2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
That was a kick in the nuts. Unlike previous regimes, who wouldn't have even had us in the picture btw, we have the option of backfilling these misses in the portal. Optics suck, but landing "whale" DTs in recruiting is a dirty game but Mario will get it figured out. We'll see what it looks like in December but those portal back channels need to be worked now and through the season so we aren't left holding our johnson next year at the 2nd most important position.
I’ve said several times recently that we wouldn’t have even been in some of these players radars if not for Mario. He’s fishing for whales and going up against the big boys. When Mario gets his culture fully implemented and strings together a couple of wining seasons, he’ll start to win more recruiting battles like this one with Stone.

Additionally, there were several other factors involved with Stone including being torn between staying home and going away. Extremely tough decision for a 17 year old.

Advertisement
Nuts Sack GIF by DrSquatchSoapCo

White Cat GIF
Jesus Christ @PIPO. Dats not a pause 😂

Advertisement
That seems weird. LOL
What did we do to that dude?
Absolutely nothing. People just need to get their frustration out in some way or another, whether it’s made up lies or attacking Cribby of all people. It’s like they have to blame someone/something or come up with an excuse to rationalize an L…Despite it being in brutally and shockingly gut-wrenching fashion.

Just move on and focus on the season, this class is what it is until we show something on the field.

Haters don’t bother me , i don’t like leading anyone on ( pause ). I think we’ve seen enough that says things changed late but nobody cares about that. Just another example of why I say this stuff is wild as ****. Even up to the last second. Ill
mourn until 12 am lmao.
I smell ya (BIG PAUSE). Even the kid said he was gon pick up the Miami hat to make his family happy but he had to be selfish bc he wanted to go to OU

I get this is a tough decision. I get he may not have known until he grabbed the hat BUT you don’t start telling people before that you are committing somewhere when you aren’t planning to or don’t know. I don’t have an issue with him going back home but you don’t do that bull crap.

Advertisement
I’ve said several times recently that we wouldn’t have even been in some of these players radars if not for Mario. He’s fishing for whales and going up against the big boys. When Mario gets his culture fully implemented and strings together a couple of wining seasons, he’ll start to win more recruiting battles like this one with Stone.

Additionally, there were several other factors involved with Stone including being torn between staying home and going away. Extremely tough decision for a 17 year old.
The last two misses were to Ole Miss and Oklahoma post-Riley. Stewart was to South Carolina. It’s not like he is losing these guys to Bama, Georgia, etc. In isolation, Stone is what it is. A kid who wanted to stay home. Bigger picture there’s something not resonating and it isn’t going up against the heavyweights.

At the end of the day, he isn't a Cane.

Sucks to continue getting kicked in the ****, but we're kind of used to it.

The important question is who else are we actively recruiting at DT (enough of the ******* whales, Sea World is closed)?

Mario is still recruiting everybody and we still getting another elite DT or two to pair with Artavius before it’s all said and done.

Advertisement
i get your point- I feel for the kid on a tough decision. but as matter of actual definition he did in fact lie, even if not based in malice. That’s not a condition required.
View attachment 253237
I swear to god I sat here and thought “some ****head is gonna gimme a screenshot from websters because I said that”

I love this place 😂

/when I say ****head I mean it in a good way because it’s something I would do

He told his family and Miami he was coming here. It’s where they wanted him and it’s why they’re upset. But yeah , he’s going back home. Oh well.
And sometimes kids pick schools just to be opposite of their parents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back