Do not be surprised if

I'm gonna say it right now.

Lol at anyone who thinks we keep Bruce without Scarlett.

Those two are DEAD SET on playing together in college.

Geo,
Im not calling you out for this specific example, I know you do your homework. But over the past 15 years or so I can recall about a dozen times when two elite kids said they were dead set on playing together and not once do I recall it happening. Scarlett is a 2015 kid, Bruce is a 2016 kid. A lot can happen in a year.

Advertisement

Probably. But if Scarlett picks UF, going to UF as a WR is career suicide.

uf has had the most wr drafted or playing in the nfl since 2008 (i forget which one but espn did something on each position recently. Actually lsu might have passed us after the last draft)

but ya...career suicide.

however, if muschamp were still here I would agree that any player on offense coming here would be college career suicide.

Hard to say the new coach would be career suicide when you consider he has had successful offenses every where he has been. Including he just had a WR at colorado state lead the entire nation in receiving. I dont think that wr would agree with you about career suicide.

the funny thing is that you say i live in fantasy land, yet the things I said that prompted your statement are becoming true (i wasn't even optimistic about those things happening). You're a good dude and you like to portray yourself as a pretty level headed observer, often you are, but your hatred blinds you and makes you say some pretty silly **** sometimes.

Last edited:

Geo,
Im not calling you out for this specific example, I know you do your homework. But over the past 15 years or so I can recall about a dozen times when two elite kids said they were dead set on playing together and not once do I recall it happening. Scarlett is a 2015 kid, Bruce is a 2016 kid. A lot can happen in a year.

Devante Phillips & Dalvin Cook

Dalvin Cook & Ermon Lane

Jahlil Okafor & Tyus Jones (basketball)

Ridley & SBB

Consider your memory refreshed.

uf has had the most wr drafted or playing in the nfl since 2008 (i forget which one but espn did something on each position recently. Actually lsu might have passed us after the last draft)

but ya...career suicide.

however, if muschamp were still here I would agree that any player on offense coming here would be college career suicide.

Hard to say the new coach would be career suicide when you consider he has had successful offenses every where he has been. Including he just had a WR at colorado state lead the entire nation in receiving. I dont think that wr would agree with you about career suicide.

the funny thing is that you say i live in fantasy land, yet the things I said that prompted your statement are becoming true (i wasn't even optimistic about those things happening). You're a good dude and you like to portray yourself as a pretty level headed observer, often you are, but your hatred blinds you and makes you say some pretty silly **** sometimes.

The only ones I can recall is Louis Murphy (is he still in the league) and Percy Harvin.

but ya...career suicide.

The only ones I can recall is Louis Murphy (is he still in the league) and Percy Harvin.

By9vUa-IEAEks-S.jpg

Advertisement

but ya...career suicide.

Don't forget about Aaron Hernan.... oh wait... never mind.

and doesn't even have all the uf guys, like you said Louis murphy is another. And yes he started on the bucs last season.

are these guys great? no but i never said they were. I was only pointing out that diego's "career suicide" claim is baseless.

If muschamp were still here I would agree it would be college career suicide. Not necessarily nfl career suicide because if you are good enough the NFL will find you. He isn't here any longer.

unless of course diego was making the retarded claim that uf never produces great WR, but I like to think he is smarter than to make a claim that a jersey makes people predisposed to being good or bad at certain positions. It boils down to the coaches, not the jersey/school.

McElwain just had a wr at ******* colorado state lead the nation in receiving, so can't really make the argument that he doesn't use WR's either.

Last edited:
Dexter Williams will be better than Jordan Scarlett.

Dexter Williams is VERY INJURY PRONE and that was just in high school, what do you think will happen in college.

He has had 2 major foot injuries in less than 9 months (he injured his ankle during his spring game)
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-recruiting/blog/os-miami-commit-dexter-williams-eliminates-gators-20140807-post.html

During his senior year he broke his foot before his playoff game.
http://www.stateoftheu.com/2014/11/25/7275345/miami-hurricanes-recruiting-jordan-scarlett-dexter-williams-rasheem-green-john-houston-2015

So I am cautiously optimistic about Williams future in regards to staying healthy. UM really needs to hold on to Scarlett.

Go Canes

Edgerrin James was injury prone in HS. I don't think he had as many injuries in college or the pros. You never know.

but ya...career suicide.

Don't forget about Aaron Hernan.... oh wait... never mind.

Maybe he'll be back...has he been tried and sentenced yet?

Advertisement

but ya...career suicide.

By9vUa-IEAEks-S.jpg

What year is that from? Pretty sure Miami has 3 tackles in league (Fox, Winston & Henderson off the top of my head). Also, Miami's WRs missing Hankerson

It shows Hurns so it has to be from this past year.

Regardless Im sure Bruce thinks he can ball anywhere. Agreed with SF though one year is a long long time. But at the end of the day I think we lose out on Bruce and a good chunk of 2016 kids unless we hire a new coach. It's a slow death with this staff during recruiting and there's a ton of guys just securing spots waiting to see if we turn it around on the field. We won't. So we won't land many of them.

Geo,

Geo is cool but I fine it a little hard to take him seriously after the Golden debacle.

Advertisement
Louis Murphy is my dude but those other Gator WRs are scrubs. smh @ this delusional Gator homer on his way to 20 000 posts on a Cane board..

I can already imagine the Joker 'shooping some asinine graphic to sell recruits..."Hey WR recruits come to UF so you can catch 5 balls in the NFL like Frankie Hammond, David Nelson, Deonte Thompson and Solomon Patton! Maybe if you're lucky you'll develop into a blocking machine like Riley Cooper! Come be a JAG at WR U with the Joker!!!"

Advertisement
McElwain just had a wr at ****ing colorado state lead the nation in receiving, so can't really make the argument that he doesn't use WR's either.

I do think the premise of what he is saying is flawed. McElwain uses his WR... a lot.

I bet Coley & Dorsett combined wouldn't have under 60 total catches. More like 160.

You are comparing the likes of David Nelson to a guy like Reggie Wayne. There are at least 3 Hall of Fame players on Miami's list... and Santana Moss (not a HOF'er) would be the best player on UF's list.

proxy.php

Santana Moss and Reggie Wayne played at UM more than a decade ago under a different staff, a different scheme, and a different program in every possible way. What does that have to do with each school's current situation? Unless you're arguing that a receiver recruit should go to Miami and play for Golden now because a stud receiver came from the school a decade ago, which is pretty **** stupid.

I will be surprised if Williams doesn't go to ND, but respectively we get Walton who will get a significantly amount of PT

Santana Moss and Reggie Wayne played at UM more than a decade ago under a different staff, a different scheme, and a different program in every possible way. What does that have to do with each school's current situation? Unless you're arguing that a receiver recruit should go to Miami and play for Golden now because a stud receiver came from the school a decade ago, which is pretty **** stupid.

Bubba Caldwell played at UF close to a decade ago under a different staff, scheme & program in every possible way. What does that have to do with each school's current situation? Unless you're arguing that a receiver recruit should go to UF and play for McElwain now because a stud receiver came from the school a decade ago, which is pretty **** stupid.

Advertisement
Back