DL Daylen Russell commits to Miami

View as article
Plotting Super Mario GIF by GIPHY Gaming

Sorry kid had one too many pours of some 4 roses single barrel earlier lol….welcome to the U
So that’s the bourbon of choice on Memorial Day weekend for a Louisville guy?

Advertisement
I’ve been told. I haven’t seen him myself. Summer practices will start in a few weeks, I’m sure he’ll make it to a few since he’s a local recruit.
Someone on another board said he’s a little over 6’ like 6’ 1/4” and now near 270. I don’t know how accurate that is or how valid the poster is.

Russell will take an official visit to Miami but has not locked in a date. He added he has not shut down his recruitment, but he is locked in with the Hurricanes.
He said he’s going to take official visits.

Zo and JT weren’t on those staffs. I thought the Russell type recruits were the reason everyone were clamoring for Zo and his evaluation expertise?!. We didn’t need Zo for the 4 and 5 star elite recruits. They are already identified and can be seen by everyone. It’s the tweeners in our back yard that have left the area only to become AA and all conference at other schools. If he was the only DT/DE then yes I would definitely scoff at this take. But, I get the impression Miami anticipates locking down Higher skilled DT/DE with ideal size and talent making Russell a take at the local pipeline.
I don't disagree. I would offer Zo's primary role is to identify the next 2* 3d Reed.

A bunch of them actually.

Read a thread like this and then ask yourself why local kids have no loyalty to Miami...

It's wild how negative everyone is towards a DPOY from a feeder school committing to Miami.

We are the most unhappy fanbase no matter what.

Advertisement
Read a thread like this and then ask yourself why local kids have no loyalty to Miami...

It's wild how negative everyone is towards a DPOY from a feeder school committing to Miami.

Then when he went elsewhere and balled out everyone would ***** about how we could let a POY from the best football hotbed in the country get away.

Well not every kid can be a 5 star million dollar NIL deal with starting time lined up. You need some hard-working low/no NIL low transfer risk depth guys who will take the time to develop for 2-3 years and hopefully develop into starters. Maybe this kid fits the mold.

I agree. Bad energy all around to do that in a commit thread. Let the kid and staff (and players who hosted the recruit) celebrate and have their day.

If you really don’t like the class, say it in a class thread. If you really don’t like specific recruits, wait until post LOI day to trash the staff for whom they landed and whom they didn’t.

Advertisement
Sounds a like a technically sound lunch pale type player, that would fit ideallt in Coach Guidry's Marshall defenses. But coach G is at UM now so he should loosing for better caliber recruits.

This is a very good breakdown of Russell's film.

Go Canes

Fair evaluation. My biggest takeaway from watching his film was that he plays disciplined assignment football

Nothing else really needs to be added so I’ll just repeat something @Ricaneswag and I (and everyone really) have been harping on for 10+ years

We don’t stack classes

We follow up good ones with flops

Long way to go with this class but I’m definitely concerned with some of these takes so far

But people like Zo are here for a reason (I think) so I’ll just kick back and wait

Advertisement
Nothing else really needs to be added so I’ll just repeat something @Ricaneswag and I (and everyone really) have been harping on for 10+ years

We don’t stack classes

We follow up good ones with flops

Long way to go with this class but I’m definitely concerned with some of these takes so far
After the summer I would panic if it's the same. But I'm sure the dogs will be in by then

Lmao, yeah. South Florida kids have no loyalty to Miami because of whats said on a ******* message board? How about Dalvin Cook & Jerry Juedy etc? Who we sucked off for 100+ pages. Shove that take up your ***. It's horrendous.

Advertisement
I’ve been told. I haven’t seen him myself. Summer practices will start in a few weeks, I’m sure he’ll make it to a few since he’s a local recruit.
He looks to be 6'1 tops.

They must see a nother Kancey or possibility for that or think he is Bain (his film isnt close to that)

Columbus has had these tweener dl like this for years..i remember another 1 that was brought to the board attention early i think he ended up at Indiana or another power 5 and transferring out. Columbus bros help me out here.

Fromw hat i see in Jr film no way he can play DE here.....but at DT there may be a role as a 3 tech.

Comp-

*He looks like a kid VT would always take on their DL's.

Im not high on the take...but they seem to have some sort of role for a guy like this because they did the same sort of take earlier spring with Gore which was confusing to me as well.

Cant wait to see the mid szn tape or see if he camps much this summer.

Last edited:
I know this will be an unpopular opinion but I actually like this commit. To me, he projects to be a 3T/5T. If the rumors are true, that he's up to 270, then I imagine he'll be sitting around 290, after a redshirt year. At that size, he would fit exactly what Guidry likes at DT

We recently recruited Tunmise Adeleye out of the portal. Check out his Jr film and you'll see alot of similarities, athletically, to Russell's Jr film. Adeleye didn't play his senior season (covid). If Russell is sitting around 270, I'd love to see how he plays at that size this fall.

Advertisement
Back