Dmoney In here now Kyle Tito Aziz also

What does it matter what round Duke is taken in or Cook? Cam Newton was a number 1 pick and Tom Brady was in the 6th round, who would you decide? What round you are taken in doesnt decide if one player is more elite than another. Alex Smith selected well before Aaron Rodgers, but who do you pick? Cook very well may be drafted higher bc of his size, the durability they expect with his size, and his speed, but that takes away nothing from Duke. Compare their college careers.... If Duke's career is better, are you going to tell me Dalvin Cook is better than Duke Johnson? For all you know Duke is drafted by the Philadelphia Eagles in the 2nd or 3rd and has a phenomenal career. You want to talk football, lets talk football. Dont try to prove points off of what ifs and where youre selected in the draft, its pointless.

Advertisement
Cook vs Yearby who ya got and why.

Cook vs duke who ya got and why.

Also if cook and Rudolph choose miami, do we win that game? (You can pass on this one because it's a what if question)

Orange and greens glasses off please........go

Even u Kyle and Aziz and Tito

Also this coach, talk bout his recruiting. Is he elite and will his sfla formula (losing to Fsu on the trail) work............preach. I know u guys are respected and hopefully these (I'll be nice) "people" listen. Thanks

Would prefer u guys answer this because we already know the slurpers will stick up for coach and the mopes are done with this staff.
cook over yearby; kid is just more complete and more of a game changer in my eyes. not taking anything away from yearby.

duke over cook not sure how you can take someone who hasn't even finished their frosh season over and NFL eligible and ready RB.

if cook comes here yes we win. rudolph no.

Golden is a good recruiter but not great definitely not elite. best way to describe golden recruiting is 'solid' holds his own but nothing more.

Yo welcome to the site, u know ur stuff just by the couple posts you have said u shall be trending up soon. Seriously though I like it truth talk.

Being UM fans, we have the hardest pill to swallow of any major college football team. We know what we WERE and we know what we are NOW. I love when Canes fan say the truth such as yourself.

No one wants to admit that duke gained too much weight too fast

No one wants to admit that it's not that Cook is better than Yearby just Bcuz, Cooks running style and stature makes him dangerous right NOW. Yearby is effective, but he isn't dangerous by any means as of now and he is no Frank Gore either.

I believe we are headed in the right direction but it would've been great to beat FSU while they were riding the biggest hype train in a 27 game winning streak and a quarterback that is loopy as ***c but manages to win.

Also FSU is luckier than last year's Auburn team, LUCKY *** TEAM always catching breaks

Sorry man, the weight game myth is a joke. Duke is playing better then he ever has. He never had 4.3 speed. His acceleration, vision, feet (which made him elite) are as good as ever. He finishes runs much better as well.

coming in he had high 4.3-low 4.4 speed. He looks like a 4.5 guy now, maybe he still favors his injured leg and has mental hangups.

Imo he lost a step, but I didn't say he wasn't elite, I just said he was more explosive and that's what made him special and unique. I'll always ride for duke but I never came in looking for duke the bruiser

This is vintage Duke
http://youtu.be/v5IxT6UOPuo

You do realize coming into today Duke avg the most yards per touch out of every RB in the nation.

He hasn't lost a step, he never was a 4.3 guy

Yeah Duke was never a 4.3 guy. Maybe low 4.4's. His cutting ability and vision is what really makes him good.

Also last night was probably the best dline we have faced all year.

I'm just stating the facts here: Cook made a big-time play in a big-time moment last night. Extrapolate from there.

Advertisement
Shady McCoy went late in the 2nd round and I think there were like 5 backs taken ahead of him.

Wonder how those evaluators feel about that now

Lulz at the retards around here. This thread wouldn't exist if our defense could tackle. Cook is going to be a great back, and I wish he went to Miami. Yearby is better in some ways, and not as good in others, and I'm glad he chose Miami. Neither of them should even be mentioned in the same breath as Duke right now. Cook benefitted from **** poor tackling last night. We had him dead at the LOS on both of those TD runs last night. Make those tackles, and this discussion is completely moot. But you ******* retards continue on with your slobbering lunacy.

