DL class could be one of the best.

Both if you know jethro secretly interviewed for the OU job and that Golden supposedly found out during a Radio interview with WQAM, but played it off. This dude knows the writing is on the wall and has put out numerous feelers. There have been numorous threads about this all spring.

Paranos, you have ALOT of cred around here... I really enjoy your posts. God I hope you are right! I havent been impressed with Jethro at all and Patrick would be an excellent hire. IMO, Loyality is the only reason he's still here and if he's been 'creeping around', then its time to so him the door.

Paranos has ALOT of cred around here? I'm 8 years old and when did this happen?

Advertisement
I think it's fair to say last year Golden messed up by not having backup options.

Not this time.

Yes and no. I think Golden underestimated just how shady the SoFla recruiting is and how diva-esque a lot of the prospects are. To his credit, he has shown to be a quick learner/adapter/improver, and has a plan in place, which is why I think we need to give him the time he needs.

Also, it was mentioned that they self-imposed limitations on in-home visits and things like that, so they couldn't "show the recruits the love" like they all demand. This year is night and day compared to last, and once this NCAA cloud clears so Coach can go full blast, I think we're in for a treat.

Advertisement
We have Stuckey and Jenkins right now.
But we are still in the running for many top DL.

Thomas Holley
Khairi Clark
Anthony Moten
Travonte Valentine
Justin Jones
Abu Lamin
Taylor Timmons
Chad Thomas
Rohan Blackwood
Grant Harris
Kentavious Street
Julio DeRosier
Davonte Lambert
Jeremiah Clarke
Kevin Bronson
Cory Johnson
Michael Sawyer

If we can get 2-3 of the above plus mike smith. I think we are in good shape on the DL.

You would think...

I think it's fair to say last year Golden messed up by not having backup options.

Not this time.

Yes and no. I think Golden underestimated just how shady the SoFla recruiting is and how diva-esque a lot of the prospects are. To his credit, he has shown to be a quick learner/adapter/improver, and has a plan in place, which is why I think we need to give him the time he needs.

Also, it was mentioned that they self-imposed limitations on in-home visits and things like that, so they couldn't "show the recruits the love" like they all demand. This year is night and day compared to last, and once this NCAA cloud clears so Coach can go full blast, I think we're in for a treat.

What Golden has done up to now with the NCAA cloud hanging over us is a miracle. Instead of focusing in on the ONE negative, focus in on all the positives.

Andrew Brown committed to UVA as expected today.

Wonder how UVA was able to keep him from going SEC? If you listen to some on this board, that's impossible.

Only Miami fans gets to use the SEC excuse.

It's so funny how most on here jerk off to Golden saying are we not supposed to beat the SEC down here but then turn around and use the SEC as an excuse for losing kids.

Advertisement
Andrew Brown committed to UVA as expected today.

Wonder how UVA was able to keep him from going SEC? If you listen to some on this board, that's impossible.

Same way they got Quin Blanding, those are the rare kids that wanted to stay home. Im glad they went to UVA the ACC continues to get stronger.

For the next 5 years the Atlantic will be a race between FSU, Clemson, and Louisville. The coastal is still stronger. With Miami, GT, VT, and UNC looking like the contenders for our division over the next 5 years.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back