Dmoney In here now Kyle Tito Aziz also

The creases and running lanes Yearby was finding and slithering through was elite vision and feet. Yes Cook is talented and will make the homerun but he is not on the level of Yearby when it comes to vision.

Yearby has Barry Sanders type vision. Did you see the runs he had against FSU? The way he found some of those holes were amazing.

C'mon man I don't know if your trolling but Barry sanders getting tripped up.......please delete your post be serious man. Don't fk this thread up it's pretty much for four people and serious footballers.

Those runs by Cook don't impress me. Just because he is fast does not make him better. That would be like saying Dorsett is better than Amari Cooper because he P Dorsett average yards per catch is 30 yards and when he catches a pass it is for hugs gains.

Backs get tripped up all the time what in the world are you talking about?

Advertisement
Being UM fans, we have the hardest pill to swallow of any major college football team. We know what we WERE and we know what we are NOW. I love when Canes fan say the truth such as yourself.

No one wants to admit that duke gained too much weight too fast

No one wants to admit that it's not that Cook is better than Yearby just Bcuz, Cooks running style and stature makes him dangerous right NOW. Yearby is effective, but he isn't dangerous by any means as of now and he is no Frank Gore either.

I believe we are headed in the right direction but it would've been great to beat FSU while they were riding the biggest hype train in a 27 game winning streak and a quarterback that is loopy as ***c but manages to win.

Also FSU is luckier than last year's Auburn team, LUCKY *** TEAM always catching breaks

Sorry man, the weight game myth is a joke. Duke is playing better then he ever has. He never had 4.3 speed. His acceleration, vision, feet (which made him elite) are as good as ever. He finishes runs much better as well.

coming in he had high 4.3-low 4.4 speed. He looks like a 4.5 guy now, maybe he still favors his injured leg and has mental hangups.

Imo he lost a step, but I didn't say he wasn't elite, I just said he was more explosive and that's what made him special and unique. I'll always ride for duke but I never came in looking for duke the bruiser

This is vintage Duke
http://youtu.be/v5IxT6UOPuo

You do realize coming into today Duke avg the most yards per touch out of every RB in the nation.

He hasn't lost a step, he never was a 4.3 guy

Yard averages mean nothing. There's a fat 250lb rb for Marshall averaging 8yds a carry from what the commentators said. Average has nothing to do with break away speed as long as on every run you average over 4yds a carry. Just shows that duke has gotten tougher between the tackles and more consistant which isn't bad

But he isn't the Liberty City OpaLocka Duke that I saw his freshman year at UM. He exchanged a small amount of speed and agility for cutting ability but his face is as bloated as Jameis's which means he's carrying a bit too much fat

Well I got news for you. The top backs in the history of football never had break away speed

Emmit Smith
Barry Sanders
Walter Payton
Marshal Faulk
Jim Brown

These backs were never burners. They often were caught from behind. I sure can name a bunch of super fast backs tho

Being UM fans, we have the hardest pill to swallow of any major college football team. We know what we WERE and we know what we are NOW. I love when Canes fan say the truth such as yourself.

No one wants to admit that duke gained too much weight too fast

No one wants to admit that it's not that Cook is better than Yearby just Bcuz, Cooks running style and stature makes him dangerous right NOW. Yearby is effective, but he isn't dangerous by any means as of now and he is no Frank Gore either.

I believe we are headed in the right direction but it would've been great to beat FSU while they were riding the biggest hype train in a 27 game winning streak and a quarterback that is loopy as ***c but manages to win.

Also FSU is luckier than last year's Auburn team, LUCKY *** TEAM always catching breaks

Sorry man, the weight game myth is a joke. Duke is playing better then he ever has. He never had 4.3 speed. His acceleration, vision, feet (which made him elite) are as good as ever. He finishes runs much better as well.

coming in he had high 4.3-low 4.4 speed. He looks like a 4.5 guy now, maybe he still favors his injured leg and has mental hangups.

Imo he lost a step, but I didn't say he wasn't elite, I just said he was more explosive and that's what made him special and unique. I'll always ride for duke but I never came in looking for duke the bruiser

This is vintage Duke

You do realize coming into today Duke avg the most yards per touch out of every RB in the nation.

Yard averages mean nothing. There's a fat 250lb rb for Marshall averaging 8yds a carry from what the commentators said. Average has nothing to do with break away speed as long as on every run you average over 4yds a carry. Just shows that duke has gotten tougher between the tackles and more consistant which isn't bad

But he isn't the Liberty City OpaLocka Duke that I saw his freshman year at UM. He exchanged a small amount of speed and agility for cutting ability but his face is as bloated as Jameis's which means he's carrying a bit too much fat

You sound like a fool.

I get raped on here for saying that Duke should be 10lbs lighter and it's so obvious that he has lost his POP.

Oh well. Corches gonna BIG10!!!!!

Duke got bigger and stronger. He sacrificed a little bit of his speed and a little bit of his agility to gain more durability - and it's made him a better RB. Yes he lost half a step, and it's a very thin line between putting on weight and putting on too much weight, but Duke's right where he should be

This is why guys like cook r rare u don't gotta touch them, natural 4.3 guy and big enough to take the NCAA big boys.

Exactly. Some backs are just the full package of size, speed, strength, and moves. Edge, McGahee....Michel, Cook

Duke is hamstrung by size. Yearby is hamstrung by size and speed. You can overcome 1, but it's very hard to overcome 2

But Scarlett is coming....

Advertisement
I get raped on here for saying that Duke should be 10lbs lighter and it's so obvious that he has lost his POP.

I agree with a lot of it but not on this issue.

He's better now then ever. Cue his HS or FR tapes.

