL understanding of what it means to be a Hurricane, with a REAL connection to the past because he was involved in creating it, who was defensive coordinator (and a really good one) under JJ and went on to create, arguably the most talented roster in the history of UM, took his 3 touchdown underdog team, with lesser "talent" and won, because they wanted it more, they must've been paying attention to their coaches. He then proceeded to make an *** out of himself, disrespecting the game itself by his own cartoonish antics of ordering the flops, so f@ck him, but even that didn't matter to Miami, because they didn't do a whole lot about it. Christ.

Advertisement
Back