Do the Canes Need a True Offensive Coordinator?

Advertisement
To answer the original question....

...Maybe.

I have been saying since day one that I personally want to see what Richt can do with 4 years of his hand selected talent.
After 4 recruiting classes we will get a better idea of what his vision is for the offense and his philosophy.

If after 4 recruiting classes we don't see much improvement maybe I can entertain the idea of a OC but until then I will be just observing how things progress.
Richt in my opinion has earned the right to do things his way.

Context is important in life. Learn to use it.
-In year 3 Peterson did get Washington to the playoffs (even if Oregon, USC, and Stanford were down that’s great). However in year two he was 7-6. Richt is still ahead after two years.
-Kirby took over a 10 win UGA team and led them to the playoffs with 33 seniors. (Miami had 12 this year)
-Saban already had a championship when he got to Bama so a better look would be his time at LSU. It was his 5th season when they won he championships (ironically how long it takes to get all of “your guys”) and in his third year at LSU he was 8-5

See how context just demolishes the argument that the Canes should be winning championships just two years after Al Golden.

Who was Washington’s coach before Peterson and wasn’t he fired for being on drugs? I would put that on the same level with Al Golden. You could make the argument that The ACC was down this year with the exception of Clemson. You are making excuses they are on a 3 game losing streak the Notre Dame win seems like light years away.

I am turning the page for the last 2 years my point is there are no excuses this year. Zero!

Who was Washington’s coach before Peterson and wasn’t he fired for being on drugs? I would put that on the same level with Al Golden. You could make the argument that The ACC was down this year with the exception of Clemson. You are making excuses they are on a 3 game losing streak the Notre Dame win seems like light years away.

I am turning the page for the last 2 years my point is there are no excuses this year. Zero!

We get your point, but there seems to be a presumption against that is accompanying your point

Advertisement
Bingo.

I'm constantly amazed by people who seem to think that a team that cannot properly execute a simple dive play is going to fare any better with guys running all over the place in pre-snap motion and a fly-motion jet sweep. Half the time our pulling guards block NOBODY. Let's master the basics of the inside power before we try to get cute.
Retweet

No it does not. I remember it distinctly because it was 6 months ago.

What seems like light years away was anything even as good as that ND game, before the ND game.

No it does not. I remember it distinctly because it was 6 months ago.

What seems like light years away was anything even as good as that ND game, before the ND game.

They lost to a true freshman Pitt QB with everything on the line and then gave up 72 points the next 2 games. 18 points of that they gave up to another true freshman WR.

Again I am moving on from last year and last year isn’t the point. All I am saying is they get no more passes from me.

Rick had an opportunity this off season to make changes to the staff and he chose to stay put. It looks like Rosier is starting again and although I like Malik personally he isn’t the answer under center.

Again Peterson in year 3, has a regular season record of 11-0 then plays Colorado. That’s not too different than Richt is year 2 (Peterson was 7-6 in year 2) being 10-1 in the regular season, except Richt had to face Clemson

Advertisement
We get your point, but there seems to be a presumption against that is accompanying your point

The presumption for me at least is that some people on here believe we should give Rick a pass for 4 years. I don’t understand that arbitrary number. We should expect the best year in and out. Now I am very happy Rick was hired and is here. I don’t like some of his assistants but we will find out soon enough if they were good hires or not.

The presumption for me at least is that some people on here believe we should give Rick a pass for 4 years. I don’t understand that arbitrary number. We should expect the best year in and out. Now I am very happy Rick was hired and is here. I don’t like some of his assistants but we will find out soon enough if they were good hires or not.

Ok fair enough. I guess my response is, why care so much how other fans want to approach it?

Again Peterson in year 3, has a regular season record of 11-0 then plays Colorado. That’s not too different than Richt is year 2 (Peterson was 7-6 in year 2) being 10-1 in the regular season, except Richt had to face Clemson

They lost to unranked Pitt with a true freshman QB that was atrocious with so much on the line. Peterson got hammered by Bama quite a bit of difference here.

Ok fair enough. I guess my response is, why care so much how other fans want to approach it?

This is forum which we comment and ask questions. I asked the question why do people on here want to give Rick another year? He isn’t getting fired even if they tank so this isn’t about emotions rather logic. I don’t care what they think just want to know the reasons for their patience.

It’s a simple question of why should anyone give Rick more time.

Advertisement
Jedd Fisch. With talent U M has his play calling alone would've put us in the playoffs. Look at how he developed Stephen Morris in the one year he worked with him. Also don't forget he was at UCLA this past year and see how that QB situation turned out. I'm all in on this dude

Hallelujah! I was becoming nervous thinking the weekly ‘We need, or do we need, an offensive coordinator” thread was going to miss its deadline.

It is important that this manufactured issue is constantly brought up, because without it one might forget the countless reasons, for or against, that have been repeated more than a stutterer on crack explaining he’s not on drugs.

As has been my customary habit; once the offensive line is fixed Coach Richt will become a play calling genius, Rosier a much better quarterback, the offense a juggernaut and certain posters having to invent something new to complain about.

Advertisement
Hallelujah! I was becoming nervous thinking the weekly ‘We need, or do we need, an offensive coordinator” thread was going to miss its deadline.

It is important that this manufactured issue is constantly brought up, because without it one might forget the countless reasons, for or against, that have been repeated more than a stutterer on crack explaining he’s not on drugs.

As has been my customary habit; once the offensive line is fixed Coach Richt will become a play calling genius, Rosier a much better quarterback, the offense a juggernaut and certain posters having to invent something new to complain about.

I'm already on it.

I'm already on it.

I'm sure you are...go get'em champ! Not trying to tell a professional how to do his business, but about the only area that has not been attacked is hairstyles, at least not to the point of calling for firings, benchings and/or throwing the offender(s) off the team. Nor have I read where the usual suspects are calling for an assistant hairstylist. This needs to be remedied...NOW!

Advertisement
Back