2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s a word for these people: *****.

I never thought he was coming, but I certainly was hoping he was, and I’m not gonna act like a little ***** and start celebrating it because he didn’t come.

It’s obvious we have people that are only here for the misery and to rub it in when things go wrong.

And no, it’s not a shtick, they’re actually hating little *******.
These people are all addicted to being angry. They have no idea what to do with themselves when Miami and Mario are successful.

I’d wager most of them ride the Lane Train, or had been wanting the late Mike Leach as HC for years.

Advertisement
These people are all addicted to being angry. They have no idea what to do with themselves when Miami and Mario are successful.

I’d wager most of them ride the Lane Train, or had been wanting the late Mike Leach as HC for years.

Yeah, you got it. We're angry for no reason at all. Has nothing to do with 25 years of mediocre garbage on the field brought about by an admin who has a track record of giving zero ***** about football, and the hiring of trash coach after trash coach. Has nothing to do with the fact that we won 5 games last year, and haven't won a bowl game in recent memory. Has nothing to do with the fact that FSU and UF have classes that are far better than ours. The one thing Mario was supposed to be good at - recruiting - is losing to our biggest rivals.

No, it's just that we're unreasonable *****, addicted to being angry for no reason. We should just smile and clap and pay our money like good little fans.

I think you’re right.

You know if I’m being honest, I have to say I preferred Lane when there was a choice.

But I also understood the financial support that was being committed, and realized that to play the college game as it is TODAY, and to somehow get back to where we’re competitive in the upper tiers, we have to spend a **** load of money, not just on coaches, but obviously on players, facilities, and so forth.

And so I’m more optimistic about the overall commitment that I would be about any singular coach. But as long as he’s the coach, then I’m gonna focus on the possible positive outcomes rather than dwelling on the possible negative outcomes and either way, I don’t think we’re ever going back to the half *** commitment that we’ve had the last 20 years.

Just keeping my fingers crossed that Mario finds his mojo.

As far as this recruiting season, I’m not expecting anything great, I’m not giving the staff a pass, but at the same time, for whatever reason this has just not been our year, if we can sneak into the top 10 or 12 I’ll be more than happy with that the way things are going and hope he kills it next year in recruiting.

Fingers crossed on the season as well.

Yeah, you got it. We're angry for no reason at all. Has nothing to do with 25 years of mediocre garbage on the field brought about by an admin who has a track record of giving zero ***** about football, and the hiring of trash coach after trash coach. Has nothing to do with the fact that we won 5 games last year, and haven't won a bowl game in recent memory. Has nothing to do with the fact that FSU and UF have classes that are far better than ours. The one thing Mario was supposed to be good at - recruiting - is losing to our biggest rivals.

No, it's just that we're unreasonable *****, addicted to being angry for no reason. We should just smile and clap and pay our money like good little fans.

Right said Fred is throwing a hissy fit, his soy-boy see-through mesh shirt is too tight on him.

Advertisement

Morgan Creek Scarface GIF by Bitcoin & Crypto Creative Marketing
You too Mel, you ****ed up. **** You Mel

Last edited:
I think you’re right.

You know if I’m being honest, I have to say I preferred Lane when there was a choice.

But I also understood the financial support that was being committed, and realized that to play the college game as it is TODAY, and to somehow get back to where we’re competitive in the upper tiers, we have to spend a **** load of money, not just on coaches, but obviously on players, facilities, and so forth.

And so I’m more optimistic about the overall commitment that I would be about any singular coach. But as long as he’s the coach, then I’m gonna focus on the possible positive outcomes rather than dwelling on the possible negative outcomes and either way, I don’t think we’re ever going back to the half *** commitment that we’ve had the last 20 years.

Just keeping my fingers crossed that Mario finds his mojo.

As far as this recruiting season, I’m not expecting anything great, I’m not giving the staff a pass, but at the same time, for whatever reason this has just not been our year, if we can sneak into the top 10 or 12 I’ll be more than happy with that the way things are going and hope he kills it next year in recruiting.

Fingers crossed on the season as well.
Well said.

Nothing wrong with having preferred Lane or even Mike Leach. Layne certainly is a notable offensive coordinator with some success as a head coach. I do think much of his appeal is his personality and attitude blending with the Miami of old. Not a criticism either. Leach appealed to the notion ‘imagine what he could with elite athletes!’. I think the correct answer would’ve been very little because he was not known for recruiting and Miami has been at the point where it no longer recruits itself. Sad to say.

