DL Daylen Russell commits to Miami

View as article
Columbus has had these tweener dl like this for years..i remember another 1 that was brought to the board attention early i think he ended up at Indiana or another power 5 and transferring out. Columbus bros help me out here.
Passmore ended up at IU. Typical tweener like you brought up. Don't think Columbus has had a true DT since Antwan Lowery who ended up as an OG at Rutgers.

Advertisement
Lmao, yeah. South Florida kids have no loyalty to Miami because of whats said on a ******* message board? How about Dalvin Cook & Jerry Juedy etc? Who we sucked off for 100+ pages. Shove that take up your ***. It's horrendous.
Watch your f*king mouth.

If you don't think ****ting on the kids that WANT to be Canes is a bad look from our fans you’re an ignorant fool. Don't blame the kid for what Juedy and Cook did to Miami. You realize those guys are adults now? That happened like 10 years ago now. Move on.

Bunch of keyboard scouts jumping on a bandwagon when most haven't even watched the tape and even those that have wouldn't have a clue what they are looking for.

Had the first few posts been “this kid has the potential to blow up his senior year. He's grown and added weight” the entire thread flows differently. Too bad for the kid.

The lack of explosion was the most concerning thing that stood out to me. On the positive side, he's a high motor kid and he holds up really well at the point of attack.

He's commited to the Canes and I expect the staff will bring in a few higher rated DL, so I'm happy to welcome him and see how this one plays out.
Pretty spot on. The kid looks like a 3/4 end who sets the edge and commands double teams. Ideally, by the time he sees the field he’s a 6’2” 300 lb interior guy who can’t get moved off his spot. He doesn’t have the explosion or fluidity to be an edge player but he can be a useful piece down the road.

Advertisement
**** no lol just the best thing the bar had at a reasonable price yesterday. Thinking about Eh Taylor single barrel or Stagg Jr today
I have some Taylor at home. Haven’t had Stagg. I don’t know much about bourbon but I taste more wood in the Taylor. I like McKenna 10 year lately.

I have some Taylor at home. Haven’t had Stagg. I don’t know much about bourbon but I taste more wood in the Taylor. I like McKenna 10 year lately.

The whole Taylor line is one of my favorites. If you like high proof bourbons you definitely need to try Jr. McKenna is under rated like our most recent commit lmao…definitely slept on good bourbon

The whole Taylor line is one of my favorites. If you like high proof bourbons you definitely need to try Jr. McKenna is under rated like our most recent commit lmao…definitely slept on good bourbon
How much does McKenna cost there? It runs anywhere from $59.99 to $69.99 here. Some thief had it at $100 and I walked out of his store.

Advertisement
Looking Season 6 GIF by This Is Us

Watch your f*king mouth.

If you don't think ****ting on the kids that WANT to be Canes is a bad look from our fans you’re an ignorant fool. Don't blame the kid for what Juedy and Cook did to Miami. You realize those guys are adults now? That happened like 10 years ago now. Move on.

Bunch of keyboard scouts jumping on a bandwagon when most haven't even watched the tape and even those that have wouldn't have a clue what they are looking for.

Had the first few posts been “this kid has the potential to blow up his senior year. He's grown and added weight” the entire thread flows differently. Too bad for the kid.
It’s message board discourse and sometimes it gets a bit choppy. I don’t feel bad for the kid whatsoever and I’m pretty sure he doesn’t care what people on here said. He was given the green light by the staff and is now a Miami commit. Life is good for him. In terms of keyboard scouts, you ain’t wrong but that’s the point of the board. The one area that I trust Mario is recruiting but that doesn’t mean he is beyond reproach. This commitment naturally sparked some controversy as it should have. That all said, kid looks like he will sign here as of this moment, so he has my support and I hope he is the next Geno Atkins.

Advertisement
Sounds a like a technically sound lunch pale type player, that would fit ideallt in Coach Guidry's Marshall defenses. But coach G is at UM now so he should loosing for better caliber recruits.

This is a very good breakdown of Russell's film.

Go Canes

I feel better about Russell after watching this critique. What I don’t know is whether his proficiency will work at the college level. But that is what Zo and staff are paid to figure out.

I really feel like we are taking a Clemson-esque recruiting style. Go for a handful of stars and then focus on productive, character types to round out the roster. And hopefully some of those high character players surprise you and become really productive.

Advertisement
Watch your f*king mouth.

Or what? Your take was trash. I'm moved on. Those were just examples to rip a hole through your soft *** take. We are 99.9% of the time on board with takes. This one as a whole we aren't. Not a thing wrong with it. Messages boards were made for this type of discussion Nancy.

How much does McKenna cost there? It runs anywhere from $59.99 to $69.99 here. Some thief had it at $100 and I walked out of his store.

I was getting it for 59 but last I heard they increased the price to 69 out of nowhere. Guess they seen people loved it & knew they could get away with increasing it. For $100 dude can definitely kick rocks.

Zo and JT weren’t on those staffs. I thought the Russell type recruits were the reason everyone were clamoring for Zo and his evaluation expertise?!. We didn’t need Zo for the 4 and 5 star elite recruits. They are already identified and can be seen by everyone. It’s the tweeners in our back yard that have left the area only to become AA and all conference at other schools. If he was the only DT/DE then yes I would definitely scoff at this take. But, I get the impression Miami anticipates locking down Higher skilled DT/DE with ideal size and talent making Russell a take at the local pipeline.

Why is this so hard to comprehend?

Advertisement
Back