2024 DL Kamarion Franklin 2.0 (commits to Ole Miss)

Cmon mane you know it ain’t all about the HC.
Notwithstanding NIL, under the table illegal bags didn’t go away and nothing’s changed as far as us and most programs vs the bag schools. Everyone has an NIL program. Not every offer is the same even if the NIL is. It’s pretty apparent what the evolution has been. From bags to NIL to NIL and bags.

Advertisement
Notwithstanding NIL, under the table illegal bags didn’t go away and nothing’s changed as far as us and most programs vs the bag schools. Everyone has an NIL program. Not every offer is the same even if the NIL is. It’s pretty apparent what the evolution has been. From bags to NIL to NIL and bags.
Has it though? You really think Stewart is a Gamecock pre NIL?

No

Advertisement

No
Where did I say every single player or that player or that school? I didn’t. I know, as do others on here, that some of them are getting bagged up on top of NIL up front from certain schools whose boosters are doing it. Not every school does it and not every player takes it. I also didn’t say it’s the only thing working against us but it’s happening.

Yes

No
I would bet he got the same or similar deal his boy Harbor got from them last year. I don't care how much a kid loves a school, money talks. South Carolina definitely paying as a SEC school. They don't have elite NIL but they definitely pick and choose their top guy wisely.

I would bet he got the same or similar deal his boy Harbor got from them last year. I don't care how much a kid loves a school, money talks. South Carolina definitely paying as a SEC school. They don't have elite NIL but they definitely pick and choose their top guy wisely.
You made my point

Advertisement

Don’t worry guys.. Big joes got this.. working the process….

Dave Chapelle GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement
When we hired Mario we were expecting elite recruiting. We got that or at least very close to it in his first full cycle here. We were then told that we were going to focus the bulk of our NIL effort on the DL but specifically DT.

We focused on OL in 23 but still managed to land a DL class of Bain, Wayne, CA and Horton. So yes the expectations were that the 24 DL class would be monstrous. So far we have one high level DT committed and he hasn’t even been pursued by many of the big boys.

Your only argument here is that we should have lowered expectations but recruiting was to be the one area that we were to always be elite or close to and why we were paying Mario 8 per. I stand by that saying we should have had lowered expectations is completely revisionist.
Nobody said lower expectations, of course we should expect elite recruiting classes thats not what im denying. Im talking about thinking we would land the best dline class in the country, that was always unrealistic to me no matter what the goal was or what anyone said. We should land a top dline class but best in the country? I never believed that would happen

Advertisement
Mas tech: 13 billion expected revenue for 2023

Yellawood: 1 billion expected revenue 2023

I doubt nil is a **** issue that everyone keeps complaining about.

And Mas, just like Ruiz ain’t the only.

But if you overpay now it will set a precedent that you have to continue for the rest of the class and into coming years.

We’re not winning a natty next year with top rated freshman.
That means we will be in the same position to pay the suck for at least the next year at least.
TVD is gone after this season and the 24 win total is gonna depend on this year.

IMO, we actually have to overachieve. There will be other teams that have good seasons too.

Just look at the sht fsu is doing because of money and 10 wins.

The fact that our total wins are set at 7.5 isn’t favorable imo.
That means that 8 wins is what is expected in a schedule that’s not favorable at the second half.

8-4 isn’t gonna excuse us from the suck tax. It’s just isnt.
If we dominate and go 10-2 then you have some bragging rights.
And you better pray that we don’t slip under that 7.5 total.
And regardless of the win total you can not lose to fsu regardless.

Look at all the suck tax tamu has paid and continues to pay and the sht show it’s caused down ther.

Some of these kids have 5 star talent but 0 star intangibles.
Look at T2 for example.
What about the number one tackle in the nation in Marvin Wilson at fsu.
If Marvin wilson was a recruit this year everyone would be asking to overpay him too.

That’s what you call flushing money down the toilet.
You just can’t spend without due diligence.

I think that out of the dudes that are left on the board the ones that mario has the most familiarity with are Breland and Stone. Doubt we get both. One will be great.

Mario isn’t gonna want to overpay with nil unless the player has all the intangibles to go with the on field talent.
If he isn’t sure that he has 5 star intangibles he ain’t gonna sign off on some monster deal.
And to me it just seems like Cristobal is that type of dude.

It’s the total opposite of jimbo who just lets that oil money fly into these kid’s pockets and then cycles them out. It creates havoc in the locker room and no continuity on the roster.
3c0ed6b9-e060-47c6-bba8-49f213d2d05a_text.gif

Nobody said lower expectations, of course we should expect elite recruiting classes thats not what im denying. Im talking about thinking we would land the best dline class in the country, that was always unrealistic to me no matter what the goal was or what anyone said. We should land a top dline class but best in the country? I never believed that would happen
We are splitting semantics here now. The target was the top DL class in the nation with expectations with it being one of the best. We have not delivered on either especially when the focus was on DT. In turn the overall class has been extremely disappointing.

Look at other teams Dline classes and compare what us landing a quad of Stone, Jones, Lightfoot and Rudolph would rank...

Advertisement
Back