2024 DL Kamarion Franklin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
On3 visit Update

“They’ve just gotta keep doing what they’re doing,” Franklin said. “They’re sticking out. They’ve been different. …It’s just different. They’re in their own little category, so it’s just different. They’re one of my favorites right now.”

“Everything was physical,” Franklin said. “I love how they got after the competitiveness. It gives me a reason to want to come back again. …The competitiveness I saw in practice, the hard coaching. I want a coach that’s gonna, you know, coach. Get on me when I’m doing wrong, not just try to be my friend.”

Franklin has heard from Miami’s coaching staff daily and feels special for being prioritized by the Hurricanes. He’s largely heard from defensive line coach Joe Salave’a and head coach Mario Cristobal.

“They’re already talking about official visits,” Franklin said. “I’m interested. It’s not set in stone. I’m trying to go through the whole process, take all of my visits.”

Texas A&M, Florida State, South Carolina, Tennessee and Florida are in contention for official visits as well. He plans to visit Oregon and Ohio State and took visits to Auburn and South Carolina earlier this spring.

Franklin wants to announce his list of schools he plans to officially visit before the end of the academic school year or slightly after the end of the year at the latest. He sees himself committing sometime during the fall football season or potentially on signing day.

“They’ve just gotta keep doing what they’re doing,” Franklin said. “They’re sticking out. They’ve been different. …It’s just different. They’re in their own little category, so it’s just different. They’re one of my favorites right now.”

“Everything was physical,” Franklin said. “I love how they got after the competitiveness. It gives me a reason to want to come back again. …The competitiveness I saw in practice, the hard coaching. I want a coach that’s gonna, you know, coach. Get on me when I’m doing wrong, not just try to be my friend.”

Franklin has heard from Miami’s coaching staff daily and feels special for being prioritized by the Hurricanes. He’s largely heard from defensive line coach Joe Salave’a and head coach Mario Cristobal.

“They’re already talking about official visits,” Franklin said. “I’m interested. It’s not set in stone. I’m trying to go through the whole process, take all of my visits.”

Texas A&M, Florida State, South Carolina, Tennessee and Florida are in contention for official visits as well. He plans to visit Oregon and Ohio State and took visits to Auburn and South Carolina earlier this spring.

Franklin wants to announce his list of schools he plans to officially visit before the end of the academic school year or slightly after the end of the year at the latest. He sees himself committing sometime during the fall football season or potentially on signing day.
We’re in a good spot but looks like he’ll elongate the process, collect some mini bags then pick a school after using all 5 OV’s. Just stay on him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We legit a run stuffer badly! Teams are gonna run right up the middle
Let me explain something, i said it in Miami Flo comment section. The last 2 best DTs we had were McIntosh and Willis. Miami roster listed them at 270 and 292. The teams they were on were good against the run with Manny. They fit what he asked them to do. Manny then tried to ask Big Jon Ford to do the same things along with players like Jordan Miller, got ran all over.

Guidry asks the DTs to do some of the same things. Shoot the gaps, get into the backfield. Its about scheme fit. Marshall had small DTs as well, they were stout against the run. If we get big guys, they also have to be able to move, movement and quickness is more important than size to make the scheme effective.

Let me explain something, i said it in Miami Flo comment section. The last 2 best DTs we had were McIntosh and Willis. Miami roster listed them at 270 and 292. The teams they were on were good against the run with Manny. They fit what he asked them to do. Manny then tried to ask Big Jon Ford to do the same things along with players like Jordan Miller, got ran all over.

Guidry asks the DTs to do some of the same things. Shoot the gaps, get into the backfield. Its about scheme fit. Marshall had small DTs as well, they were stout against the run. If we get big guys, they also have to be able to move, movement and quickness is more important than size to make the scheme effective.
Great points. I just think we need some more depth at DT. Someone who does have size but can move. Moton is the biggest we have. Harrison Hunte also had a good year two years back. The Perdue kid has game also.

Chalupa has been putting in some major work highlighting key recruits

Advertisement

Miami is in the process of setting up official visits for what will be a critical month of June between camp season and those coveted weekends.

InsideTheU learned that one of Miami’s top defensive line targets has a date set with the Hurricanes for one of those trips. Lake Cormorant (Miss.) five-star defensive lineman Kamarion Franklin plans to spend June 2-4 in Dade County. That’s coming off of a pair of unofficial visits from the 6-foot-5, 265-pounder this year.

Franklin is the No. 29 overall player and the No. 6 defensive lineman in the Class of 2024, according to 247Sports. Miami is battling the likes of Tennessee, the only other program with an official visit set, Ole Miss, Florida, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida State, and Auburn amongst other national offers.

“It’s been good. In January I was very impressed with the love and priority shown. They still to this day continue to prioritize me and keep in contact and I just came out here to see if they would be a possible fit, even for an [official visit],” Franklin told InsideTheU last month.

Franklin also gets it done on the hardwood and recently wrapped up a junior season where he averaged 6.2 points, 7.9 rebounds, and 1.0 blocks.

Franklin is a mid-year enrollee and plans on getting a decision made some time during his senior season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back