2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
This class is either going to be top 5 or in the 20s-30s. Too many national writers saying all these kids are leaning elsewhere but Miami insiders saying the opposite.

History suggests we're going to be the one's being laughed at come December but Mario is flipping that script so I have no idea.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if we fall flat on our face and wouldn't be surprised if we're laughing at everyone else while we've got 4-6 5 stars committed. No idea where it actually falls. If we are legitimately in play and leading for all these guys right now, I do think a big domino needs to fall for Miami ASAP to get the others rolling or it all might fade away regardless of how the staff feels. It changes too quickly.
We’ll know exactly what direction things are headed in a month. It’ll tell the story good or bad. Then the season could carry the possible momentum into a really good finish. That’s if July is what we hope. I still don’t see the 20’s happening. 10-15 is as bad as I could see. Just because I know how Mario recruits. I said 5-7 last year and I think that’s the ceiling this year.

Advertisement
Not saying you both are wrong because I can totally see it, but I have a small problem with this.

Again, Mario was hired to bring in elite players. If we’re bringing in 20th ranked classes in Year 2…oh boy. This place is going to be Armageddon.
It would set us back and completely negate the 23 class. I don’t see it happening.

We’ll know exactly what direction things are headed in a month. It’ll tell the story good or bad. Then the season could carry the possible momentum into a really good finish. That’s if July is what we hope. I still don’t see the 20’s happening. 10-15 is as bad as I could see. Just because I know how Mario recruits. I said 5-7 last year and I think that’s the ceiling this year.
In Cribby We Trust.

Advertisement
Not a betting man but I would bet my money more on Mario's history than Miami's in the last 15 years.
That's where I lean as well. Still doesn't explain much of the rest of college football big hitters getting commitments from top targets and Miami not getting them. I'm not worried at all... yet. But once we make it to late July and nothing has started rolling in... I would be asking questions and would hope the board (primarily DL) gets reshuffled because they're not coming.

I think I posted it a few weeks ago.. they "expected" 6 new commits (at that point in time who they had got some confirmation on) from mid-June to the end of July. 4 of them 4 star or higher. 2 3 stars. Lofton was one of them and Riley was one of them. Mack was one of them. One of the 3 stars committed elsewhere.

Means there are 2 more 4-5 stars they have "silent". If that doesn't hold I'd say the panic button starts scrambling. Especially because the other 2 are priority and they've assumed were locked in and narrowed their board because they were locked in. Doesn't include either TE I've seen rumored as of late either.

That's where I lean as well. Still doesn't explain much of the rest of college football big hitters getting commitments from top targets and Miami not getting them. I'm not worried at all... yet. But once we make it to late July and nothing has started rolling in... I would be asking questions and would hope the board (primarily DL) gets reshuffled because they're not coming.

I think I posted it a few weeks ago.. they "expected" 6 new commits (at that point in time who they had got some confirmation on) from mid-June to the end of July. 4 of them 4 star or higher. 2 3 stars. Lofton was one of them and Riley was one of them. Mack was one of them. One of the 3 stars committed elsewhere.

Means there are 2 more 4-5 stars they have "silent". If that doesn't hold I'd say the panic button starts scrambling. Especially because the other 2 are priority and they've assumed were locked in and narrowed their board because they were locked in. Doesn't include either TE I've seen rumored as of late either.
Would like to point out that the biggest national guy in Wilfong believes we get a top 10 class. Wonder who the 3 star was, initial thought was Ionata but that doesn’t fit the timeline.

Advertisement

Think I can piece together the names from what you’ve alluded to (both the expected silents and the one committed elsewhere).

If you can answer this question in general terms - What’s the real vibe on Jason Taylor? He’s considered a god on here + Twitter because of his resume and pedigree, but do recruits truly love him? Or are they more starstruck because they’re being heavily sought-after by a dude with a Gold Jacket and refuse to say anything except glowingly positive remarks?