And you’re right, the level of commitment to rebuild the program came with Mario and no one else. Mario would not have come without that financial commitment. If I recall correctly, that would’ve meant retaining Manny Diaz. Blake had been fired, but I don’t know if Radakovich would’ve taken the AD position without the same level of commitment Mario demanded. For all we know, had Mario declined we would’ve been stuck with Manny and promoted Jen Strawley (or whatever her last name was). No Alonzo.

I have my own concerns about Mario. It’s amazing to me how long a job hire takes for him. I understand he wants to get to know the coach, but who in the **** at any other program takes that long? I think sometimes he may overthink himself. I also might be full of it.

I believe he has a vision for the program. I believe it will take longer to achieve that vision after the mistakes made last year. But last year is over and it’s time to move on to 2023. Despite the disappointments so far in this year’s recruiting cycle, Miami 2023 is more talented than any Miami team in the last decade or more. This recruiting circle is not over yet and if Miami were to manage 8, 9, or God willing 10 wins Mario very well may be able to flip a player or two he missed out on. Especially if the team the recruit is committed to endures a bad season. Mario flipped a several last cycle and the previous, and lost a few as well. It is the nature of recruiting in this modern era. In 2025 and beyond, I expect Mario to build the program stronger and stronger.

Advertisement
UGA just did it twice. IDGAF what anyone says Stetson was not considered CANT MISS coming out.

I mean, literally, the last two ships have been with a guy that was nothing but considered a journeyman when he was being recruited. And is still not considered any kind of an elite quarterback.

The Mississippi DT picked Ole Miss and the Oklahoma DT picked Oklahoma. You swing for the fences, sometimes you miss. The season has not been played. Coaches move, things happen. It's too early to quit and complain.
And the florida dt picked a florida school
Exactly we just lost him plain and simple
Not need to go all Wikileaks on this

A lot of people on here have gone full gator
They even have the gator flip machine going full throttle

Just take the L and move on
We should be used to it by now
It’s been going on since the portal opened after last season

We have jones and russel
1 the staff is really high on
2 the other should be ranked much higher

That’s 2 DTs commited
That is about right bc the last two years wasn’t personal for Mario so we only landed 1 dt
and neither was close to a whale
So maybe we should just reset our expectations

And the florida dt picked a florida school
Exactly we just lost him plain and simple
Not need to go all Wikileaks on this

A lot of people on here have gone full gator
They even have the gator flip machine going full throttle

Just take the L and move on
We should be used to it by now
It’s been going on since the portal opened after last season

We have jones and russel
1 the staff is really high on
2 the other should be ranked much higher

That’s 2 DTs commited
That is about right bc the last two years wasn’t personal for Mario so we only landed 1 dt
and neither was close to a whale
So maybe we should just reset our expectations
Are you a poet or something?

Advertisement
If he was leaning Miami until a phone call during the game (just before half time), I don't see that he clearly wants to be in Oklahoma.

I find it amazing that the IMG coaches allowed a phone call to be routed to a player (and a star player at that) during a ball game. That's the sort of distraction you'd clearly not want. It's crazy.
I am sure they didn’t allow it. He just did it

5 years is a little bit dramatic there bud. Losing to FIU was the worst loss. It’s not even close.
Wrong. Don’t let the same city/little brother relationship cloud your judgement. Manny was a rushed, first time HC hire and nobody serious thought he’d win anything important.

Mario was THE GUY. The $80 million dollar guy that symbolized Miami’s commitment to football and winning. The most expensive staff in the ACC he hired, was supposed to be the best of the best. He got blown out by a team in the same conference as FIU, blown out by your rival, boat raced by Duke, didn’t score a TD against UVA, etc. Mario took every negative connotation about himself as a HC, doubled down on it, and it blew up in his face.

There is no comparison to losing a single game to FIU with Manny Diaz as your HC, to what happened all season long last year.

Advertisement

His did you feel about last years class ?

Exactly so we build our roster until we can get the SO CALLED ELITE QB’s
The better question isn’t which teams won a national title without an elite quarterback, but which teams won the national title with only an elite quarterback?

Last edited:
Not a recruiting guy, I really only follow in the days leading up to a big announcement.

But it seems to me this one is far from over. OU can very easily have a really ****** year under Venables and there's no way Mario quits recruiting this guy right through signing day.

Long way to go here imo.
I’m sure you’re right, but it is a money thing when it is all said and done. We both had ****** years last year, he isn’t going there because they scared the playoffs…staying close to home with a matching or better offer is close to karma in the W/L column.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back