2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why doesn’t Oklahoma need to prove it and have a monster season to get studs? They went 6-7 last year and lost 1 billion to 0 against their biggest rival, yet still beat us last year in overall recruiting ranking with a first time HC. They are about to do it again. Their coaching staff doesn’t have a proven track record and our NIL is likely at least comparable. What gives?
Per CIS we have a NIL buget and maybe Okie doke does not??

Advertisement
After 1 min of googling:

Went back to 2010. He'd be 5. Reasonable age to start having impressions from a CFB team.

10 win seasons - OU -10; Miami - 1
Conference titles - OU - 8; Miami - 0
Top 10 Final rank - OU - 9; Miami - 1
CFP appearances - OU - 4; Miami - 0

**List doesn't include several Sugar Bowls**

Reason #5, Brent has pumped the NFL full of 1st & 2nd round defensive guys along the Def Line.

Advertisement
He's going to Oklahoma.
Awkward Jay Z GIF by Complex

We need to get Jones and Breland. It should be obvious how many positives would be achieved with Jones, and Breland is an excellent player. DT is a position of great need.

The rest of the DTs are a crap shoot in terms of signing (except Stone, he's going to OU), and in my opinion, don't have the same upside.

The DEs are all crap shoot recruitint battles.

Advertisement
This class is either going to be top 5 or in the 20s-30s. Too many national writers saying all these kids are leaning elsewhere but Miami insiders saying the opposite.

History suggests we're going to be the one's being laughed at come December but Mario is flipping that script so I have no idea.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if we fall flat on our face and wouldn't be surprised if we're laughing at everyone else while we've got 4-6 5 stars committed. No idea where it actually falls. If we are legitimately in play and leading for all these guys right now, I do think a big domino needs to fall for Miami ASAP to get the others rolling or it all might fade away regardless of how the staff feels. It changes too quickly.

Why doesn’t Oklahoma need to prove it and have a monster season to get studs? They went 6-7 last year and lost 1 billion to 0 against their biggest rival, yet still beat us last year in overall recruiting ranking with a first time HC. They are about to do it again. Their coaching staff doesn’t have a proven track record and our NIL is likely at least comparable. What gives?
What your questioning makes sense 100% when you look at it simply based on last year's on-field performance. The thing is Brent Venables has a proven track record of producing 1st rounders on the Dline. Mario, Joe and JT doesn’t. We're selling immediate playing but what do you think Venables is selling? The same **** thing bro. Their defense needs an infusion of talent on all 3 levels. Venables can sell immediate playing time too.

Also, Venables can now also sell playing against the best competition in the SEC.

Advertisement
We need to get Jones and Breland. It should be obvious how many positives would be achieved with Jones, and Breland is an excellent player. DT is a position of great need.

The rest of the DTs are a crap shoot in terms of signing (except Stone, he's going to OU), and in my opinion, don't have the same upside.

The DEs are all crap shoot recruitint battles.
Everyone has their own opinions of what would make this Dline class elite. For me, it involves the following:

DT
- 2 five stars/borderline five star-caliber players (essentially, two of Breland, Scott, Stone, Franklin)
- Artavius Jones Or LJ McCray (if both want in, phenomenal)
- Jayden Jackson or Kendall Jackson

DE
- 1 Elite Pass Rusher (Stewart or Simmons)
- 1 other stud (Lightfoot, Rudolph, Gilmore)

DT is more interchangeable. For instance, if we’re so fortunate to land Breland, Scott and Franklin, and Artavius is 4 with Russell bringing up the rear, that’s unreal. If we land both McCray and Jones along with Breland (for example), I’m cool with that all day. I feel sneaky good about Franklin though and see him as a guy that can play both inside and rushing off the edge in certain packages. That’s a scary dude off the edge.

DE seems to be a little smaller of a board.

This class is either going to be top 5 or in the 20s-30s. Too many national writers saying all these kids are leaning elsewhere but Miami insiders saying the opposite.

History suggests we're going to be the one's being laughed at come December but Mario is flipping that script so I have no idea.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if we fall flat on our face and wouldn't be surprised if we're laughing at everyone else while we've got 4-6 5 stars committed. No idea where it actually falls. If we are legitimately in play and leading for all these guys right now, I do think a big domino needs to fall for Miami ASAP to get the others rolling or it all might fade away regardless of how the staff feels. It changes too quickly.
Not a betting man but I would bet my money more on Mario's history than Miami's in the last 15 years.

7 wins or less we'll be in the 20s-30s.
8 wins or more we'll land a top ten class.
10 wins or more we'll land a top 5 class.

Winning dictates recruiting.

Advertisement

I do believe that if we finish outside the top 20 something went terribly terribly wrong. We can most definitely miss on most of these elite players but if we do in fact have a healthy NIL bag then Mario ends up bagging at least a couple where we overpay and we land at least top 20. I still believe we get a top 10 class.

7 wins or less we'll be in the 20s-30s.
8 wins or more we'll land a top ten class.
10 wins or more we'll land a top 5 class.

Winning dictates recruiting.

Not saying you both are wrong because I can totally see it with a lackluster July and a mediocre season, but I have a small problem with this.

Again, Mario was hired to bring in elite players, arguably more so then his actual coaching success. If we’re bringing in 20th ranked classes in Year 2…oh boy. This place is going to be Armageddon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back