DL Daylen Russell commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
Could not care less
Hmmm trust you or Jason Taylor

Choose Which One GIF by Susanne Lamb

Daylen Russell, defensive lineman from Columbus and one of Miami-Dade County's most productive defensive players, has pledged to play for the Miami Hurricanes. Russell chose Miami over Louisville and Nebraska.

Russell, who stands at 6-foot-1 and weighs 270 pounds, marks the ninth commitment to the Hurricanes' 2024 recruiting class, and he is the fourth player from South Florida to join the roster. He is the reigning Miami-Dade County Defensive Player of the Year and was instrumental in leading the Explorers to their second state championship last year. Russell recorded 62 tackles, eight tackles for loss and eight sacks along with a standout performance in the state title game.

Russell joins three-star running back Chris Wheatley-Humphrey, four-star wide receiver Chance Robinson from St. Thomas Aquinas, and three-star Central linebacker Vince Shavers as 2024 commits from Miami-Dade and Broward counties.

Russell’s commitment is yet another tie between UM and Columbus High School, the alma mater of Mario Cristobal, offensive line coach Alex Mirabal and general manager Alonzo Highsmith.
Welcome to the U young man. Let's go Canes 🏈

Advertisement
I don’t agree with everything he’s saying either but the “shove it up your ***” thing is what he’s referencing because it was unnecessary given that the dialogue wasn’t on that level or shouldn’t have been.
Shove the take up his *** bc it was as bad a take as possible. Theres been far worse said on this site lol

And that "trusted poster" said he hasn't seen the kid, he was just repeating what he was told.

Give it a rest already, mopey. Mario is not Manny, he's earned the benefit of the doubt on scouting and recruiting.
Whos mopey? I'm high on what we've done this off season & love every take but this one.

Advertisement
The old, "Maybe I am acting like an *******, but others have been even bigger ********" defense. A tried and true CIS tradition.
**** right! His take was 100% dead wrong & deserved what I said. I'm sorry if it offended anyone. Go Canes!

Advertisement
Why is this so hard to comprehend?

In fairness, tell me more about this “JT loves the guy” as to why we’re all to fall over at the grandeur as if JT has a long history of elite recruiting and/or development. I’m not crapping on him, but “Pitt had him high on the list” tells me more about DL recruits than JT at this point..

Advertisement
In fairness, tell me more about this “JT loves the guy” as to why we’re all to fall over at the grandeur as if JT has a long history of elite recruiting and/or development. I’m not crapping on him, but “Pitt had him high on the list” tells me more about DL recruits than JT at this point..
Let’s hope he doesn’t have that Michael Jordan eye for talent

Let’s hope he doesn’t have that Michael Jordan eye for talent
It’s a fair question. We’re all hoping the eye for talent is there.

Nice parse. JT isn't the sole decision maker and he doesn't work on an island. And this isn't the type of thing where you need a PHD to get in the room. The man has lived that life. So yeah, JT's thoughts ******* matter. A lot. You know how many programs would kill to get his 2 cents in the room? So his opinion matters. As does Mario's, Joe's, Guidry and Zo's and the room full of recruiting analysts we have. I don't think people understand that these programs have become billion dollar businesses and are being operated as such.

Nice parse. JT isn't the sole decision maker and he doesn't work on an island. And this isn't the type of thing where you need a PHD to get in the room. The man has lived that life. So yeah, JT's thoughts ******* matter. A lot. You know how many programs would kill to get his 2 cents in the room? So his opinion matters. As does Mario's, Joe's, Guidry and Zo's and the room full of recruiting analysts we have. I don't think people understand that these programs have become billion dollar businesses and are being operated as such.

So you have absolutely no answer to why we should fawn over Jason Taylor’s opinion other than Mario hired him and he’s lived that life…

I would have been more convinced with you saying his sister is hot, thin and not a pain in the ***…

Advertisement
Back