DJ Johnson

Advertisement
Some guys posted screenshots from FB where he was claiming he was going to flip to Warshington after he visited there late.

He was definitely close to flipping, even told their staff he was going. The connection there is legit.

Concerning.

Some guys posted screenshots from FB where he was claiming he was going to flip to Warshington after he visited there late.

He was definitely close to flipping, even told their staff he was going. The connection there is legit.

Concerning.

Yeah, this isn't even close to true.

His parents did prefer he stay out West, but once he took his OV DJ was solid to Miami.

And even if he did tell UW's staff something, who cares? Jobe just told our staff he would OV in Jan. It's recruiting, kids lie all the time

Was wondering when this thread would reappear. Hope it’s all gonna work out. We don’t seem to be recruiting like coaches think he might leave.

Advertisement
If there's smoke, the fire almost always follows. Players don't disappear in the middle of a season for "personal reasons."

People made it seem like there was no drama with DJ's recruitment, but there was heavy drama involving Warshington at the end. He was all over social media claiming that he was going to Warshington.

I don’t remember that at all.

Maybe I’m wrong, but I don’t think he said a single thing on social media about going to Washington.

There was noise about it on this board, but that’s all I remember.

I don’t think he ever wavered.

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/johnson-explains-wavered-commitment/118301

There was a ton of smoke around him flirting hard with Warshington very close to signing day. And I think some guys posted screenshots from FB where he was claiming he was going to flip to Warshington after he visited there late.

Actually Oregon is where the smoke was close to NSD, but it turns out that was just rumors.

DJ visited UW in October actually (how is that late again)?

Between this and the Cleveland Reed thread, it's pretty clear you'd much rather have rumors be true and be "right" than have these guys actually at UM

Transferring to Washington doesn't make much sense. It isn't close to home, they run a different defense (3-4), and it's not like they are devoid of DL talent. At worst here, he'd get a ton of PT next year as a reserve with a great shot at starting his money year.

Transferring to Washington doesn't make much sense. It isn't close to home, they run a different defense (3-4), and it's not like they are devoid of DL talent. At worst here, he'd get a ton of PT next year as a reserve with a great shot at starting his money year.
It is a lot closer to home than Miami is tho

Advertisement
Franchise and original, both guys I usually agree with on most points. However, I don’t remember a lot of talk of him not coming and I follow pretty closely.
Next year, if he makes the necessary strides, he probably plays almost as much as the starters. Different situations will put him on the field and he’s a twisted ankle away from starting. He’ll get time at end as well as tackle in passing downs. Will play a ton. Or go to UW and play in 2019. Like jack said, either way, I don’t give a ****. But I hope he stays.

LOL he wouldn’t get ANY PT next year - those pesky rules

Advertisement
not going anywhere

will have a chance to play a ton, possibly start, the next two years. if he balls he could be in the nfl by then.

Just an FYI for the amateurs out there, this is complete BS. He has a brother who is currently being recruiting. Him following the coaches on Twitter as nothing to do w/him, this is about his brother. But wink wink.

Advertisement
If there's smoke, the fire almost always follows. Players don't disappear in the middle of a season for "personal reasons."

People made it seem like there was no drama with DJ's recruitment, but there was heavy drama involving Warshington at the end. He was all over social media claiming that he was going to Warshington.

I don’t remember that at all.

Maybe I’m wrong, but I don’t think he said a single thing on social media about going to Washington.

There was noise about it on this board, but that’s all I remember.

I don’t think he ever wavered.

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/johnson-explains-wavered-commitment/118301

There was a ton of smoke around him flirting hard with Warshington very close to signing day. And I think some guys posted screenshots from FB where he was claiming he was going to flip to Warshington after he visited there late.

Actually Oregon is where the smoke was close to NSD, but it turns out that was just rumors.

DJ visited UW in October actually (how is that late again)?

Between this and the Cleveland Reed thread, it's pretty clear you'd much rather have rumors be true and be "right" than have these guys actually at UM

No, ma'am. The smoke was with Warshington. And it was heavy.

Just an FYI for the amateurs out there, this is complete BS. He has a brother who is currently being recruiting. Him following the coaches on Twitter as nothing to do w/him, this is about his brother.

Seems plausible. None of us have inside info, just logic from years of observing. Being alert in this situation is not amateurish. There are red flags everywhere. Hopefully it is what you said.. for everyone's sake.

Advertisement
Back