Dj (the Cali one) at RB?

Advertisement
HO-LEE ****! This thread is priceless. There is dumb and then there is the commentary in this thread. Where's Hamburgerhipster? Maybe he can throw some Bielema gas on the stoopit fire...the offseason is "special" around these parts.

Go Canes!

I would still love to see Norton at Fullback. Don't care if Macho man would put him on his gameboy video game ***. Your not intimidating anyone on a keyboard my friend. Most LB's are not going to plug that hole short yardage. Many of the spread LB's these days are pretty light. As for DJ at RB short yardage I say give it a try.

I would still love to see Norton at Fullback. Don't care if Macho man would put him on his gameboy video game ***. Your not intimidating anyone on a keyboard my friend. Most LB's are not going to plug that hole short yardage. Many of the spread LB's these days are pretty light. As for DJ at RB short yardage I say give it a try.

Why not exclusively recruit OL from now on since size is obviously the only factor in gaining yardage?

I understand leverage. Your point makes sense. A bowling ball FB is ideal. However, I stated that we didn't have a true FB on the roster and I was referring to using DJ and Kendrick for goal line and short yardage only.

Herndon has lined up in the backfield many times and he is 6'4. I do believe offensive linemen still block LBs at the 2nd level. So, what's the difference if a 6'5 OL or a 6'5 FB blocks the LB?

I like Norton at goal line FB because he is quick, plays with good leverage, and is nasty. I think DJ had mentioned playing some RB. Again, I said only use him on goal line and short yardage in the "heavy" package. On goal line plays in the "heavy" package, there will not be any CBs in the game. Because of the short yardage situation, there is little worry about anyone going for his knees especially with the FB blocking for him. So, injury rick is low.

I think it's ok to think outside the box.

I don't have a problem with a guy like Norton at Fullback for short yardage situations. The blasphemy comes from people saying that 6'5" 240lb DJ would make a good RB/FB.

There's no benefit in having a 6'5" 240lb guy lead blocking for you on ISO when you can have a 5'11" 240lb guy do it. 87% of the time that 5'11" guy is going to pack more punch.

And there's no point in using DJ in the same role that Herndon in the backfield. Just use Herndon. LOL

Advertisement

Not trying to intimidate anybody, beta male. Just speaking from a LB's perspective, if you put a 6'5" 240lb Fullback in front of me I'd feel a lot better about taking on ISO than if you put a 5'11" 240lb guy there.

Walton will be busy in his last year at the U. As long as he holds on to the ball, Homer should be a fine backup, especially behind an improved OL. People on this site have been calling for Choc to get the ball for the last couple years. It's time for him to contribute, again behind an improved OL. And then there is is Perry. If he gets the QB job, he might be good for 50 rushing yards per game. If Perry is the real deal, opposing defenses will be so gassed and nervous about the gifted WRs/TEs that even Burns might flash some.

Advertisement
Back