DO Not Renew Your Tickets

Advertisement
Advertisement
Like the Dolphins, the Canes have become an average team at best year after year for the last two decades or so. Finally, after 17 years, the owner of the Dolphins said enough and decided to tank for the 2019 season giving hope to a once proud fanbase. A future. A vision. The 7-9, 8-8 seasons were not enough and the fans dwindled season after season to the point that two years ago, the Dolphins had the lowest season ticket total in their history. Today, the Dolphins stink but have that Hope. That's what the fans cling to. Tanking for Tua, Herbert, Burrow or Fromm. All the draft picks and money under the cap. At least there's something.

To the Canes family, what Is our Hope? What can we look to? We have an Admin that historically doesn't hold the football program at the highest level of accountability, One Coastal Win in their ACC history to show. The Head Coaches hired have been mediocre, lacking experience as most have been either an OC or DC promoted, and the inability to put together a proper staff year after year. The local recruits punk Miami. The recruits that do come spend more time on social media wondering what friends and family think rather than putting forth the time and effort to learn the playbook and give their "ALL" on the football field. The Miami Football Program is at the crossroads. Yet another season up in flames. Appears that coaches are over their heads. Players are transferring using the same strategy that their now former HC utilized to mask deficiencies this past offseason. Oh, the irony!

I say like the Dolphins, blow this up! The BOT and President need to fire Blake James. Next step is hire a well qualified, proven and experienced AD that has won. Someone that has contacts and can put together a tremendous staff. An AD that can come in and hold everyone accountable. This is the complete opposite of who James is and his qualifications. Yeah, look him up. Dude was in charge of ticket sales for UM in 1995. Somehow Maine hires him as AD for five years, and how fortunate we are that good ole' Kirby Hocutt decides to hire the clown James back in 2010 as Associate AD rising to AD by 2013 as Eichorst quit and ran as fast as he could out of the 305.

So we can blame all the non-qualified coaches, but quite frankly if you were in the shoes of a Coker, Shannon, Golden or Diaz, would you pass up the opportunity? HELLZ No! I don't blame them one bit as I'd be chomping at the bit! No, the blame is on the AD, BOT and President.

To borrow from "Friday": "there's principalities in this ****". Do not go to games. Regardless of what you think/don't think about revenue and admin priorities. You attending and putting your *** on a seat has meaning and value.

This is classic game theory/prisoner's dilemma: Do I attend a game because I can maximize my current utility at the likely cost of a worse team in the future by my promoting the ****** product on the field?

Ethnic Sands thinks he has it all figured out. He may very well not.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back