2024 DJ Lagway - QB

Baylor legacy kid, very good strong arm with a quick trigger release, Baseball arm, throws absolute bullets.

High level dual-threat with terrific escapability in the pocket, rushed for over 700yds his Sophomore year.

He’s got some Malik Willis to his game, but he’s still young & developing as a passer.

I think Baylor, Bama & LSU are the teams who are recruiting him the earliest.

But truth be told, he’d be the perfect fit in Briles offense, a strong arm dual threat athlete that runs just as well as he throws is the exact prototype QB that Kendal Briles works best with in his offense.

Advertisement
He always keeps his eyes downfield , no matter what’s going on around him. Which is rare for his age. He doesn’t look to run until the pocket has broken down , he’s constantly climbing / sliding. Throws a nice back shoulder and seems to lead most wr’s.

Id like to see his stats and mainly his comp % , I’m a big accuracy guy. I‘d also like to see him going through progressions more.

He needs to clean up some things with his mechanics / throwing motion.

He looks like a very nice prospect with a high ceiling, I’ll be watching.

Baylor legacy kid, very good strong arm with a quick trigger release, Baseball arm, throws absolute bullets.

High level dual-threat with terrific escapability in the pocket, rushed for over 700yds his Sophomore year.

He’s got some Malik Willis to his game, but he’s still young & developing as a passer.

But truth be told, he’d be the perfect fit in Briles offense, a strong arm dual threat athlete that runs just as well as he throws is the exact prototype QB that Kendal Briles works best with in his offense.
He definitely looks like a baseball player with how he grips it and rips it. The ball explodes off his hand.

He definitely looks like a baseball player with how he grips it and rips it. The ball explodes off his hand.
The common theme amongst kids who play Baseball & QB is super strong arm, with an unorthodox throwing motion.

The throwing mechanics can be tightened up, but what you love is the arm talent & the ability to throw with great velocity. I prefer for QB’s to have a Baseball background, because that kind of arm strength can’t be taught.

The common theme amongst kids who play Baseball & QB is super strong arm, with an unorthodox throwing motion.

The throwing mechanics can be tightened up, but what you love is the arm talent & the ability to throw with great velocity. I prefer for QB’s to have a Baseball background, because that kind of arm strength can’t be taught.
Yep , I mentioned his throwing mechanics in my first post. It all makes sense now lol. I love his film. He’s a dual threat kid that stays the pocket and trusts it while keeping eyes downfield, sliding and climbing the pocket. But is explosive once he leaves. I’m actually surprised how much I liked his film.

Last edited:
Advertisement
****, that's a great looking sophomore.

Last major QB that played there, Michael Bishop, Willis High. Not much there unless times have changed but just north of Houston by 30 minutes or so. I have some family in Conroe.

We had a QB from nearby. Kirby Freeman of the Woodlands.

Michael Bishop was a bad bad man I remember him and Joe Hamilton vividly!

Advertisement

His throwing style reminds me of Winston. The kid is going to do tremendous just in his ability to extend plays...

He always keeps his eyes downfield , no matter what’s going on around him. Which is rare for his age. He doesn’t look to run until the pocket has broken down , he’s constantly climbing / sliding. Throws a nice back shoulder and seems to lead most wr’s.

Id like to see his stats and mainly his comp % , I’m a big accuracy guy. I‘d also like to see him going through progressions more.

He needs to clean up some things with his mechanics / throwing motion.

He looks like a very nice prospect with a high ceiling, I’ll be watching.

Says he played safety on varsity his 1st season with limited snaps at QB. So last year was his first year as the starter.

Plays in 6A and led team to 2nd round of playoffs

Looks to be 55% with 17 td and 2 int

Ran the ball for another 715 and 6 scores
A1D62572-20B5-4892-89DF-38C169FBFBA9.png

Love the baseball kids that play QB. They naturally have the ability to make throws out of some wild arm slots and angles. Combine it with a strong arm an good mobility and you’ve got the recipe for a stud QB prospect.

Advertisement
Might or might not be interested and someone you guys know will be bringing him down next month. Before anyone says no chance hold your tongue lol.

Sheeeiiiitttt! I’m interested. Kid looks pretty good to me. Looks like a smaller version of Jacurri back there slinging the rock! Of course, he looks to be more accurate. The ball jumps outta his hand. Sign him up! Regardless of what the Rasheda does this year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back