Dj (the Cali one) at RB?

Advertisement
Not interesting. Not gunna happen.
We have Walton and Homer.
Burns and choc will be healthy by the start of the season.
Deejay dallas is next in line if all those guys magically couldnt play.
RB is not an issue Richt needs to spend even a second of his time on. Get Perry ready to play, I dont want to see him doing anything other than that

:babyface:

I would only put him in at fullback for goal line and short yardage plays if we don't have a capable FB on the roster. This kid is too special to be messing around with him at RB.

I think CMR believes we are so deep at DE and this kid is so athletic that we need to get him on the field as much as possible.to

I fully expect DJ to be on special teams as well as get some playing time in his freshman year. Can you imagine a kickoff or punt returner staring down at this 250 lbs monster who runs sub 11 in the 100 meters? Scary!!!!

Also, would love to see Kendrick Norton at FB on goal line situations blowing up LBs and DEs.

Advertisement
You can not coach size and speed ratio. When you need 2 yards and everyone in the stadium knows you need 2 yards you put in the the big guy. Why do some of you make football so complicated? 8 man players play both ways. You saying DJ could only play DE in8 man high school ball? Peppers at Michigan was utilized in a verity of ways. Why not one of our best athletes?

While we are at it Norton is going in at Fullback for that short yardage package and he might get carries also. What do you think DC's around the ACC would do if they saw that on film once? Then you run it a few times and then boom fake the handoff and throw to the TE wide open up the middle. This one package would force DC's to plan for Days for one or 2 potential plays. Leaves DC's less planning for our bread and butter. And you know nothing fires a team up more when they all see the Buffalo package come into the game.

There is also talk of trying out NKosi at nose tackle and Harley at middle linebacker. Might also give Jeff Thomas reps at center.

I totally agree, but I wouldn't show it until the FSU game.

****, bring in an "all big boy" package. 2 TEs, 2 extra Tackles (no WRs) Norton at FB, and DJ at RB. Ram that shtt down FSU's *** a few times for 1st downs and TDs, then run play action off of it!!!! This is what Stanford does on goal line and short yardage. They just use their regular RB though.

I'm totally serious on this. Gotta make this suggestion to CMR.

You can not coach size and speed ratio. When you need 2 yards and everyone in the stadium knows you need 2 yards you put in the the big guy. Why do some of you make football so complicated? 8 man players play both ways. You saying DJ could only play DE in8 man high school ball? Peppers at Michigan was utilized in a verity of ways. Why not one of our best athletes?

While we are at it Norton is going in at Fullback for that short yardage package and he might get carries also. What do you think DC's around the ACC would do if they saw that on film once? Then you run it a few times and then boom fake the handoff and throw to the TE wide open up the middle. This one package would force DC's to plan for Days for one or 2 potential plays. Leaves DC's less planning for our bread and butter. And you know nothing fires a team up more when they all see the Buffalo package come into the game.

LOL

Advertisement
I would only put him in at fullback for goal line and short yardage plays if we don't have a capable FB on the roster. This kid is too special to be messing around with him at RB.

I think CMR believes we are so deep at DE and this kid is so athletic that we need to get him on the field as much as possible.to

I fully expect DJ to be on special teams as well as get some playing time in his freshman year. Can you imagine a kickoff or punt returner staring down at this 250 lbs monster who runs sub 11 in the 100 meters? Scary!!!!

Also, would love to see Kendrick Norton at FB on goal line situations blowing up LBs and DEs.

I wish a MF'ing 6'5" Fullback would come through the hole when I was playing LB.

Football has been around forever and there's never been a 6'5" 240lb Fullback. You don't wonder why?

Pretty sure Norton is not 6'5.

And tell us what you would do to JJ Watt when he goes to Fullback on some plays. Back in the glory years right.

So much stupid in this thread.

You can count on your left hand the number of d-linemen that ever had carries in a P5 or NFL team in the last 40 years, probably further back than that. There's a reason it never happens.

Yes OK there's the fridge with Chicago like 30 years ago, and very little of that since then. There's a reason for that.

Advertisement

You can count on your left hand the number of d-linemen that ever had carries in a P5 or NFL team in the last 40 years, probably further back than that. There's a reason it never happens.

Yes OK there's the fridge with Chicago like 30 years ago, and very little of that since then. There's a reason for that.

But it works on video games!

I played with a 6'5 FB. You don't have a clue. The major factor is most guys 6'5 aren't quick enough to play the position. The FB is a blocker not a runner. He blocks mostly LBs and DE's, so tell me wtf a LB gonna do? Dive at his legs? Them going low will just take themselves out of the play.

Last edited:

But it works on video games!

Off Topic, but I loved Ditka and the Fridge. ... If that team could win 2 Super Bowls with Jim McMahon as their QB (never got into the 60% completion rate with 67 TDs and 56 Interceptions as a Bear), then we have hope this season!

As for DJ at RB, come on now...

Advertisement
I played with a 6'5 FB. You don't have a clue. The major factor is most guys 6'5 aren't quick enough to play the position. The FB is a blocker not a runner. He blocks mostly LBs and DE's, so tell me wtf a LB gonna do? Dive at his legs? Them going low will just take themselves out of the play.

At 6'1" 230lbs I'd gladly take on a 6'5" 240lb Fullback all day. I'd hit that ***** right underneath his chin.

I'm sure any LB worth his salt would do the same thing. I much rather take on a 6'5" 240lb Fullback than a 5'11" 240lb. Those are the ones that bring the wood. It's about leverage. If 6'5" guys made good Fullbacks then there'd be more of them.

Besides, most of our fans have a boner for him carrying the ball, not blocking.

I understand leverage. Your point makes sense. A bowling ball FB is ideal. However, I stated that we didn't have a true FB on the roster and I was referring to using DJ and Kendrick for goal line and short yardage only.

Herndon has lined up in the backfield many times and he is 6'4. I do believe offensive linemen still block LBs at the 2nd level. So, what's the difference if a 6'5 OL or a 6'5 FB blocks the LB?

I like Norton at goal line FB because he is quick, plays with good leverage, and is nasty. I think DJ had mentioned playing some RB. Again, I said only use him on goal line and short yardage in the "heavy" package. On goal line plays in the "heavy" package, there will not be any CBs in the game. Because of the short yardage situation, there is little worry about anyone going for his knees especially with the FB blocking for him. So, injury rick is low.

I think it's ok to think outside the box.

Last edited:
This thread reminds me of the good ole days when I use to play Sega Dreamcast... I use to put Marshall Faulk at D-end and sack the qb every **** play...

I understand leverage. Your point makes sense. A bowling ball FB is ideal. However, I stated that we didn't have a true FB on the roster and I was referring to using DJ and Kendrick for goal line and short yardage only.

Herndon has lined up in the backfield many times and he is 6'4. I do believe offensive linemen still block LBs at the 2nd level. So, what's the difference if a 6'5 OL or a 6'5 FB blocks the LB?

I like Norton at goal line FB because he is quick, plays with good leverage, and is nasty. I think DJ had mentioned playing some RB. Again, I said only use him on goal line and short yardage in the "heavy" package. On goal line plays in the "heavy" package, there will not be any CBs in the game. Because of the short yardage situation, there is little worry about anyone going for his knees especially with the FB blocking for him. So, injury rick is low.

I think it's ok to think outside the box.

Which is why you do what you do, and other people coach.

Are you seriously saying use these guys as running or blocking backs?

Advertisement
Back