2025 DJ Pickett 5* Safety from Zephyrhills

Advertisement
4156C945-BC0C-45FA-AAF2-167A2D4B6308.gif

What did I say that was slander?

Pickett is a better prospect than JW coming out of HS.

JW was a 5-star who never made an All-conference team in his college career & likely won't be drafted until the 3rd or 4th round at best.

And that's mostly contingent upon his willingness to play a different position than what he was recruited, signed & played as in College.
Let’s bookmark this & see when he’s drafted

He wanted to fully switch this year, our safeties were just trash. There’s a reason he finally stopped counting carbs and let his body put on the weight he should’ve gained in 1 year at UM. If he would’ve been advised properly (before Guidry got here) he would be 245-250 right now and a top 50 prospect.

He wanted to switch?

No.

Steele approached him about LB and he threatened to transfer in the spring window.

Advertisement
What did I say that was slander?

Pickett is a better prospect than JW coming out of HS.

JW was a 5-star who never made an All-conference team in his college career & likely won't be drafted until the 3rd or 4th round at best.

And that's mostly contingent upon his willingness to play a different position than what he was recruited, signed & played as in College.
Also believe they had Williams working with the LB’s at the senior bowl. Only a matter of time before he’s there full time.

He wanted to switch?

No.

Steele approached him about LB and he threatened to transfer in the spring window.
You’re saying the same thing I said. He was advised poorly when Steele was here. THIS year he wanted to play LB (under Guidry) hence why he gained nearly 25-30lbs - just needed him more at safety.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
AR, Rousseau, JW & Lingard were all good players.. none were unicorns.

Francis was though & he moves better than some P5 TEs at 315lbs.

Defense? Probably Allen Bailey & Jaelan Phillips.
Agreed. I view "unicorns" as guys who are worthy of being put on those CFB Freaks list. They usually have a blend of size, speed, and strength.

Advertisement
Back