DJ Ivey last night

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Just a quick note, but Ivey completely locked up his side of the field last night against Southridge — didn’t even throw his way.

He was matched up with Dee Wiggins for most of the night. What Ivey might lack in explosive speed, he makes up for with his length and cover skills. He has tremendous versatility as well — they had him covering the slot at times and has played safety at points this season.

I’ve been on his bandwagon for a long time, but just want to reiterate that I believe Miami has a big-time cover corner on their hands, especially once he gets right in the weight room.

Advertisement
Didn’t Antrel Rolle say he was ready to play day 1? He has natural corner attributes. Improved Speed will come with training.

Was also there.

This kid is real deal. Smooth is the word I'd use to describe him. He's not some burner, but he's just very fluid in the way he moves. Moves like a high end athlete. Good point with how long he is as a corner. Definitely stands out as he looks like a modern corner.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This kid is the goods. He has EVERYTHING that you can't coach or improve upon that you want in a corner.

He will get bigger, faster, & become more fluid in technique with coaching.

definitely the most under rated prospect in our class, everyone always talking about jobe, hall, blades, and frierson, and for good reason they're all very talented players but ivey is also very talented in his own right and he never gets talked about. He may not have blazing speed but he played some man coverage against jeff thomas in this video and jeff has widely been considered one of the fastest on the team and dj stays with him very well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opeO-4tqCtw&t=93s

Last edited:
Advertisement
Big fan of DJ's game. No wasted motion, smooth as ****. Seems to have a very high football IQ. Understands routes and is always aware of situation(down and distance). I can see him just wearing down his opponents and getting them to quit as he doesn't make mentals. I think someone posted a clip of him doing drills by himself to work on short area quickness so you know he's gonna put in the work to be great. Combine this with Coach Rumph's ability to coach/teach and S&C program and Ivey's ceiling is wherever he wants it to be. My $0.02.

Go Canes!

definitely the most under rated prospect in our class, everyone always talking about jobe, hall, blades, and frierson, and for good reason they're all very talented players but ivey is also very talented in his own right and he never gets talked about. He may not have blazing speed but he played some man coverage against jeff thomas in this video and jeff has widely been considered one of the fastest on the team and dj stays with him very well.

lol this video doesn't tell you chit sabot ivey except he's tall and long. It ain't like he manned up at the line against Thomas chit he played off most all the plays. Might be a good zone guy but his lack of long speed is a concern.

he'll I'm not even sold on Wiggins at this point.

Advertisement

lol this video doesn't tell you chit sabot ivey except he's tall and long. It ain't like he manned up at the line against Thomas chit he played off most all the plays. Might be a good zone guy but his lack of long speed is a concern.

Excellent analysis

The video really didn't show anything. The only play on it with a contested ball, Thomas won and Ivey was spun like a top.

I would also say it shows nothing about Ivey either. He doesn't really get to run, man up at the line, or basically anything but his backpedal. It is just a waste of video.

FYI, I'm not sold on Wiggins either. Seems like a possession guy who will have trouble getting open. Ivey, I haven't seen enough of him to make an opinion.

The video really didn't show anything. The only play on it with a contested ball, Thomas won and Ivey was spun like a top.

I would also say it shows nothing about Ivey either. He doesn't really get to run, man up at the line, or basically anything but his backpedal. It is just a waste of video.

FYI, I'm not sold on Wiggins either. Seems like a possession guy who will have trouble getting open. Ivey, I haven't seen enough of him to make an opinion.

the dbs we should be looking forward to hopefully playing on alot of PT for the future, hall, jobe , campbell, bandy , young ,blades, D smith hopefully asante and dent join the U - just being honest , i would love to steal them from lame fsu

Last edited:
Just to be clear, Ivey could be a straight monster. I just haven't seen the film showing it and that video was a waste of everyone's time.

Advertisement
Back