2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I swear to god I sat here and thought “some ****head is gonna gimme a screenshot from websters because I said that”

I love this place 😂

/when I say ****head I mean it in a good way because it’s something I would do
12 years of following, you was gonna have an impact on me 😂

If he was leaning Miami until a phone call during the game (just before half time), I don't see that he clearly wants to be in Oklahoma.

I find it amazing that the IMG coaches allowed a phone call to be routed to a player (and a star player at that) during a ball game. That's the sort of distraction you'd clearly not want. It's crazy.
This was LIFO in action.

Google it lol

Advertisement
Advertisement
If he was leaning Miami until a phone call during the game (just before half time), I don't see that he clearly wants to be in Oklahoma.

I find it amazing that the IMG coaches allowed a phone call to be routed to a player (and a star player at that) during a ball game. That's the sort of distraction you'd clearly not want. It's crazy.
It could of been as simple as OU making the phone call giving a ball park figure close to what miami was offering. Works out perfectly doing it that late in the game.

If the kid wants to be at OU that badly, flipping him won't be good for him or for us. He won't give 100% if he comes here if he's not fully bought into being a Hurricane. If there's even a shred of the extreme homesickness he seems to be experiencing, it'll plague him the whole time. Remember, there's things that are bigger than football, and this is a 17-18 year old kid we're talking about. If we flip him, great, but I'd bet on him transferring to OU the next offseason. If OU is where he thinks he'll be the happiest, then all the best to him.

Advertisement
This is all bs.
You really think he came to some epiphany and realized he’s from Oklahoma and that his whole Family is there because of a Todd Bates phone call ? 😂

Y’all believe everything that comes out these kids mouths I swear.

As I posted earlier. He did all the things that all the previous trolls do and y’all should have seen it coming.

I wonder If Jackson was ****ed at him when he through up the U because Jackson knew he wasn’t coming. In fact, people were said his teammates at img were saying he’s all ou.

And again, stop with we will flip him later when we beat unc or some stupid sht.
According to fsu they’re flippin Jones, Trader, Patterson, from us and J Smith from Ohio State.

I assume these commitments have some stipulations. This isn’t McDonald’s Tennessee bags anymore. Dudes want results for the money they’re spending and I’m assure there are things in place to insure that kids don’t flip.
Nobody wants to be the rebel rags dude anymore and give a kid a bag with 15k so he can commit to another team on signing day.
That’s why there is a push to get these blue chippers in before the season starts. That way a coach doesn’t have to worry about keeping recruits during the season.
Let em know, my man 🤝

We need a DT to be drafted high and make some noise in college awards to have any credibility about who we can develop.

Time for Leonard Taylor to become a national story.
This would be a great thing on many levels.

Advertisement
Naw but in all seriousness though... How many times have our staff got played this cycle? Sheesh. Every miss it seems we're getting trolled or just "read the room wrong". Something's not right this year.

I think majority of it is in y’all heads and not reality

"I can't lie," said Stone, who is the No. 10 player in the nation. "Up until like three o'clock when (Sooners defensive tackles coach Todd) Bates called me, it was Miami. I already had the edit made. My family was all for it. I had a conversation with my mom and I asked her, 'Is it ok if I want to come back home?'

"She didn't really want me to come back home and I was fine making the sacrifice for her, and if it's not ok me coming home, I won't do it. The conversation came down to she wanted me to be happy and make my own decision and this is a big choice for me and I took her words to heart and went with my gut. I feel like I made the right decision."

However, he said even then there was some uncertainty in his mind.

"Honestly, even at the table, I was gonna reach for the Miami hat," he said. "I didn't want to play any games with nobody. I am a genuine person and I try to express my feelings the best way I can. Honestly, I was gonna pick up the Miami hat because I want my family to be happy, but I had to be selfish today. I wanted to go to OU."

There's been so many moms over the years that want the recruit to leave Miami, and the players usually abide. The one time mom wants a recruit to leave home and come to Miami, Stone doesn't follow thru lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back