DJ Dallas

Im hoping Enos is creative and unpredictable enough that we dont see the wildcat.. I'd love to see DJ motion out and create matchup problems against slower LBs and Safetys

if we never see wildcat that would make it predictable, wouldn't it?

Advertisement
To preface the original post, it’s more about Enos putting our skill guys in positions to succeed. I think DJ in the wildcat, maybe 20 times all season, would be a nice wrinkle, but I’m guessing Enos has plenty more wrinkles.

The riches of playmakers we have is exciting

DJ
Cam Harris
JT4, who they are targeting to get 10 touches a game
Brevin and Mallory
Pope
Hightower

I can see us getting back to the glory days of having double digit Skill guys with 5+ TDS in a season. Enos is just the guy to get us there.

Pop belly you know this lol. But seriously I think He will have a solid season with 700 yards or so(don’t expect him to be the lead back the whole season), 400 receiving yards 10 tds total. That’s how we should use him imo. Not necessarily as the lead back but all over the field even on the field at the same time as Lingard or cam Harris

Dallas, Harris, Lingard on the field at the same time would be the ****. Richt's head will explode if he sees that on tv this season.

More than the wildcat i would like to see Deejay utilized in the passing game. He may not be the fastest but he is so slippery in the open field.
He was slippery his freshman year before he ate at McDonalds a whole offseason. He was so good and the last staff ruined him.

He was slippery his freshman year before he ate at McDonalds a whole offseason. He was so good and the last staff ruined him.
How was he slippery and so good when he barely played as a freshman outside a handful of carries vs Notre dame, va tech, Clemson and a catch vs unc? Sample size was just a bit bigger than what cam Harris did at the end of last year.

Advertisement

He was absolutely a better runner in 2018 than he was in 2017. He was stronger and broke way more tackles, and his feet remained excellent.

Some of y'all are so **** clueless on this board it's honestly crazy.

How was he slippery and so good when he barely played as a freshman outside a handful of carries vs Notre dame, va tech, Clemson and a catch vs unc? Sample size was just a bit bigger than what cam Harris did at the end of last year.
Barely played? He was the number 2 running back. Do you forget when he had enough speed to turn the corner against ND and Wisconsin for TD’s. He was fat and he was slow. They tried to make him something he wasn’t. End of story.

He was absolutely a better runner in 2018 than he was in 2017. He was stronger and broke way more tackles, and his feet remained excellent.

Some of y'all are so **** clueless on this board it's honestly crazy.
Take away one run on a busted coverage and he averaged a tick over 3 yards a carry from FSU on. You are clueless. You are a homer. And you certainly don’t know running backs.

Take away one run on a busted coverage and he averaged a tick over 3 yards a carry from FSU on. You are clueless. You are a homer. And you certainly don’t know running backs.

Deejay had 1 problem last year and it was fumbles. That's it. He's going to be just fine this year, just as he was last year.

Saying a kid was "ruined" his sophomore year after running for 200 yards in 10 games as a freshman is super retarded.

Advertisement
Deejay had 1 problem last year and it was fumbles. That's it. He's going to be just fine this year, just as he was last year.

Saying a kid was "ruined" his sophomore year after running for 200 yards in 10 games as a freshman is super retarded.
I dont Even remember him being that explosive that everyone like to say he was as a freshman

I dont Even remember him being that explosive that everyone like to say he was as a freshman

He wasn’t.

To me he seemed to have quicker feet and more wiggle in 2017. From my eyes, I thought the extra weight brought that down a little.

But it could have just been the overall funk of the offense.

He had a little bit of belly and could stand to lose 5 to 10 lbs. of baby fat with less sugar in his diet. He would get a step quicker and keep the added power.

Have not seen any close ups lately, so for all I know, he could have already done this.

He wasn’t.

To me he seemed to have quicker feet and more wiggle in 2017. From my eyes, I thought the extra weight brought that down a little.

But it could have just been the overall funk of the offense.

He had a little bit of belly and could stand to lose 5 to 10 lbs. of baby fat with less sugar in his diet. He would get a step quicker and keep the added power.

Have not seen any close ups lately, so for all I know, he could have already done this.
Atleast someone understands. And there is a picture I have from spring workouts, he still has a gut.

Advertisement
Versatile player. Hope he remains a jack of all trades as a RB/QB/WR/KR/PR.

6 of his 7 most explosive plays came via special teams, receiver, wildcat QB.

2018:

83 yd td run vs Duke
65 yd punt return td vs Pitt
49 yd punt return vs FSU
53 yd kick return @ BC
35 yd punt return vs Wisky

2017:

49 yd rec @unc
39 yd td run vs Wisky

Enos has so much pressure on his shoulders. If this guy doesn’t live up to the tremendous expectations were putting on him we’re going to ******* roast him worse then maybe anybody ever.

Lol pressure... he was the OC at Bama under Saban competing for national champions. This is nothing.

Lol pressure... he was the OC at Bama under Saban competing for national champions. This is nothing.
He was the QB coach, not OC. Otherwise people here would have baked him for not being able to score against Clemson.

Advertisement
Atleast someone understands. And there is a picture I have from spring workouts, he still has a gut.

DJ will have a big year.

Others want to see him supplanted by Lo or Cam, but to me, he fits right in.

Has the most experience and versatility.

I want to see him in 2 back sets and moved all over the field. We can run 20 with a tight end slot and be a straight menace to opposing defenses. Just as explosive running as passing with our personnel.

DJ will have a big year.

Others want to see him supplanted by Lo or Cam, but to me, he fits right in.

Has the most experience and versatility.

I want to see him in 2 back sets and moved all over the field. We can run 20 with a tight end slot and be a straight menace to opposing defenses. Just as explosive running as passing with our personnel.
I want The most talented guys on the field. Those other backs need their touches too. Give Dallas 8-10 carries a game and a couple of passes as well.

He wasn’t. He makes his living with his wiggle/feet and ability to run through tackles. I don’t get this nonsense for bashing the kid for adding weight. Would I like to see him a touch more explosive? Sure. But he’s not a burner and never was. The added weight allowed him to run through tackles, which he did constantly last year and only will continue to do as he adds even more strength. Dummies around here act like the staff took a 4.4 kid and put 40 pounds on him. Deejay needed to get bigger and stronger, it’s how he makes his bones. And he’s actually very agile for his size, but he’s not nor was he ever running away from people.

I want The most talented guys on the field. Those other backs need their touches too. Give Dallas 8-10 carries a game and a couple of passes as well.
Agreed. He should be our version of Josh Jacobs. Bama had 3 backs get 100+ carries last yr and we should do something similar. Utilize all 3 and keep them fresh to keep putting pressure on defenses.

Advertisement
Back