DMoney - Thoughts/prediction on QB race

MizCane

Senior
Would like to get your thoughts on what you see happening based on what you have seen. If you have already addressed please disregard and or direct me to that thread.

Thanks,

Advertisement
Too early. Haven't seen Perry or Weldon yet.

Based on what I've seen, I don't consider Rosier anything more than an early-season stopgap. But to be fair, all of our backups have been hurt by the lack of depth at OL and WR. Looking forward to seeing how they perform with the first team.

I guess that does make sense. Lets say Allison hasnt had that great of a year with the scout team, that doesn't necessarily mean he isnt good if he doesn't have anyone to throw to or have protection.

Does Allison have the vocal leadership trait and or personality? Seems Kaaya really lacked in that area.

Does Allison have the vocal leadership trait and or personality? Seems Kaaya really lacked in that area.

From what I've heard, the kids like him personally and respect his talent. Stan Dobard singled him out on the podcast.

The key for Allison is taking it to the next level as a student of the game.

From what I've heard, the kids like him personally and respect his talent. Stan Dobard singled him out on the podcast.

If Allison is the real deal, then he needs to unequivocally play better than Weldon, Sheriffs, and Rosier in the Spring. If he struggles to separate himself, then consider me worried about his potential.

Advertisement
Too early. Haven't seen Perry or Weldon yet.

Based on what I've seen, I don't consider Rosier anything more than an early-season stopgap. But to be fair, all of our backups have been hurt by the lack of depth at OL and WR. Looking forward to seeing how they perform with the first team.

How dare you not have a hot take?! Way too measured a response. Lacked the requisite crowning of Perry as Michael Vick with a Tom Brady arm or burying him as bum that'll be shown up by Weldon at their first practice together. Tighten up your opinion game, son.

If Allison is the real deal, then he needs to unequivocally play better than Weldon, Sheriffs, and Rosier in the Spring. If he struggles to separate himself, then consider me worried about his potential.

I agree with this.

Given the tenure of Rosier, the lack of pedigree for Shirreffs, and the experience of Weldon, if Allison can't separate himself from this pack, it's likely a knock on his potential.

But I will say ... I think Richt was intentional about red-shirting Allison. I think he knew the kid wasn't physically ready to play at the level needed, and I think he knew Rosier would be the most "game ready" if we had to use someone other than Kaaya during the season.

I expect Allison to make some big physical improvements before the spring.

IMO, if a QB has the arm and this is important, accuracy, then he just needs that intangible asset of being ****y. WR's and OLinemen love playing with a guy they believe in, for WR's can make all the throws and OLinemen can make a play when protection inevitably breaks down.

Good to know.

It was speculated that alot of the team didnt like Kaaya. Do you have any insight?

Advertisement

Good to know.

It was speculated that alot of the team didnt like Kaaya. Do you have any insight?
No insight but could be a reason why he left as junior.

Rosier starts week 1 unless Weldon or Perry come to play.

Allison needs another year of confidence building.

Good to know.

Speculated by you lol. I love when someone tries to pass off an assumption as a fact

Advertisement

Good to know.

Speculated by you lol. I love when someone tries to pass off an assumption as a fact

trump heard that the players didn't like him. Lots of people are saying that.

Good to know.

His comment is fair, but I think he might be mixing things up a bit. I believe the rumors were that many players did not like that Kaaya was picked as the QB when he was a freshman; I think they believed that they had a better chance winning with Williams or Heap (after he was able to come back). I don't know if that is true, but I have seen that from someone I trust.

Edit: And I should have included this originally... I had not heard that they had a problem since, just that at the time they were not happy.

Last edited:
Advertisement

This seems like the biggest thing he should of learned being a backup to Kaaya. It's clear he has the physical talent to run away from lineman and make any throw on the field, it's reading a defense that is something he needs to learn and Kaaya is probably the perfect person to learn from.

I'm in the southwest section so I saw many of Allison's games at Palmetto, and also the high school all star game. Not a bad prospect. He reminded me of Kyle Vanderwende, if anyone remembers the "other guy" in that photo with Kelly, Testaverde and Kosar. Maybe some Scott Covington in there also.

Good but not great arm. Nice catchable ball. Stands in under pressure. But I always felt he lacked urgency.

Somebody who is perfectly fine if aspirations aren't overly high, and the program is looking for stability. I think Allison could be a great lower tier college quarterback, and rack up numbers like the Dolphins third stringer Brandon Doughty.

Richt has higher aspirations, and that's why he's apparently not overly thrilled with Allison. I'll be surprised if he's the starter, or remains the starter.

If Rosier starts we are done for. I want Allison, Perry or Weldon to start and be the QB the next 2-4 years instead of us starting all over again next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back