2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Stone at IMG Pro Day

That’s one more school I gotta get to. I’ve got teammates (from IMG Academy) there. I know they love it, so I feel like I love it, too

Advertisement
Advertisement
Just listened to Navarro and he said that that Gabby asked Stone if he ever had a conversation with Jason Taylor. The kid had not idea who he was.

Well if you’re watching:

Can someone summarize?

Frequent communication with UM.

Could see himself in Miami.

Loves our fans.

Looking to visit.

Wants to see how this season goes for the IMG kids at UM.

His strongest relationship among our staff is with Mario:

“Coach Cristobal is my guy,” Stone said. “Just the way that he wants to use me as a player and the things he has planned for me and my family outside of football. The things he and the staff have planned for me are second to none.”

Relationship with position coach will be important.

Last edited:
Advertisement
247 visit update

Stone and the rest of the CA Power group will visit USC later today. A few other schools Stone mentioned that are prioritizing him and could get visits later in the year included LSU, Miami and Oklahoma.
---
Miami- “Miami has been on me really hard. I don’t talk about them a lot but they’re definitely in the mix for sure. My mom really wants to visit so that’s something I’m planning to do. I’ve been there twice, I went to the Florida State game and visited last Spring too. I’m building a good relationship with the coaches so don’t sleep on Miami right now, they could definitely sneak in there.’

---
Miami- “Miami has been on me really hard. I don’t talk about them a lot but they’re definitely in the mix for sure. My mom really wants to visit so that’s something I’m planning to do. I’ve been there twice, I went to the Florida State game and visited last Spring too. I’m building a good relationship with the coaches so don’t sleep on Miami right now, they could definitely sneak in there.’
Doesn't sound like we're in a good position here. On the positive side, mom appears to be an advocate.

Advertisement
Kids often commit to Mario out of the blue or visit with no leaks prior, so maybe that's how both sides want to treat this recruitment. I thought we were nowhere with Dylan Stewart until his visit leaked. And if it didn't leak, I'd still think we were nowhere.
I don’t even worry about recruiting I know on a bad year we will finish in the top ten. I agree. They keep things in house. Just interested to see the names and if we fill problem areas

Kids often commit to Mario out of the blue or visit with no leaks prior, so maybe that's how both sides want to treat this recruitment. I thought we were nowhere with Dylan Stewart until his visit leaked. And if it didn't leak, I'd still think we were nowhere.
OU definitely looks like the early favorite here. MSU losing that assistant to the NFL should hurt their chances and essentially boosting us. Gotta hope Mom falls in llove with the campus, we've been screwed by enough mothers, hopefully this one becomes an ally.

IMO, how the IMG kids develop will be important here. Mom wanting to visit plus former teammates plus Mario's recruiting gives us a legit shot. I get he's from Oklahoma. But he's already playing in Florida, so he's clearly willing to go where he believes he'll do best.

Advertisement
IMO, how the IMG kids develop will be important here. Mom wanting to visit plus former teammates plus Mario's recruiting gives us a legit shot. I get he's from Oklahoma. But he's already playing in Florida, so he's clearly willing to go where he believes he'll do best.
This recruitment will be a long game, just stay involved and if our on field product is respectable this year we can definitely steal him.

The next two weekends, IMG Academy five-star defensive lineman David Stone will be on a college visit. To the same school. The blue-chipper tells 247Sports he'll be at Miami this weekend and the next. "Miami has always been a special program and I feel like what the 23 class they brought in, they look like they can do something special here soon," Stone said. The Hurricanes are battling the likes of Oklahoma, Michigan State, Texas A&M, LSU, Ohio State, Wisconsin, USC and Arkansas among others. 247Sports ranks the 6-foot-4, 270-pound Stone as the nation's No. 2 defensive lineman and No. 7 prospect overall.

Doesn't sound like we're in a good position here. On the positive side, mom appears to be an advocate.

college gameday sport GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back