Irrelevant to me honestly, but if you want my honest opinion. Cook is better than Yearby, but I agree with Kyle on how it's way too early to compare him to Duke. Also factor in Duke has had quite the number of injuries during his time at Miami.

Golden's recruiting is average to me, not terrible, but not really that good either. A lot of questionable takes and then a lot of surprises that seem to be working out.

I get raped on here for saying that Duke should be 10lbs lighter and it's so obvious that he has lost his POP.

Oh well. Corches gonna BIG10!!!!!
You get raped on here cause you're kind of a ****. Not for having any intelligent opinions, that may get lost in transLatin.

Advertisement
coming in he had high 4.3-low 4.4 speed. He looks like a 4.5 guy now, maybe he still favors his injured leg and has mental hangups.

Imo he lost a step, but I didn't say he wasn't elite, I just said he was more explosive and that's what made him special and unique. I'll always ride for duke but I never came in looking for duke the bruiser

This is vintage Duke
http://youtu.be/v5IxT6UOPuo

You do realize coming into today Duke avg the most yards per touch out of every RB in the nation.

He hasn't lost a step, he never was a 4.3 guy

Yard averages mean nothing. There's a fat 250lb rb for Marshall averaging 8yds a carry from what the commentators said. Average has nothing to do with break away speed as long as on every run you average over 4yds a carry. Just shows that duke has gotten tougher between the tackles and more consistant which isn't bad

But he isn't the Liberty City OpaLocka Duke that I saw his freshman year at UM. He exchanged a small amount of speed and agility for cutting ability but his face is as bloated as Jameis's which means he's carrying a bit too much fat

Well I got news for you. The top backs in the history of football never had break away speed

Emmit Smith
Barry Sanders
Walter Payton
Marshal Faulk
Jim Brown

These backs were never burners. They often were caught from behind. I sure can name a bunch of super fast backs tho

Barry Sanders ran a 4.37 at his pro day
Faulk ran a 4.28 and a 4.35 (one at the combine, one at his pro day)
v
Duke will run a 4.4 or sub 4.4. So you prove my point. Quickness and not overall speed is what makes a running back special.

Duke had to put on weight so we could mitigate our awful recruiting whiffs at the position. This comment goes hand in hand with the Cook/Yearby argument. Homers on here just can't have a real convo about football without getting their Jimmies Rustled. Duke should have stayed at 185/190 but he could not as we didn't have a viable option for a full time bruiser at the position. Missing on players like Freeman(Shannon's fault), Collins, and Cook created this problem. Now we have the same problem with the next guy in Yearby. Dude has elite vision, cut ability and quickness, but he is tiny, smaller than Duke. You saw it last night, dude was getting arm tackled by the FSU DL. Hopefully the three guys we have right now in Scarlett, Dex and Walton stick, that way if we ever get a talent like Duke again we don't have to ask him to bulk up because our best bruiser is a guy that should be playing safety…..

Duke will run a 4.4 or sub 4.4. .....

giphy.gif

What does it matter what round Duke is taken in or Cook? Cam Newton was a number 1 pick and Tom Brady was in the 6th round, who would you decide? What round you are taken in doesnt decide if one player is more elite than another. Alex Smith selected well before Aaron Rodgers, but who do you pick? Cook very well may be drafted higher bc of his size, the durability they expect with his size, and his speed, but that takes away nothing from Duke. Compare their college careers.... If Duke's career is better, are you going to tell me Dalvin Cook is better than Duke Johnson? For all you know Duke is drafted by the Philadelphia Eagles in the 2nd or 3rd and has a phenomenal career. You want to talk football, lets talk football. Dont try to prove points off of what ifs and where youre selected in the draft, its pointless.

You mad bro?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back