2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s clear he was going to pick Miami. He even admitted he was picking Miami until the last minute he changed his mind. **** near still picked up the Miami hat. He freaked out and picked up the Oklahoma hat. Let’s see if we win some games if Mario can flip him

Advertisement
We absolutely do. There’s no other option, but that’s not the way you build a team.
You also have to realize that this isn’t Mario’s style. He likes to get to know the kid.
He likes to establish relationships early in order to get to know the kid and his family to know what type of player he’s getting. Unless it’s some player that he recruited for a long time and now wants to play at Miami then I can see him doing it.

Unfortunately, he’s going to have to do it now.

This is starting to remind me a lot of the corner back recruiting with Rumph.

If I’m not mistaken, Mario offered Breland when he was in eighth grade and has known him and the family for a long time.
I just don’t see how he pulls an elite cali dt away from USC and Oregon.
If we can’t outbid Oklahoma we sure af ain’t outspending those 2 schools
According to comments in this thread, we did outbid Oklahoma.

There’s nothing to debate . He did lie. But that’s his right. Regardless it’s an L.
That man said family and education were his top two reasons for picking a school and then proceeded to pick OU!?!? This math isn't mathing 🤦🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

It’s clear he was going to pick Miami. He even admitted he was picking Miami until the last minute he changed his mind. **** near still picked up the Miami hat. He freaked out and picked up the Oklahoma hat. Let’s see if we win some games if Mario can flip him
He'll be flipped!

I still think it’s as simple as Mario and his pitch lost to Venable’s and his pitch. We chose family and they chose coming home. We lost. I think we had a strong $ offer and I think the family wanted us, but at the end of it they found the right pitch and we didn’t

Advertisement
Even if he ends up signing with Oklahoma I could see this kid coming to us via the portal. It's clear that his family wants to be in florida and once you start missing your family that becomes a powerful motivator for transferring.

When it's this close with a recruit, long before NSD, I prefer that they pick the other school first

Advertisement
Didn’t his teammate show Stone something on his cellphone on the sideline before halftime

If Miami is shocked about this decision there is a major disconnect somewhere and almost points to a lack of self awareness. They have been getting blindsided consistently but continue to chase these so called whales on the D-line. Mario is finding out that he isn’t as awesome at recruiting as he thinks.
Nonsense, he's an elite recruiter.

I've posted over a month ago, when the losses started happening that everyone was significantly underestimating the head winds that he is recruiting under. Now that we have a NIL game, we're seen as a threat. The only way to change the narrative is to turn it around on the field.

It's back to "us against the world".

Well @Cribby might not wanna explain it to you guys cause what's the point. Normally I wouldn't wanna bother either. But it's crazy how y'all want us to tell y'all about **** then the second something doesn't go through you don't understand nothing. It's just clearly nonsense. Y'all can't have both sides of the coin. If that's what it is then no need to ask for info period on stuff if it's just gonna be doubted. That dude goes far out his way to keep y'all in the loop and honestly he's one of the last ones left whos even still patient enough to tell y'all anything. Theres a reason myself and others just don't bother anymore. I'll tell y'all last night he told us he was on board AGAIN. Tonight all the way up until several minutes before half time we still were of the belief he was coming. It's why all the lil kids in the background had green on and there was the um sign even(I'm sure y'all will simply say that's just him trolling)well if you watched the game you see just leading into half time a kid runs up to him with his phone. He gets a confused look and starts texting. Then he starts talking with Ellis Hobbs and u see he clearly said I don't know what to do or what can I do then he shrugs his shoulders and looks confused as ****. Walks over to the tent to commit and pulls the ou hat while still looking shook and you see the kids and all the adults in the background trying to figure out what happened. Even his family still thought he was coming to us & it's why none of the adults had ou stuff on. But I understand how y'all will view that. @Cribby and I have had words before and we're nowhere near best friends. But we're good and I know what he tells y'all is legit. Be thankful somebody still tries to tell y'all what's going on. Tread lightly cause if you run him off too you gonna be sitting around just praying the bank opens more often. Unfortunately especially when it relates to how nil has changed the game up, things can change multiple times in a heartbeat. That's reality and it's just what it is. But y'all believe what you want and do u.
Thanks for sharing. Do you feel this is one is over?

Advertisement
Didn’t his teammate show Stone something on his cellphone on the sideline before halftime

Heard it was a phone call which I think a few here have confirmed. Not sure what took place but he was 100% picking Miami and something changed literally at the last second. He was celebrating Pattersons commitment earlier in the day on his Instagram. I think when he said he is going to shock the world he meant shock himself cause he freaked up and picked the home team last second

Can someone please translate this?

Ty
I was once at a town in Indiana and all they had was a Walmart , old projector movie house and a Mc Donald’s oh and a hospital maternity ward overloaded with teenagers pregnant.

I was expressing from what I posted earlier about mid American towns where the Stones of the world are raised.
So how they have to be pushed out of the nest , Stones mother almost had him doing the right thing but OU convinced him to stay in the Walmart world nest for there own benefit so at the last second it worked.
Stone to stay home in this world I explained , never knowing what’s outside a one way street.

Watch the Red River Shoot out this year and you’ll see a slaughter by Texas.

Huge mistake by Stone and he knows it now sad.

GOCANES

Advertisement
Jesus Christ @PIPO. Dats not a pause 😂
Happy Sausage Dog GIF by Unscreen

This year thats fair. The biggest difference is they had a much better feel last class versus this one. I think they’d tell you that.
As everyone plugged in keeps saying, we need to stop comparing last year's class to this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back