You guys do realize he is having the 2nd best season of all time by a Miami RB.

He has 1486 all purpose yards in 10 games, just put up 167 on FSU.

Yes, he is "better now than ever". That isn't the real question though is it?

The real question is "Is Duke Johnson the BEST he possibly could be?"

Answer: NO

I disagree, I think he is at his optimal playing weight. He only weighs 198lb according to the broadcast today.

I don't have a problem with the way we use Duke, we are actually utilizing him out of the backfield which is a major step up from last year.

Plenty of things wrong with this program, Duke isn't one IMO.

I disagree, I think he is at his optimal playing weight. He only weighs 198lb according to the broadcast today.

I don't have a problem with the way we use Duke, we are actually utilizing him out of the backfield which is a major step up from last year.

Duke is a symptom of the whole contagion. All of our players are -....None are + with this staff. Guys come in with 4* and 5* ratings and get benched for walk on's. That schit is the banner of our program.

If you think Duke is being maximized. You trippin.

Advertisement

Duke is a symptom of the whole contagion. All of our players are -....None are + with this staff. Guys come in with 4* and 5* ratings and get benched for walk on's. That schit is the banner of our program.

What more can the man do?

Led the nation in yards per touch going into the game. Averaging a ridiculous 7.7 ypc. 11 TDs. 6 straight 100 yard games.

I dislike the Golden but I try to be objective in my thoughts as well. I can't understand why anyone would trash/rip/downgrade Duke Johnson.

As far as maximizing, how can that be judged. He is performing like a 5* and one of the best players in the nation.

Last edited:

Led the nation in yards per touch going into the game. Averaging a ridiculous 7.7 ypc. 11 TDs. 6 straight 100 yard games.

I dislike the Golden but I try to be objective in my thoughts as well. I can't understand why anyone would trash/rip/downgrade Duke Johnson.

You are presenting a false dichotomy. Just becuase Duke is playing FANTASTIC now doesn't mean that he is playing at his MAXIMUM. It's basic logic and anyone that has watched this team over the years knows that Duke is not MAXIMIZED.

Playing GREAT.....yes.

Playing as good as he possibly can? NO. There is a dude from Wisconson that is 1/2 the RB that Duke is but that kid set the record for yards in a game today. Duke is way better than him. But Duke will NEVER have a 400yd game at UM.

Stop with the logical fallacies.

You are presenting a false dichotomy. Just becuase Duke is playing FANTASTIC now doesn't mean that he is playing at his MAXIMUM. It's basic logic and anyone that has watched this team over the years knows that Duke is not MAXIMIZED.

Playing GREAT.....yes.

Playing as good as he possibly can? NO. There is a dude from Wisconson that is 1/2 the RB that Duke is but that kid set the record for yards in a game today. Duke is way better than him. But Duke will NEVER have a 400yd game at UM.

Are you serious? Wisconsin and Miami play 2 completely different systems, do you want Miami to turn into Wisconsin?

How do you judge Duke's maximization? He is going to have the 2nd best season by a RB in Miami history. Does that mean Edge James wasn't maximized here? Portis? Gore? etc.

Playing GREAT.....yes.

Are you serious? Wisconsin and Miami play 2 completely different systems, do you want Miami to turn into Wisconsin?

How do you judge Duke's maximization? He is going to have the 2nd best season by a RB in Miami history. Does that mean Edge James wasn't maximized here? Portis? Gore? etc.

Duke is the best back in the nation by talent. He isn't even in the top 7 by production.

WTF is wrong with your brain? System schmystem.

Advertisement

Playing GREAT.....yes.

Duke is the best back in the nation by talent. He isn't even in the top 7 by production.

WTF is wrong with your brain? System schmystem.

He was 3rd in the nation in yards from scrimmage heading into the game. What more could you ask for?

And as much as I love Duke, I'm not sure he is more talented then Gurley and Gordon.

Playing GREAT.....yes.

I hear ya man. The Navy QB ran for 6 TD's today too. When's Duke ever gone for 400 & 6? Never!

It's just not logical how we don't maximize Duke's talent

And I ****ed this up, he has 1653 yards from scrimmage in 10 games. He only needs 455 yards in 3 games to pass McGahee for the most of all time in Miami history.

Advertisement

Playing GREAT.....yes.

I hear ya man. The Navy QB ran for 6 TD's today too. When's Duke ever gone for 400 & 6? Never!

I tell ya. It's mind boggling. We have the best RB in the game hands down.

We just can't quite make him do dat dance. Why?

Luther Robinson wants to know!

This is vintage Duke

Well I got news for you. The top backs in the history of football never had break away speed

Emmit Smith
Barry Sanders
Walter Payton
Marshal Faulk
Jim Brown

These backs were never burners. They often were caught from behind. I sure can name a bunch of super fast backs tho

Barry Sanders ran a 4.37 at his pro day
Faulk ran a 4.28 and a 4.35 (one at the combine, one at his pro day)

This is vintage Duke

Emmit Smith
Barry Sanders
Walter Payton
Marshal Faulk
Jim Brown

Barry Sanders ran a 4.37 at his pro day

He had short area quickness so a good 40 wouldn't be surprising but that cat got ran down from behind more than any Rb in history. He couldn't keep that speed over long distances. Nothing wrong with it. It is what it is

Playing GREAT.....yes.

I tell ya. It's mind boggling. We have the best RB in the game hands down.

We just can't quite make him do dat dance. Why?

Luther Robinson wants to know!

Because our coach is conservative and gives him the ball. Oh wait that isn't right, we don't want to give him the ball because that is being a *****. Not sure which is it anymore

Advertisement
Back