I only ask this because the DE board seems a bit muddy at the moment besides 3-4 names, which either means we feel good on certain guys, or we’re still weeding through some names.

I think someone like Franklin is truly interested in playing under him, but was curious about the general consensus.

In Cribby We Trust.
I think the hype for June was taken as big commit month even though it was a big visit month. I was talking with @Lance Roffers about this when all the writers were hyping it up. I was like “ you know people are expecting big commits left and right now“? lol. The expectations unintentionally were built to an extreme level based off visits and recruiting site articles.

Now if we leave July with no momentum and the summer starts drawing to an end I’ll get nervous. As for how good this class finishes will be determined by the season. There needs to be progress shown where kids will buy into what Mario is selling.

Last edited:
I think the hype for June was taken as big commit month even though it was a big visit month. I was talking with @Lance Roffers about this when all the writers were hyping it up. I was like “ you know people are now expecting big commits left and right now“? lol. The expectations unintentionally were built to an extreme level based off visits and recruiting site articles.

Now if we leave July with no momentum and the summer starts drawing to an end I’ll get nervous. As for how good this class finishes will be determined by the season. There needs to be progress shown where kids will buy into what Mario is selling.
I mean really think this roster is pretty talented top to bottom. Especially with the portal additions. Obviously with 2 new coordinators you never know but I think Guidry is gonna keep us in games. Theres some studs on that side of the ball at each level now.

Advertisement
Had a mild heart attack. Thought you meant a 5-7 record.

I mean really think this roster is pretty talented top to bottom. Especially with the portal additions. Obviously with 2 new coordinators you never know but I think Guidry is gonna keep us in games. Theres some studs on that side of the ball at each level now.
Guidry is a scheme guy that’ll make the defense instantly better. It’s an awkward scheme to prepare for and will cause plenty of confusion in the pre snap. It’ll be like playing point guard in a D’Antoni offense. DL and edge players will steal sacks and Tfl’s.

Advertisement
No chance. We win 5 games it aint gonna be top 5 D. Cmon now lol
The right kind of 8 wins gets us Top 10. If it doesn’t, something is wrong with our NIL game.

FWIW, Vegas is showing us respect even with a win total at 7.5.

We are 6.5 pt dogs to A&M and 10 pt dogs to Clemson. FSU opened north of 17 pt faves but that’s down to 16.5.

Mario knows how important it is to produce success on the field this year. I think 8 wins is something that has to occur, and will. Hopefully, it’s the right kind of 8 wins that has at worst one game that gets away from us.

Guidry is a scheme guy that’ll make the defense instantly better. It’s an awkward scheme to prepare for and will cause plenty of confusion in the pre snap. It’ll be like playing point guard in a D’Antoni offense. DL and edge players will steal sacks and Tfl’s.
That D Antoni analogy made my eye brows go up. Well played.

8 wins gets us Into top 5 imo
You may be right but I don't see it. Lol

Most teams that land top 5 classes win and tend to win a lot. Lookm at USC, UGA, Bama, OSU, etc. Outside of schools based in Texas( Texas A&M and UT). You have to win to get into the top 5. 10 wins would give us a better chance of getting in than 8 wins would.

8 wins gets us a surprise or two on ESD but 10 wins will have us in the thick of it when it's time to close. Mario would be recruiting in a position of advantage. That's a dangerous Mario.

Why doesn’t Oklahoma need to prove it and have a monster season to get studs? They went 6-7 last year and lost 1 billion to 0 against their biggest rival, yet still beat us last year in overall recruiting ranking with a first time HC. They are about to do it again. Their coaching staff doesn’t have a proven track record and our NIL is likely at least comparable. What gives?
bc theyve been nationally relevant yearly under stoops and riley. odds are they know how to hire and put a bit more stock into OU hitting another hire right w Venebles. miami just hasnt been any good in so long. this was literally one of their few down seasons and this came off of losing their starting QB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back