2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Tree trunks for legs. Want

editor_624edb91353f8-1-1024x523-5.png

“I feel like, for me, I want to be able to experience the school,” Stone told InsideTheU. “The behind the scenes things, see practice, the players, see the way they mingle with everybody because you don’t really get to see that when you’re in a big group of people. For me, if I feel like I enjoy the school, and I feel like there’s things I like about it, I feel like my parents will enjoy it too and I would try to get them out to a visit and see if they like the school as well. If they don’t like it, then I feel like I wont consider a school. I want them to be comfortable with me being away from home and I feel like that’s important part of me being a better player. I want them to feel like I’m in a safe environment and grow as a person and get the knowledge I need to accomplish my dreams.”

“I like the intensity of practice. Practice is at a high-tempo, high intensity type of establishment. I feel like the way they conducted things were at a high level. It felt like it was a game day. Everything was moving, flowing. The intensity of things was next level. I feel like if you practice like its game day every day, you have no choice but to get better,” Stone said.

Miami has been a school that Stone has strongly considered throughout the process, but he’s giving them the closest look of the process this weekend and next.

“Miami is a school I could definitely consider coming to,” Stone said. “I want to see what they can do what the [defensive] line they got. Their d-line seems to be pretty special. They got Rueben Bain and Jayden Wayne. That’s two guys I feel like are top level dudes. I feel like Rueben Bain is a top level pass rusher. He’s very good at what he does. Jayden Wayne as well. He’s got a lot of length to him and speed. That’s something they can use well on the EDGE. I want to see what they can do with those two. I feel like I got both of their games, so I feel like if they can use them at a high level then they can use me the same.”

Stone does want to see Ohio State. Tennessee as well. Florida and Alabama are two SEC schools he wants to see as well.

Michigan State has been one school that Stone has been tied to, but with two of his primary recruiters out of East Lansing, things may be fading with the Spartans.

“[BT Jordan], I talk to him pretty often. That’s my dude. I call him regularly to check up on him. [Marco Coleman] left too. I feel like that did kind of hurt. It felt not as bad because BT was there, but once BT left, the whole vibe was, to me, it just changed. It felt like the guys who were recruiting me there were no longer there, but I feel like I got a pretty good relationship with [Mel Tucker] and the rest of the staff. Those two losses, it hurts, but you got no choice but to keep going.”

Interesting comments at the end about Michigan St. it’s what’s so great about Mario’s recruiting style. If position coaches leave it’s not the end of the road when it comes to relationships because Mario is still going to be there.

Seems like we will have to hold off someone like Bama down the road but things sound good.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This recruitment is interesting... I was reading around the OU board this morning. They seem comfortable he's going to commit to them.. They have a few DL guys that their 247 mod seems to be pumping pretty positive news- No mention at all recently of his multiple visits to Miami...
This seems to be the take on him with regard to his visits to other schools:

"Dudes a sooner. He is just gaining followers so he has more leverage for additional NIL beyond the baseline"

This from the OU 247 writer on March 17th:

Stone has long spoken about his relationship with the Sooners staff, and most specifically, defensive line coach Todd Bates. His time in Norman and visiting the Sooners has been far greater than anyone else. Stone even has told myself and other media members about that fact. He specifically has echoed that to me and said, "I spend so much time at OU when I am home on breaks with my sister going to school there and me staying with her," the five-star has said over and over. "I just don't tweet about it or post about it on social media because it would be a lot compared to some others. That time has also helped build a really strong bond with Coach Venables, Coach Bates and Coach [Miguel] Chavis. I feel really comfortable around them."

Stone has several family members that would love him to be in Norman for his college career and a few people around him that would like him out of state, so there is a pull on both sides of his recruitment. That said, Stone has always shown a different feel toward the Sooners and has admitted that he has tried to or had intentions on committing to OU two or three different occasions . (see below for his quote ) Things have gotten in the way of that, but Stone has always come back around to OU throughout his recruitment. That has those in Norman still very confident in where things stand at this time.

Because of that, I still like the Sooners to be the team to beat until there is definitive reason not to feel that way about the five-star and his upcoming big decision in late summer/early fall.

PRIOR QUOTE REGARDING A COMMITTMENT : "Once upon a time I felt I was about to commit there (OU). Things happened. Things changed. (Coach Bates) kept the love there and then I was going to commit again, but my mom wouldn't let me," Stone said about OU and Coach Bates. "I feel like I am able to share that. I feel like me and (OU) are still very tight to this day. It feels like if I am to ever commit to (OU), it would be because of (Coach Todd Bates)."

Advertisement
"Dudes a sooner. He is just gaining followers so he has more leverage for additional NIL beyond the baseline"
this is an interesting take that's worth considering.. but not because of social media followers....

Stone lives in Florida. Miami is probably the most well known school for NIL in the country.. even flirting with us will increase his offers from all other programs...

not saying he's not interested but it'll definitely happen with how public our NIL platform has become (not the figures necessarily, but just our aggressiveness)

I bet it’s not high. Amazing when you get away from home for more than a weekend and realize there is so much more out there

You’d also want to know where the kids are coming from?

Them not signing with their hometown at a high rate isn’t particularly meaningful if so much of them are coming from New Jersey or Las Vegas or Washington or Wisconsin or something, and are now high 4* and 5* recruits with offers from Bama, UGA, OSU, etc.

The interesting stat would be the high ranking IMG recruit from GA or TX or some place like that. How often are they signing with UGA or UT or A&M?

As that is also probably most relevant to Stone.

Advertisement
You’d also want to know where the kids are coming from?

Them not signing with their hometown at a high rate isn’t particularly meaningful if so much of them are coming from New Jersey or Las Vegas or Washington or Wisconsin or something, and are now high 4* and 5* recruits with offers from Bama, UGA, OSU, etc.

The interesting stat would be the high ranking IMG recruit from GA or TX or some place like that. How often are they signing with UGA or UT or A&M?

As that is also probably most relevant to Stone.
It seems a lot of the img guys are from the type of states you mentioned first. I only went back to 2020 but the guys from places like cali or texas they aren’t going back home

No inside info. But this kid feels all Canes right now. I'm not superstitious, so feel I will put it out there that I think he's ours to lose.

He def feels all sooner on social, just feels like a matter of time before he commits to them. But with him being at IMG, some teammates at the U, and NIL.. you never know. Just need to keep chipping away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back