2025 DJ Pickett 5* Safety from Zephyrhills

Joe Biden Shock GIF by GIPHY News

Lingard was a good player????
Prospect wise šŸ˜‚

Advertisement
Advertisement
This kid is elite as in Day 1 projection. Not sure how big a step up from elite you have to go to get to Unicorn. Seems moot to me. Land Pickett and we lock down our opponents' #1 weapon.

This kid is elite as in Day 1 projection. Not sure how big a step up from elite you have to go to get to Unicorn. Seems moot to me. Land Pickett and we lock down our opponents' #1 weapon.
Fight to the Death type recruit....

A side from Nickels, DJā€™s the most important get in this class. Close Mario.

Agree 100%. Regardless of whether heā€™s a S or CB long term, he is a unicorn that we desperately need in the back 5 with extreme ties to UM AND we are the only in state school that is really in it for him. Canā€™t let LSU, Oregon šŸ¤®, UGA take this kid.

Iā€™d even probably put him above Nickel but thats a separate discussion and one I wonā€™t argue against.

Advertisement
AR, Rousseau, JW & Lingard were all good players.. none were unicorns.

Francis was though & he moves better than some P5 TEs at 315lbs.

Defense? Probably Allen Bailey & Jaelan Phillips.
I would argue Rousseau was a unicorn. He was 6ā€™7ā€ and completely unblockable his sophomore year with 15.5 sacks and 19.5 tfl. He also just looked different the moment he stepped on campus.

I would argue Rousseau was a unicorn. He was 6ā€™7ā€ and completely unblockable his sophomore year with 15.5 sacks and 19.5 tfl. He also just looked different the moment he stepped on campus.
I think the general consensus on a ā€œUnicornā€ is an absolute freak athletically.

6ā€™4ā€ DB running a 10.6 at 16 and having a 35+ vert is a different level.

Greg ran a 4.7 at 265lbs (just above average), his vert was 30 inches (average) his bench reps were 21 (average). Heā€™s a ball player, donā€™t get it twisted, A+ productionā€¦ Just not that Clowney, Jaelan, Oweh type athlete.

Advertisement
I like elites like this cause they start day one and clean the room. So if u missed the last two cycles those jags transfer and open up spots for the next class. They give you a position room reset

Maybe. A lot of people said the same about Cormani. He's a baller no doubt, but I'm not gonna go Denny Green and crown him just yet.

Agree 100%. Regardless of whether heā€™s a S or CB long term, he is a unicorn that we desperately need in the back 5 with extreme ties to UM AND we are the only in state school that is really in it for him. Canā€™t let LSU, Oregon šŸ¤®, UGA take this kid.

Iā€™d even probably put him above Nickel but thats a separate discussion and one I wonā€™t argue against.
Iā€™d put Zayden Walker above Nickel as well.

Nickel has a nice ceiling & canes would be lucky to have him, but these are foundation pieces that change trajectory.

Look at the last 4 national champion QBs
- Mac Jones
- Stetson Bennett
- Stetson Bennett again
- JJ McCarthy

Great college QBs but none are world beaters. Stack as much NFL talent as humanly possible & find yourself your Ken Dorsey. It seems to be the trend working as of late.

Advertisement
Maybe. A lot of people said the same about Cormani. He's a baller no doubt, but I'm not gonna go Denny Green and crown him just yet.

Not comparable IMO. Cormani was 6'2 165 coming out of HS. So ridiculously athletic but not college ready physically or mentally.

Re: DJ, his HUDL page now lists him at 6'4" and 175 pounds.

Don't believe it? Brian Smith on Donno's Locked on Canes said that Booker -- who is 6'3" -- told him that DJ is taller than him. That whole family has the most ridiculous DNA out there. Kid is 6'4" and still locking kids down. He plays both directions (beast at WR as well) but doesn't have much defensive film because no one will throw it his direction. Corey Raymond told Smith that DJ was the best recruit in the class in all of Florida. The upside is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Not comparable IMO. Cormani was 6'2 165 coming out of HS. So ridiculously athletic but not college ready physically or mentally.

Re: DJ, his HUDL page now lists him at 6'4" and 175 pounds.

Don't believe it? Brian Smith on Donno's Locked on Canes said that Booker -- who is 6'3" -- told him that DJ is taller than him. That whole family has the most ridiculous DNA out there. Kid is 6'4" and still locking kids down. He plays both directions (beast at WR as well) but doesn't have much defensive film because no one will throw it his direction. Corey Raymond told Smith that DJ was the best recruit in the class in all of Florida. The upside is ridiculous.
People had McClain as someone who was supposed to lock down his guy, blah blah blah. You hear it all the time. Pickett is great, but until he goes up against college talent, we will never know. That's all I'm saying.

People had McClain as someone who was supposed to lock down his guy, blah blah blah. You hear it all the time. Pickett is great, but until he goes up against college talent, we will never know. That's all I'm saying.
CIS gurus and DB experts say Pickett is the goods. They were wrong about Tracy Howardā€¦.but thatā€™s in the past. This time, the DB gurus are correct.

Advertisement
Back