2024 DJ Lagway - QB

We recruit like Alabama rather than UGA. Two completely different philosophies. If you win it works out great and if not you're going to lose out on some kids you would've had if you recruited a bit differently. Like someone else said maybe some of the kids I know and I'm connected with I think too highly of and they aren't at the top of the board for the coaches. It's not negative just our process

Advertisement
We recruit like Alabama rather than UGA. Two completely different philosophies. If you win it works out great and if not you're going to lose out on some kids you would've had if you recruited a bit differently. Like someone else said maybe some of the kids I know and I'm connected with I think too highly of and they aren't at the top of the board for the coaches. It's not negative just our process
Could you elaborate on this a bit more? I know both do the bags, but it seems like Georgia leans on them even more than Bama. Granted, a lot of Bama's pitch is their proof of concept for so many guys getting drafted high (ignoring those that get cycled out). I am not sure Georgia is quite there yet. But it doesn't seem like we can fully use the Georgia model for the obvious reasons. Really appreciate the information you are bringing to the board.

I did my part with him and Anthony Evans. The coaches showed no interest if I'm being honest. I've kind of gotten out of the way and let them recruit the way they want to. I had Tovani here before he committed to UGA and almost begged them to show him love and nothing. Butler from USC wanted love here and Addae acted like he didn't know who he was. Obviously we are doing great on the trail so its all love. There is a certain way they want to do it so I just support my Canes and let them do their thing. As I said months ago there are plenty of kids who don't love the way Mario recruits and then others who its perfect for.
Coach tripping if he don’t want lagway the kids a future superstar if developed correctly

Hoping there is a different level of interest in Lagway from staff when it comes time to truly focus on 2024 prospects, I have no idea who the big dogs are at QB that year, but I love DJ's highlight film.

So glad you are comparing us to Alabama and UGA and not Temple...

Advertisement
Coach tripping if he don’t want lagway the kids a future superstar if developed correctly

I'm not saying we don't want him at all. Just saying I can help big time here and they were responsive then very unresponsive when it came time to get him here. He told me months ago he wanted this offer and I sent game film etc. and then visit time and crickets. Full disclaimer it could've been a compliance thing too.

Could you elaborate on this a bit more? I know both do the bags, but it seems like Georgia leans on them even more than Bama. Granted, a lot of Bama's pitch is their proof of concept for so many guys getting drafted high (ignoring those that get cycled out). I am not sure Georgia is quite there yet. But it doesn't seem like we can fully use the Georgia model for the obvious reasons. Really appreciate the information you are bringing to the board.

As crazy as it sounds UGA is more relational with the family where Bama is all about business. We are leaning more business than relationships (at least with a lot of the kids I know) I have ZERO issue with it and as long as we do what we should on the field the EXCLUSIVITY we are selling is going to work.

As crazy as it sounds UGA is more relational with the family where Bama is all about business. We are leaning more business than relationships (at least with a lot of the kids I know) I have ZERO issue with it and as long as we do what we should on the field the EXCLUSIVITY we are selling is going to work.
Is it not both? Cause every single recruit says there biggest takeaway from Miami is relationship and family feel

Is it not both? Cause every single recruit says there biggest takeaway from Miami is relationship and family feel
What I’m picking up is you get that when deemed “worthy” of it by the staff.

If you aren’t considered a top target than you likely don’t get the same full on family treatment.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back