Do the players respect the coaches?

The University of Miami is 6-5 that includes the players. That personal foul was on a 3rd down stop that let FIU bleed more clock. Correct me if I'm wrong, I believe FIU scored on that drive.

I get that ya'll are beyond fuming and want Manny's head for the latest embarrassing effort but I'm never going to say it's okay for a player to hurt the team and then have an attitude about being corrected. Especially when said player was dismissed from another university and Diaz threw him a lifeline.

Advertisement
This is "the disease" in my opinion.

I once heard someone say "Attila never ate with the Huns". In other words, a true leader should never cross that line. He shouldn't engage in certain activities because he should never be perceived to be at their same level. He's an authority figure and must maintain that respect and even fear.

Diaz is most definitely not that. I remember seeing all the IG videos over the summer from players. He's dancing in the locker room with them, playing whiffle ball games with them, joking around. You can't have that. They'll never truly respect and fear him. Can you imagine Saban doing any of that?

When Manny said he had to stop practice (this after another loss) b/c the kids were just packing it in, and his punishment was running a 1 minute scrimmage............................

Yeah, that's all you need to know.

Advertisement
It appears to me this staff is soft, soft, soft, soft....Diaz is a "player's coach". Does anyone ever get their *** benched after a mistake. This Trevon His is a complete and utter *******, and it looks like he would have to murder a Diaz family member to get benched for his penalties (just one example).

Diaz is more content with finding good "encouragers, dancers, and team cheerleaders" than killers who want to knock someone's teeth in out there. It's a f***in joke. Coddle, coddle, coddle, build our brand, build a brand= Nah, whoop someone's ***, worry about that brand **** later

I keep hearing all sorts of kumbaya coming from Manny or Hecht, but the results say they don't. Does he really have an authoritative position with them, or just "I'm a good guy" position? I don't think he puts the fear of God, or of any authority in them.

Or are the players just so brain dead it doesn't really matter one way or another?

They don’t respect the coaches and they don’t respect themselves either. If they at least have respect for themselves, they would push themselves and each other to perform. In other words, I don’t have to care about my boss to perform at my job, if I have respect for myself and my obligation to myself and family.

On the 30 for 30 Rhomberg mentioned that not only where the players afraid of Butch but also all the assistant coaches :

Most successful coaches have that factor. We've been running a day care for 15 yrs now. No one was afraid of Clappy, Shannon, Golden, Richt, and now Wanny.

Its less a fear thing so much as a charisma thing. Ive been around leaders I feared that everyone hated, so they got terrible results. Ive been around leaders that were super friendly and nice that everyone loved and kicked @ss for. Its all in the leadership and attention to detail.

Correct..kids will tune you out if you don't know what TF you're talking about regardless of how you lead.

Advertisement
I remember seeing all the IG videos over the summer from players. He's dancing in the locker room with them, playing whiffle ball games with them, joking around. You can't have that.

Have you shared your insight about this with Dabo?

.... Miami is a unique place. South Florida produces athletes who have great speed and athleticism, but who have low IQ's and who are emotional divas.

That's quite a statement. Do you believe this strongly? And IF it's true, it sounds like it's THE issue that people should be discussing rather than just spewing impulsive hate at Diaz or whoever the next coach to come through the revolving door is. Because it doesn't sound like the kind of thing that is going to get solved quickly.

What we need is an ******* coach who can get these kids focused and motivated every single week.

Which brings me to this ^^. Does this kind of ******* coach exist? One who will actually come to UM and is also smart enough to put together a cutting edge staff and recruit well while still being an ******* in front of the people he needs to convince to come play at UM? Will that work? And if he does exist, and will sign on to right the ship at the U, how long is it going to take the fans to get to the point that they are right now in LESS THAN A YEAR with Manny? Because if a coach comes in and goes full ******* with these guys, I see that first season getting really ugly.

Advertisement
Dabo demands respect due to his accomplishments and track record of success.

When he was hired as head coach at Clemson his "track record" was a wide receivers coach. But he's always been the same personality with his teams. Fact is he does the same things you think are so terrible. Not saying Manny is Dabo, but examples like that are not in themselves indicative of anything. Coaches have very different approaches with interacting with the team personally. Pete Carroll, Saban, Swinney.... very different, but they all are elite.

You know how some people just have Presences when being around them that demands respect? Or like when you were young and you knew you could get away with stuff with mom but if dad seen you, would get your *** beat?

diaz doesn’t have that leader of men, i demand respect trait

Would you respect coaches on a team that haven’t proven anything worth believing?

Two guys from Central Michigan or Air Force start telling how you should be going things

No, he doesn't have their respect. In another thread Manny was talking about how some guys were lackadaisical and joking around during the week. If so, it is Mannys job to put an end to that crap! Not just sit there and let them think this is how you prepare.
I guess he was trying to pray those worries away.

Advertisement
Sure doesn't appear they do. He's an awkward dork with a widow's peak and a lisp, 150 pounds soaking wet and has never played a second of contact sports. Why would a bunch of mostly inner city 18-21 year old kids respect and fear him?

I think they "like" him, he's akin to the nice easy going uncle who gives you a new flashy gift every Christmas (chains, rings, dancing etc). But there's nothing about him that commands respect or accountability.
Diaz played 3 sports (football, baseball, basketball) at Miami Country Day.

Granted yes, it's not STA but he did play some sports in HS.

Problem today is these coaches are so young that they seemed to be trying to be their buddies in lieu of being their coaches and holding them accountable . When Enos blasted Williams earlier in the season, everybody seem to have coronaries.

Manny is an out and out fraud. He ******* about attitude but he brought back Jeff Thomas and brought in Hill. Both are cancers. Only a tough character can deal with guys like them. Manny ain’t the one.

Advertisement
Back