DMoney - Thoughts/prediction on QB race

Advertisement
I'm in the southwest section so I saw many of Allison's games at Palmetto, and also the high school all star game. Not a bad prospect. He reminded me of Kyle Vanderwende, if anyone remembers the "other guy" in that photo with Kelly, Testaverde and Kosar. Maybe some Scott Covington in there also.

Good but not great arm. Nice catchable ball. Stands in under pressure. But I always felt he lacked urgency.

Somebody who is perfectly fine if aspirations aren't overly high, and the program is looking for stability. I think Allison could be a great lower tier college quarterback, and rack up numbers like the Dolphins third stringer Brandon Doughty.

Richt has higher aspirations, and that's why he's apparently not overly thrilled with Allison. I'll be surprised if he's the starter, or remains the starter.

And Richt. You kind of forgot the most relevant "other" guy in that photo.

Pete predicted Perry will be da game one starter; DMoney wisely says it's too early to predict. Listen up, dis is how it gonna go: da **** still gonna be muddled after Spring game. Ain't none of these suckers gonna separate themselves enough in da Spring to give clarity to da situation. Perry gonna come in May and there will thread after thread about who will/should start. Richt will pick a GuY with about 2 weeks to go before game one and get second guessed by half da posters all season long.

The over under on how many different QBs will start games for Miami next season is 2.5.

Won't be a bit surprised if a starter isn't solidified by the opening game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny - the board seems to be realizing that Brad leaving is a problem ..... Allison and Rosier's are JAG's

Advertisement
I would not be surprised if we go with a graduate transfer (I.e. Allen or Browne) to give the younger kids more time to develop.

Funny - the board seems to be realizing that Brad leaving is a problem ..... Allison and Rosier's are JAG's

Tough to call Allison a JAG when he redshirted and took 0 snaps during a game.

Advertisement

Tough to call Allison a JAG when he redshirted and took 0 snaps during a game.

Miami back up QBs in Spring Game - combined for 4 of 20.
- You are right - I need to give him more time however more & more, True Frosh QBs that are really talented create a buzz - I am not hearing much on Jake

I havent seen Allison throw a single pass ever. Who was the kid with the awkward throwing motion hitch that no matter what the coaches did nothing worked? I can't remember his name. I was at practice back in day and in 40 years of watching and playing football I have never seen anything like that before or since.

I think it was Steve Walsh's brother.

This past spring it was Rosier followed by Sherriffs as backups, and I look for it to be that way next fall...

Advertisement
when all said and done, Weldon will be the QB here. Has the most talent and leadership qualities of anyone currently on roster and incoming class. I fully expect really big things from him.

I havent seen Allison throw a single pass ever. Who was the kid with the awkward throwing motion hitch that no matter what the coaches did nothing worked? I can't remember his name. I was at practice back in day and in 40 years of watching and playing football I have never seen anything like that before or since.

I think it was Steve Walsh's brother.

Chris Walsh

I agree. I think Weldon is the future. However, Perry is as talented as anyone. But that's how we become great again, having 2 really good kids compete everyday. I think Weldon will be the guy, however if it's Perry, great. Kaya had no one to press him from day one. That is certainly not ideal, and why it's so God **** refreshing to have a staff that knows what they are doing

Advertisement
Cactus Jack baby. Y'all sleeping on that dude. Our boy Austin looked nice in those highlights in part because Jacky boy has a rocket. He was a consensus 4 star recruit, with great upside. Some bruhs on this board are overthinking it and praying Perry steps up 'cause he's got wheels, and y'all are overcorrecting because Kaaya was such a twitchy statue.

Advertisement
Back