DMoneys's 🔮 Cam Ward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
we were all fooled. his R FR season he certainly looked like the tools were there
Todd McShays of the world eagerly touted him & understandably so. Threw a nice ball and looked the part, but in time it’s obvious he lacks the ability to move and athleticism elite QBs need to play in today’s NFL.

My ******* stupid wife keeps nagging me about going out for new years and I’m trying to explain to her that this announcement could come any minute
Shannon Sharpe Wow GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement
Defensive coordinators adapted to TVD's playing style following his freshman year, they restricted his ability to throw the long ball. TVD never countered those adjustments

and he never learned to read defenses. Lashlee’s offense was a predetermined 1-2 read offense and if wasn’t there Lashlee audibled from the sideline.

Taco Bell is awful. Im in AZ. We have real taco places out here…….not some grade D meat, Americanized horse ****, fast food joint. Enjoyed some Taco Chilango a few hours ago. That place is good!
I mean they do have Taco Bell's in Arizona.... And Florida does have Legit Taco places as well... Maybe not "Arizona" level but they're pretty dang good...

Advertisement
Lashlee sent guys deep and let TVD throw the ball if they were open. Gattis didn't do it at all and Dawson said only throw the ball to guys outside of the hash marks to avoid ints. TVD rightfully said this system is not for me and booked it. Because defenses started only defending outside the hashmarks because without a tight end in the middle of the field he had no check off in the middle of the field.

I hear ya dude... I used to love Taco Bell but I gave it up too.... I make my own at home now.... Find vids on youtube and follow along....Made some pretty cool stuff...
Right on man. Ill do that. YouTube is the best! Tacos, car repair, music, sports, big fan!

Advertisement
Lashlee sent guys deep and let TVD throw the ball if they were open. Gattis didn't do it at all and Dawson said only throw the ball to guys outside of the hash marks to avoid ints. TVD rightfully said this system is not for me and booked it. Because defenses started only defending outside the hashmarks because without a tight end in the middle of the field he had no check off in the middle of the field.
The deep ball has always been an option, but QBs are thought to not throw deep against heavy coverages like cover 2/3/quarters. DCs, starting with Southern Miss in 2022, took away TVD's deep ball by constantly giving him those looks. A skilled QB will counter this by crushing the short to intermediate passes, gradually forcing the defense to creep up, and open those deep throw opportunities. TVD, so far, has proven he's incapable of doing that

Advertisement
When TVD was a great QB who could he depend on when the deep ball wasn't open? Mallory across the middle. We didn't send anyone, TEs or RBs across the middle the last two years. Instead the check down was supposed to be TVD pivoting his whole body from down field to a side line guy. That just isn't a normal thing for a QB to do from a physical point of view.

We’ll see. TVD will have a real OC/QB coach this season.
He'll also have to face Alabama, Penn St, Iowa, and Oregon.

He's never faced a defense as good as those. Maybe if you include the 2021 Bama defense but he didn't start vs them.

I'm not an NFL guru by any means, but this guy's name isn't being spoken about as a top QB prosepct. I'm a Bears fan and know pretty well who the top QB's are and no one's talking about this kid.

Now, stay one more year, and compete with Carson Beck as the top pick in 2025? That makes sense.

Just me 2 cents. Tifwiw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back