DL class could be one of the best.

motorcitycane

Senior
We have Stuckey and Jenkins right now.
But we are still in the running for many top DL.

Thomas Holley
Khairi Clark
Anthony Moten
Travonte Valentine
Justin Jones
Abu Lamin
Taylor Timmons
Chad Thomas
Rohan Blackwood
Grant Harris
Kentavious Street
Julio DeRosier
Davonte Lambert
Jeremiah Clarke
Kevin Bronson
Cory Johnson
Michael Sawyer

If we can get 2-3 of the above plus mike smith. I think we are in good shape on the DL.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think it's fair to say last year Golden messed up by not having backup options.

Not this time.

-Kentavious Street & Justin Jones could be sweet OOS guys to land
-Chad Thomas & Kevin Bronson ehh give me one of the two
-Thomas Holley, Khairi Clark, & Lamont Gaillard 1 maybe 2 at best
-Travonte Valentine is a must if he can qualify
- mike smith i want to see how good he is at LB before i count him with these guys

Advertisement
The OP left out some key targets which I think we almost certainly land; micheal Sawyer ( corn elders best friend) and Cory Johnson( as a late 2013 addition).

Paranos, it appears Cory Johnson - who would be a great late addition, is a PennSt lean. You really believe he comes here? Distance/family seems to be high for this kid. Hope we land him.

-Kentavious Street & Justin Jones could be sweet OOS guys to land
-Chad Thomas & Kevin Bronson ehh give me one of the two
-Thomas Holley, Khairi Clark, & Lamont Gaillard 1 maybe 2 at best
-Travonte Valentine is a must if he can qualify
- mike smith i want to see how good he is at LB before i count him with these guys

Kevin Bronson is not even in the same league as Chad Thomas. There's nothing"ehh" about Thomas. He is a big-time prospect who has potential to be an NFL 1st rounder in four years.

Paranos, it appears Cory Johnson - who would be a great late addition, is a PennSt lean. You really believe he comes here? Distance/family seems to be high for this kid. Hope we land him.

I see where you could get that idea based on this article,
http://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/index.ssf/2013/06/penn_state_prospect_cory_johns.html

But he mentions about cutting the bad elements out of his life, well heading to UM covers that. Not to mention UM will pitt twice in PA over the next 3yrs, same with VA tech and UVA all within driving distance plus the game in toledo, oh . Not to mention he can come down to UM, for a few.

The relationship he has with AG and staff will win out, aided by UM's small class size.

Advertisement
Mike Smith is too small to play DE and nothing he's shown thus far leads me to believe he could play OLB for us.(Coverage skills)

Feel better about this year than last. Can't believe we got goose egged at DT. Glad we're making Juco DT's such a priority, it will take 2-3 years to get this right. I like out DT's next year if we can stay healthy, Porter Pierre and Robinson are more than competent theres just NOBODY behind them and we lose 2.

Lamont galliard and clark are at the top of my wishlist. Need to add at least 1 more impact juco dt also.

Scratch Galliard he's going to UGA but Cory Johnson and Golden have a good connection from Temple i think he commits next..

Advertisement
Scratch Galliard he's going to UGA but Cory Johnson and Golden have a good connection from Temple i think he commits next..

That'd really suck with Galliard. He's the best of the bunch IMO. Doesn't 1 of his coaches post here? Who says he's a Uga lock?

That'd really suck with Galliard. He's the best of the bunch IMO. Doesn't 1 of his coaches post here? Who says he's a Uga lock?
His coach does post here. He said we were late to the party and UGA has big lead right now. He said we have a lot of ground to make up.

He also said he's trying to raise money to get Gaillard and his teammate, Harold Landry down for a visit.

Advertisement
Mike Smith is too small to play DE and nothing he's shown thus far leads me to believe he could play OLB for us.(Coverage skills)

If your talking about just his game film, then 'YES'. But if your talking about overall athleticism, he could play SLB. I dont see Smith as a day 1 starter but he's definitely has potential to be a baller

Advertisement
Back