2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think it’s as simple as Mario and his pitch lost to Venable’s and his pitch. We chose family and they chose coming home. We lost. I think we had a strong $ offer and I think the family wanted us, but at the end of it they found the right pitch and we didn’t

Well in fairness, that's a pitch we just don't have. We are not his home. It's not that we chose Family....that might have been the only angle we had to play to get in there.
It is what it is...we lost

Last edited:
Advertisement
kid's can make a decision spur of the moment based on how they feel at the moment

maybe that choice sticks or maybe not

i like the kid. seems smart. i like his family too.

best to all regardless of how this goes.

and thx to cribby, dmoni and brooklyn and all other insiders who give us info. i mean it too.

Obvious last second change of heart here. Can’t be mad at nobody. He was legit torn and went with the more comfortable route, which is fine. I’ve had job offers from competing firms that have kept me up at night - the hardest thing was telling someone no that bent over backwards for you. And this kid’s situation is way bigger.

Even if he told us yes, he is 17 y/o and may not know how to perfectly handle the situation. He tried his best it seems to do it with respect. I hope he succeeds. He seems like one of the good ones.

With that said, he’s not a flip candidate imo. Not that type of kid. He is shut down.

If I remember correctly, his mom wanted him away from Oklahoma because of bad influences there (which I suspect means he was running with a bad crowd). For his own sake I hope this doesn't end with him being another tragic story of wasted talent.

Also I wouldn't be able to lie to my family like that. Should have picked UM like he said he would , then if he has regrets , talk it over with the family some more. He gets one free transfer, so try out life at UM, if he doesn't like it or is too homesick, then transfer to Oklahoma.
**** him. I hope he ends up on the midnight shift cleaning Stuckeys toilets.

Advertisement
Obvious last second change of heart here. Can’t be mad at nobody. He was legit torn and went with the more comfortable route, which is fine. I’ve had job offers from competing firms that have kept me up at night - the hardest thing was telling someone no that bent over backwards for you. And this kid’s situation is way bigger.

Even if he told us yes, he is 17 y/o and may not know how to perfectly handle the situation. He tried his best it seems to do it with respect. I hope he succeeds. He seems like one of the good ones.

With that said, he’s not a flip candidate imo. Not that type of kid. He is shut down.
Nope. **** him.

It's over, didn't matter what was said to me, I wanted to be a cane since I saw that 2nd basan hit that game winning HR of of Morrison. Didn't matter money, girls etc..those were gonna be there no matter where I went.
I give the young man respect for staying home, and I love my money and rings.
Wouldn't trade it for anything

It's over, didn't matter what was said to me, I wanted to be a cane since I saw that 2nd basan hit that game winning HR of of Morrison. Didn't matter money, girls etc..those were gonna be there no matter where I went.
I give the young man respect for staying home, and I love my money and rings.
Wouldn't trade it for anything
#****warrenmorris

He’s use to Walmart it’s what they do nothing else
I witnessed it there raised in this life , OU probably said no more Walmart if you leave or the movie house . This stunned Stone at last second was crushing the thought of it .

His mom knew he needed to break free from a Walmart life to grow as a young man , but it was to much and OU knew this .
Now Stone is smiling he kept nothingness existence like in Nebraska same life if your raised in it.
Yes bag 💼 involved for sure just something to ease moms pain if her son making the wrong decision.

Texas in the Red River shootout with destroy OU by fifty points.

Then he’ll know, excellent portal pick and Stones to the list .

GOCANES

Advertisement
I still think it’s as simple as Mario and his pitch lost to Venable’s and his pitch. We chose family and they chose coming home. We lost. I think we had a strong $ offer and I think the family wanted us, but at the end of it they found the right pitch and we didn’t
To me that's not Mario's vs Venable's pitch, but rather the kid wanted to go home. Like this wasn't a kid going in with a completely open mindset, but one that was planning to go to OU b/c it was home and Mario actually gave him something to think about. But at the end of the day 2nd place doesn't count for much.

Advertisement
Happy Sausage Dog GIF by Unscreen
Yep

Clearly wants to be back in Oklahoma and mom/family was pushing Miami. He actually went against his family. Good luck to him will be a tough flip. He seems he wants to play in Oklahoma and go back home
Yeah, it’s one thing when you never left home and are afraid to take that next step, this kid left and still wants to go back.

Advertisement
Am I trolling though? If we just missed on Stone today but were otherwise doing fine, well that would be one thing.

Think about all of the DT's and DE's that visited over the summer. We missed on Scott. Missed on Rushing. Then we missed on Stewart. Then we missed on Simmons. But wait... because after that we missed on Kam Franklin. Now we've missed on Stone. So am I actually trolling or does it kind of make sense for fans to be ****ed about how consistently bad our recruiting has been this cycle?

I guess I can give them credit for Rudolph and Lightfoot, they are good players if not elite, and Jones is a good solid addition if he sticks. I'm not saying anything everyone else hasn't been saying for months - UM put it out there that this was going to be an elite DT/DE class and it's turned out to be an Al Golden / Manny Diaz level class at that position. Those guys didn't recruit the defensive line badly, but I could be forgiven for thinking our elite $8 milllion/yr coach would be able to out recruit those guys.

Because being outside the top 5 this year means you have no shot at a natty in the next 3 years. Being outside the top 10 means the playoffs are very doubtful within the next three years. And being behind both FSU and UF is just downright unacceptably bad. And oh yeah, this all coming at a time when conference realignment is a thing and Miami's entire future is at stake.

We can't have these misses.
You could have gotten all of those things. Texas has done so for the 25 years I’ve now lived here. They’ve had an equivalent record to Miami in the last decade due to quarterback play.

We have to hit on quarterback.

Well in fairness, that's a pitch we just don't have. We are not his home. It's not that we chose Family....that might have been the only angle we had to play to in there.
It is what it is...we lost
Move the family to Miami.

Yeah, we got trolled in the sense that he told Miami he was coming. This happened with Scott too. Nothing we can do at this point but let the season unfold and let the staff go to work.
Was it really that he was just torn. Seems like he wanted OU all along but he also wanted to make his family happy. At the end, mom let him make his own decision.

Not sure which article this came from, but this was posted on another board.
1693151115006.jpeg

Clearly wants to be back in Oklahoma and mom/family was pushing Miami. He actually went against his family. Good luck to him will be a tough flip. He seems he wants to play in Oklahoma and go back home
If he was leaning Miami until a phone call during the game (just before half time), I don't see that he clearly wants to be in Oklahoma.

I find it amazing that the IMG coaches allowed a phone call to be routed to a player (and a star player at that) during a ball game. That's the sort of distraction you'd clearly not want. It's crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back